Katy

Tell us what moderated chat topics you would like to see:

231 posts in this topic

Topic: Agoraphobia

Topic: Social Phobia

Topic: Dealing With Clergy Sexual Abuse

Love to see those topics. It's currently what I'm going through. Kinda selfish of me to want the topics that effect me, but when people like yourself come together and chat, it helps me know I'm not the only one.

You know?

dissociation?

yeah that is probably too weird though :/

Edited by awake

I dont think thats wierd at all Awake. Thanks for the suggestion :)

id really like a chat on how to learn to say no, not just in sexual situations, but in every situation. I just cant seem to say no bc im afraid of letting anyone down...

Something about being nice to ourselves, I am so hard on my self all the time and on't know how to stop that

Thanks

Sherri

I have thought of another that I would love to see. Something about not feeling guilty for keeping yourself or your children safe.

Heres an example:

The other day my kids and I were outside they were riding their bikes it was beautiful and this guy from another street came over and was showing my kids his dog, it was odd, made me very uncomfortable a few things he said really bothered me I was out there with another dad from the street and I tried to fade into the back ground and just really wanted him to leave. He was having this other little boy open his car door and let the dog out and just really odd. It just wasn't right

The few days later he comes and parks in front of my house I was taking Vincent out to get the mail and I told Vincent to turn around and go back in the house The guy says oh I wanted to show the kids my other dogs !!!! I turned around and went inside I mean please your an old man wanting to show little kids your dogs. I went in the house locked the door he even came and knocked on the door !!!!!! I was so completly furious how dare he come and knock on the door . I was furious and its amazing a part of me felt guilty for being rude and turning the other way andnot answering the door.

I woulkd like a topic that would help me deal with not feeling guilty when I am doing the right thing. Not answering the door was the best thing I've done he hasn't been back but why should I feel guilty when I was just keeping my children safe. Hope this makles sense just really bothered me and mad at myself for feeling guilty,

Thanks

Sherri

id really like a chat on how to learn to say no, not just in sexual situations, but in every situation. I just cant seem to say no bc im afraid of letting anyone down...

I'd really like a chat about this too.

With the holidays coming up, I thought maybe a "Coping through the holidays" such as christmas, thanksgiving, etc. for those that celebrate the holidays?

I know the holidays are triggering for me due to being around my extended family a lot during this time.

Just a thought.

Frustration from not following through on anything. I'm frustrated; husband is frustrated. Is it DID? Is it Complex PTSD? People used to tell me they were frustrated because there was so much wasted potential. Now they don't even go THERE. I'm just waiting for my doctor to get frustrated. He wants me to be a pioneer in a few different fields - but I keep thinking - wait, doesn't he know I have Complex PTSD - didn't he JUST diagnose me?!!

1) Is there some sort of training we can go through or technique to follow that can help us focus each day??

2) Also, I have noticed that a lot of people don't know the difference between PTSD and Complex PTSD. That might be another useful topic: the distinction between the two and the difference in treatment.

UPDATE OF SUGGESTIONS: (recent / current topics done from your suggestions in bold)

Long-term effects of PTSD

Difficulties in school / work due to mental health problems

Coping with Chronic Illness

Discussing how art and music can be helpful in healing

Survivors and education

How to deal with anxiety and panic?

Life after rape

How to deal with intimacy

Learning to open up and talk about our experiences

Thinking and caring about ourselves

residential and ip experiences

Male/female relationships/friendships and how this is affected by abuse/assault

Are my feelings normal?

Coping with crisis

Meeting your abuser or confronting abuser

Fear of abandonment

How to support other survivors

Chat for those who feel at fault

Trust

"I cannot remember everything"

Parenting challenges for survivors

Verbal/psychological abuse

Dealing with struggles around night time, sleeping, and nightmares

Handling responses from people ie negative and positive from family members, friends etcSexuality chat

Therapy

Dealing with your T/abusive/bad T's who abandon

Dealing with unwanted advances in view of a survivor.

When your abuser is sick or is near death or dies

Dealing with surfacing memories

masturbation chat

"Lets be friends chat" for those who are lonely or in need of company

Why it affects us so much

Communication

Scared to talk/chat in the chatroom

Saying No

Love

Agoraphobia

Social Phobia

Dealing With Clergy Sexual Abuse

Not feeling guilty when I am doing the right thing

Coping through the holidays

Frustration as not able to follow through on anything.

The difference between PTSD and Complex PTSD

Mod Chat: Verbal / Psychological Abuse 6pm EDT - is it possible to run this chat again at another time - i think i would benefit but cannot make this particular time

Thanks

How to make new friends .... especially when coming out of isolation, or feeling like you don't really know how to socialize due to csa. Ways people make friends, and how to help new friendships grow...

:butterfly:

Another what do you remember chat and also sexual issues chat preferably sunday night usa est

Surviving sexual assault/rape at work

Overcoming shame

dealing with did!!! ( disscoiative identity disorder )

sarah xXx

challenging negative self beliefs that hold us back in healing

and I second the dealing with shame suggestion

Dealing with the effects that therapy and the therapeutic relationship have had upon your life

Posted (edited)

How about a topic that has to do with using art as therapy or part of therapy or just using art in general during the healing process? Would something like that be possible?

Sarah :)

Edited by LittleNeighborGirl

i'm not sure exactly how to express this but...i think i'd like to have a moderated discussion about different types of therapy people have had, and what kinds of benefit they've found from it. i guess i've run into some people who have recommended i do some things that strike me as really strange, or that seem to have nothing to do with what i've been thru. i think....it would help to hear what kinds of therapy other people have found to be helpful. i know it's a very personal thing, but...just an idea.

thanks,

mereme

a chat on miscarriages :)

With these hard economic times, a chat for people looking/out of work/frustrated with looking for work.

Thanks

i missed the Art and Healing chat yesterday. :(

this aggravates me, because i am about to begin studying to become an art therapist, which is just a cool alternative to talk therapy..

idk how it went, but if there was a strong interest, could we maybe have another. i am sure i have lots of useful information to add to the discussions.