Sign in to follow this  
wamu

enable italics/bold in chat

wamu

Before today u would be able to make things italics/bold in chat. Can that be reemabled?

Jes

Unfortunately, we have found that using different fonts, like bold and italics detracts from the chat room. Some people have difficulty reading them, especially when they are used indiscriminately, as they were, so for the time being, we have disenabled them all. Sorry :(

blondie2002

There's a few emoticons that I don't know how to make... "blowing nose", "hugs" and a few others I can remember, how do I them??

SmokeWriter2014TS

Blondie, the only smilies that may be used in chat are the ones that show when you click on the smile face emoticon button. This is to not use more bandwidth and to not cause too many problems for members that have slower connections (such as dialup). Thanks for understanding.

Shannon

Ditto to what Quinn said re: emoticons. The chat software we use specifically warns against using too many because of serious slow-downs! And when we think about it, chat isn't really about the emoticons or fonts or colors, it's about being there to talk with one another and support each other.

slinky_chix
Unfortunately, we have found that using different fonts, like bold and italics detracts from the chat room. Some people have difficulty reading them

Now that my vision is shot (only one eye and astigmatism) having bold, underline, etc. is an easy way for me to keep people apart. If all the lines look the same its too confusing with more than just two or three people in there. I can make the screen bigger... but then its still all the same... just bigger.

SmokeWriter2014TS

Slinky, a way to make it easier to read is: on the toolbar in chat you have a - and + sign... use the + sign and it keeps on increasing the text size, even to a point where it appears nice and large and bold. Hope that's helpful.

slinky_chix

Hey Quinn

Like I said, I can make the whole chat box bigger... that helps... but everyone still looks the same. Its sorta nice like in Yahoo chat were maybe I have red font, you use blue, etc. Its just easier to follow a convo with individual people easier (well at least to me).