Katy

Tell us what moderated chat topics you would like to see:

231 posts in this topic

We try to host a variety of moderated chats here every month. If you have a topic idea for a chat that you would like to see done, then post your ideas here and we will do our best to accommodate it :)

It doesn't matter if the chat topic has been done before - popular topics may be repeated several times and new things come up in them each time!

Posted (edited)

I would like one on long term effects of PTSD, looking at the recent research showing physical brain changes in some cases. How to cope, and how much functionality cane realistically be hoped for. What to do about it and how to restructure your life.

Also if you could get our research-omatic, Pixie to co-moderate that one since she comes up with good stuff on the tiopic it would be cool - she doesnt use chat much.

Ed

PS. pictures ?

Edited by Doctor Phogg

A chat that diccusses difficulties in school and work due to mental health problems would be great and how to what other do to handle those stresses.

Lauren

Coping with Chronic Illness while healing would help a lot.

I like your guys suggestions :)

Coping with Chronic Illness while healing would help a lot.

Hopefully I will be able to get more organized and focused enough to do this chat in the next couple of months- keep an eye out for it! This month we have two topic chats on medical issues, I don't know if they would be on interest to you but one is "Healing and Hospitals" and the other is "Dealing with Gynecological Exams". http://pandys.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=80157

I'd suggest two different topics.

Art and music in healing

Discussing how art and music can be helpful in healing.

Survivors and education

I know there is a forum for this, but it would be a good chat topic too. There are many survivors here who are students and face obstacles in their studies because of PTSD, triggers and other survivor issues. We could discuss how to deal with triggers and other issues, and also share positive experiences related to studying. A chat related to difficulties at work could also be fine.

Emma

May I suggest something like how to deal with anxiety and panic?

well i would like to be able to talk about life after r

and how to deal with intimate situation and the stress and insecurities involved

With my anni coming up...

It would be nice to participate in a chat about: "Children concieved through rape"

I know there are a lot of brave women on this board who have carried through to term, or for a part of the journey.

How this child was created causes so much confusion and hurt. A chat about it could be a healing thing?

Love Dawn

Maybe a chat about learning to open up and talk about our experiences...

or one about thinking and caring about ourselves. I know I have a tendecy to always put anyone before myself...

residential and ip experiences please!!!

I'm hoping to hear about steps to prevent self-sabotage while healing - not so much on the heavy duty things like alcoholism, SI or ED but in the sneaky daily day to day sabotage.... The inability to keep up with financial responsibilities, keeping up on the house, etc... showing up for appointments, following up on calls..... These are issues I contend with on a daily basis which in the long haul can really challenge my self esteem/improvement and all... Facing my day and keeping the momentum is tough.

erm.. maybe you could have a gender specific chat? there are certain things both sexes deal with, but some stuff is different.. idk. this is probably a really stupid idea.

A chat for guys sounds like a good idea to me.

Could we have a chat sometime for people who were assaulted by their first romantic partner (like boyfriend, crush, etc.)? It is a little more specific than "first sexual experience as assault" as I think there are slightly different issues between people who were, for example, assaulted at a very young age by family members, versus a date-rape situation. Unless we have done a chat like this and I missed that.

erm.. maybe you could have a gender specific chat? there are certain things both sexes deal with, but some stuff is different.. idk. this is probably a really stupid idea.

That is not a stupid idea at all! I will contact our men's forum section moderator and ask if he might be willing to host a topic chat for men.

thanks.. that would be great.

chat about male/female relationships/friendships and how this is effect by abuse/assault

What about something on feelings? Are my feelings normal, has anyone else dealt with the same things??

What about a chat for people who are still coping with crisis or people who are just beginning their healing journey? I know crisis chatting is really not allowed, but perhaps if there were really specific rules about this it would be okay? And maybe a chat about coping with unsafe situations or how to reach out for help when you're in an unsafe situation??

Just a suggestion! Not sure if that's possible or allowed!

-Julia

Meeting your abuser or confronting abuser or issues with family members and abuse

fear of abandonment - unreasonably feeling abandoned by loved ones who are just living their lives

...... And maybe a chat about coping with unsafe situations or how to reach out for help when you're in an unsafe situation??

I really like this idea. Or one on how to keep yourself safe? Like coping mechanisms that are healthy that still help survivors stay safe?

How to support other survivors ie you are a survivor and a secondary survivor

What about a topic chat for survivors whose children must now also learn to be survivors (due to csa, etc), and the guilt associated with that?

Posted (edited)

Chat for those who have little to no memory of assault/csa

Chat for those who feel at fault

Trust

Edited by bell