Katy

Tell us what moderated chat topics you would like to see:

231 posts in this topic

i missed the Art and Healing chat yesterday. :(

this aggravates me, because i am about to begin studying to become an art therapist, which is just a cool alternative to talk therapy..

idk how it went, but if there was a strong interest, could we maybe have another. i am sure i have lots of useful information to add to the discussions.

I'm sure we'll have another one coming up in the future. I hope you can attend :)

I missed the Art and Healing chat because I was away that weekend. I really wanted to go, so add me to the list of those hoping there will be a repeat!

I asked lyndsie about it already but I wanted to put it here also.

Quite a few of the members I have talked with have children because of rape. I see where you all have certain topics slated for chat on different days. Do ya'll think there could be some time set aside for those with children or pregnancies from their attack. I think that they need to talk with each other in a healing chat. Mainly so they won't feel so alone with it. Thank you for your consideration. Melmel

I don't really know if this is a good idea but what about a chat for people who have been hurt in unrelated incidences by different attackers?

Sort of multiple unrelated r and sa topic or something?

How about something on Survivors as secondaries? I have noticed that there seems to be quite a few of us who are supporting other survivors and some discussion of the benefits and pitfalls of this could be good.

Carleen

Coping with Chronic Illness while healing would help a lot.
By the way Kalley I love Leo B. Used to watch his lectures when I was in hi school and they were like on pbs took notes it was cool. Dont have them anymore those got lost in the many moves I was apart of. But still love his message.

I like Kalley's idea about crinic illness what about one on those dealing with disabilities as well.

I would love to see something about what happens after the court case is all done and over . Whats next for the survivor ? I think a lot of people are lost, we get so caught up in the system then like that its over and we still feel the same

thanks

Sherri

I'm hoping to hear about steps to prevent self-sabotage while healing - not so much on the heavy duty things like alcoholism, SI or ED but in the sneaky daily day to day sabotage.... The inability to keep up with financial responsibilities, keeping up on the house, etc... showing up for appointments, following up on calls..... These are issues I contend with on a daily basis which in the long haul can really challenge my self esteem/improvement and all... Facing my day and keeping the momentum is tough.

I agree with this one, This a constant struggle for me.

I dont know if there is any way to work it or not, but is there any way we could have a chat that allowed secondaries in? I think it would be benificial for them to be able to talk with us and be able to support more than just from the boards, and for them and us to be able to ask questions from the diffrent sides of dealing with all the issues that come up.....

This has probably been done before and I just missed it or hadn't joned yet, but could we have some kind of chat on/for survivors of childhood assault/abuse and/or having clouded memories because of being so young at the time? Would something along those lines be possible?

Also, count me on train hat wants another Arts & Healing Chat! Can't wait for that!

Thank You!

Sarah :)

I agree with Little Neighbor Girl. I have almost no memory other than body memory and nightmares. This would be so useful to me.

How about something on Survivors as secondaries? I have noticed that there seems to be quite a few of us who are supporting other survivors and some discussion of the benefits and pitfalls of this could be good.

Carleen

Seconded.

I like LittleNeighborGirl and Butterfly's suggestion of clouded memories cause of being so young.

Also some others requested a chat on shame ... I really struggle with that

And I don't know if anyone else struggles with this or not ... I don't have problems with panic and tons of anxiety ... I am at the opposite end ... extremely cut off from my feelings and body .... maybe a chat on how to reconnect with yourself in those areas?

Thanks,

Luise

could we have a Popcorn and a movie Chat????

we could all watch teh same movie on Hulu and chat about it... while eating popcorn (not required)

we could do something fun... like a comedy

or

healing...

Mingo

we could all watch teh same movie on Hulu and chat about it... while eating popcorn (not required)

the hulu one would be good but - and this is a big but - it only works in the us. :( i tried it in a few countries and i know a few members have tried it in canada.

I third the thing about survivors as secondaries. It's an issue that is *strongly* coming up for me.

Also, I'd really like to see a chat on/for survivors of many kinds of abuse- that would be helpful to me. And maybe make me feel less alone.

D.

just a helpful suggestion for the chat mods. :) maybe if you could add what TIMES would work for you in eastern it would be good. we've run some requested ones with low/no turn out. :)

thanks.

maybe something with school and dealing with how people are REALLY insensitive there most of the time...

something for parents...young parents or just parents of any age...

This could be a long shot and possibly something that is covered on the boards but I'd like to see a discussion on the effects of surviving with a disability because I'm hard of hearing and I have so many questions I'd like to ask, such as:-

As a survivor/secondary, how do you broach the subject of rape with your survivor when they have a condition that causes them to fit?

How useful is therapy for someone who is hard of hearing but doesn't know how to sign?

How do you put your hatred of certain disability aids aside when you were fixated on it as your way of disassociating yourself from abuse?

How has your disability affected your healing journey?

Well as **** survivor with a learning disability, it's kinda made it difficult b/c as a teen in a new town I had trouble makeing friends, and now as an adult I seem too be struggleing twice as much because I have a learning disability and I'm a **** survivor. :tear:

Posted (edited)

How not to let issues of the world get to you and bring you tumbling down?

edit: and a hug to blondie2002 above (if I may) because I can relate with having difficulty making friends.

Edited by CrystalFeather

Posted (edited)

nah, it was a dumb idea...sorry...

Edited by Snickerdoodle

Has there ever been one for survivors who have been through court? I think I'd benefit from that.

I would like to see a moderated chat about eating disorders.

I agree, a moderated chat about eating disorders would be awesome.

Also, maybe one for younger survivors?