Free Audio Recordings on Relaxing and Sleeping

survivor

About.com's tips on relaxtion (McMaster University's which I use a lot. It is guided deep breathing, muscle relaxation, autogenic training, and guided imagery)

Hypnotherapy Audio Tracks (I only use "The Gift of Relaxation"...it's not actually hypnotherapy, rather deep guided relaxation. I usually add it on in front of other ones ---- I mix and match all of mine for daytime or bedtime relaxation intentions). *

Healthy Living To Go Audio Library by Kaiser (A big name in the medical/hospital community). I really like some of theirs. I use some of the ones under "Relieve Stress" and "Healthful Sleep".

Serenity at UMB Relaxation CD University of Massachusetts -- Boston. I have them all downloaded but I think I only use one or two of them as they are more yoga stuff versus "just lying there" stuff.

Relaxation Exercises (MP3 audio) University of Wisconsin - Madison. I have these downloaded, but I don't believe that I use them. At least not on a regular basis.

Sleep Wellness Page Tufts University, which has links to other sites of free downloadable relaxation stuff. Some may already be mentioned above. But there are others, many of which I really like. I believe it's the Liverpool University that you can't access unless you are a student there. But the other ones are available to the public. They include MIT (I think I use their Guided Imagery), University of Mary Washington, Western Washington University, Indiana University, University of Liverpool, University of Texas (I know I use some of theirs), University of North Carolina, and Hobart and William Smith Colleges (I know I use some of theirs).

Online Relaxation Exercises I don't use this as it is not downloadable and is something that you play on your computer while you are online. And because we have a dial up connection, I've never listened to them because it would be too slow. But there might be something in there helpful for you if you have high speed.

throughthefire

Thanks! These are great resources! I just downloaded a bunch from Meditainment which are awesome but not free. I'm definitely going to check these out as well.

Wow! Thanks for sharing these!

Great Links!

Another one is:-

http://www.liv.ac.uk/counserv/relax/index.htm

That's the one that requires that you be a student of the University of Liverpool. It requires a login and password to access the downloads :( But terrific for those who are affiliated with that University I'm sure!

survivor

Great Links!

Another one is:-

http://www.liv.ac.uk/counserv/relax/index.htm

That's the one that requires that you be a student of the University of Liverpool. It requires a login and password to access the downloads :( But terrific for those who are affiliated with that University I'm sure!

survivor

Oh no! I'm really sorry. I didn't realise. I found the downloads really good, it's such a shame that others can't access them. I've just tried myself and I can't access them anymore either because I'm not a student there anymore :( . Thanks for pointing this out. Sorry everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to most of these sites and found that if I right clicked on the downloads I could 'save link as' and save them to my computer. I haven't taken the time yet to see if they are working but they look fine to me.

• 11 months later...
FloweringRose

Thank you for these links

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some sounds of creeks, crickets, storms, and white noise of various lengths that can be downloaded and then copied to your MP3 or CD. (I keep a good supply of them on my MP3 player that I keep in bed with me to listen to.)

Free, Soothing Sound MP3s

survivor

Thank you everyone for all these links. I have used Kaiser one, but not yet the others. Hope this helps everyone relax and rest well. :sleepy::sleeping::yay:

Theresa

these are all really great :) I've been listening to some of them before I go to bed ... really helps with sleeping!

thanks again,

AM

• 1 year later...

Excellent resource thanks can use these when working with survivors online as a tool. Already loving this site :yay:

Archived