Shannon

If chat is not working, read this

328 posts in this topic

I did intially and again right now but am still super confused.

Just wondered if others are having a problem, if chat is down or something, because I'm having trouble getting in for the first time in a longggggggggg time (I was on earlier and it worked fine).

???

nope I just tested it and I got into chat just fine... maybe it was just a blurp??

No idea what was going on last night/this morning for me- but at least it wasn't happening to everyone mingo :)

I got in now just fine so maybe it was a "blurp" of some kind. Nice word! :lol:

Hi,

I used to be able to get into chat with no problems but for the past couple of weeks I have not been able to log on. I'm getting seriously frustrated, I've tried ALL of the steps/tips that were posted and it STILL won't work...it still says "a problem has occurred while trying to load this chat room"...or something to that affect...can anyone help?

It sounds like it might be a java problem or a problem with your browser timing out or something, although I'm by no means an expert or even a pseudo-expert. You have tried updating Java? What operating system and browser are you using? Do you have another browser on your computer that you could try using chat from? Did anything change two weeks ago, like did you install a program or change your internet connection? Have you noticed any other problems (like excessive pop up ads, that things are running slowly, etc?).

One thing that seems to work for some people is installing firefox, it's another browser http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/ . I would actually suggest doing this first before trying to answer my questions, it might solve the problem AND firefox is an awesome browser.

It sounds like it might be a java problem or a problem with your browser timing out or something, although I'm by no means an expert or even a pseudo-expert. You have tried updating Java? What operating system and browser are you using? Do you have another browser on your computer that you could try using chat from? Did anything change two weeks ago, like did you install a program or change your internet connection? Have you noticed any other problems (like excessive pop up ads, that things are running slowly, etc?).

Yeah...updated Java...I use mozilla. I tried using a couple of other browsers and such to see if it would make a difference but nothing is working. :( My computer did do some updates recently so it could be that...but I'm really confused. Everything else works fine...but the Pandy's chat just doesn't come up anymore...it just gives me the same error message every time.

Thanks for the suggestions :) , I hope I can get it fixed soon...I have no idea what to do...I miss chat :(

ok- try this. With firefox open, click on tools, options, and content. Make sure you have java and javascript enabled.

I'm hitting difficulties here. I used to be able to get into chat, but trying today, no luck.

Running FireFox 3 on Ubuntu 8.04

The Java stuff was available for updating this morning, so I did (and I'm betting that that's the problem)

I followed the instructions in the OP here, but no luck.

(slight fib - if logging in through the main site I get the welcome spoken message, but that's all. The link the other chat works, so I'm not completely stuck)

Just mystified.

ok- try this. With firefox open, click on tools, options, and content. Make sure you have java and javascript enabled.

Tried that too...it still won't work. :(

Thanks for trying to help...this is so frustrating...

I might just need a new computer ;):blush:

I'm wondering if this is an issue with the newest version of java. Let me look into it.

Posted (edited)

I'm wondering if chat is down or if it's just me having problems tonight ???

Last night I updated java, I had no problem getting into chat last night or earlier today.

Now, though, I get an error (copied and pasted from the java console)-I've refreshed, I've restarted the pc, and nothing is working).

Java Plug-in 1.6.0_10

Using JRE version 1.6.0_10 Java HotSpot Client VM

User home directory = C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner

----------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------

load: class Client.class not found.

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Client.class

at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager.createApplet(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Stream closed.

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.available(Unknown Source)

at java.net.SocketInputStream.available(Unknown Source)

at java.io.BufferedInputStream.available(Unknown Source)

at sun.net.www.http.ChunkedInputStream.readAheadNonBlocking(Unknown Source)

at sun.net.www.http.ChunkedInputStream.readAhead(Unknown Source)

at sun.net.www.http.ChunkedInputStream.available(Unknown Source)

at sun.net.www.MeteredStream.available(Unknown Source)

at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.getBytes(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

... 7 more

Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Client.class

Edited by Quinn

OK--- well I was able to finally get in last night but I still don't know what that error means (or if I was the only one experiencing a problem). Main thing is, at least it's working for now...

chat was a bit laggy last night.

Quinn, I have no idea what that error means, and I'm sorry it wasn't working for you. Glad you can get in now.

Posted (edited)

i'm managing to get in, but it's not letting me type?

like, whenever i press the bar in which you type, it makes that annoying "you're not allowed" pinging noise (and no i wasn't in welcome room, i was in healing chat). the keyboard sign doesn't appear by my name either. i can however get smileys an html from clicking the boxy things to work..

er? help? i've tried deep refreshes..

eta - dunno what i did, but it's working now. odd.

Edited by silkworm

i'm managing to get in, but it's not letting me type?

like, whenever i press the bar in which you type, it makes that annoying "you're not allowed" pinging noise (and no i wasn't in welcome room, i was in healing chat). the keyboard sign doesn't appear by my name either. i can however get smileys an html from clicking the boxy things to work..

er? help? i've tried deep refreshes..

eta - dunno what i did, but it's working now. odd.

Sometimes it's java since it's java based....I'm glad it's working for you now :)

i have 8 posts but it still says invalid username

i have 8 posts but it still says invalid username

I bet I know why. It is most likely due to the special characters in your username. I will drop you a PM.

Hi I uploaded java, am on firefox etc, I eventually got to step 5 and clicked on the link.

It got me as far as entering password etc. and I thought I got it. But to no avail, has my password been phished?

Why can I still not enter chat? (Yes I have posted 5 times.)

sorry....... just to be clear, I am still getting the following message:

wobbly

Error connecting to server. Please try again in a few minutes.

Seriously, I have done what was asked in the thread...........updated java,

correct browser, cleared cache, wiped memory.... need I go further?

Oh the irony... :shy:

wobbly, I'm not sure - I am going to look into it!

Edited to add: this is probably incredibly unhelpful, but tech support says that (especially if you're using Vista) you need to update java. Which you said you've already done. So I apologize for being irritating, but...you updated to the most recent version of java? This url will validate that you have the newest version: http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

I am using xp home but yes I have updated java to the latest..

Thanks for responding

ok, I decided to click on the link anyway and it confirmed that yes I do have the latest java installed.

Tried again,

Same message as before,

"error connecting to server. Please try again in a few minutes."

Unfortunately, because this is an end-user issue, the only answer tech support has is to update java, clear cookies and cache, and/or switch browsers. Have you tried to use a different browser than your typical one? (Firefox tends to work best, but sometimes IE works when Firefox doesn't).