Shannon

If chat is not working, read this

328 posts in this topic

((((See))))

Chat is a great place, sometimes people get distracted with real life issues and step away from their computer. Do try it again. If it seems no one is there you can type *beep* and it might get some peoples attention.

Hey,

Ok I think I might of said this somewhere else before or it might be answered somewhere else in this forum but I thought I would post here. Anyways I have posted 5 times :) and I'm on college computers and everytime I go to get into chat I get the message:

"Error connecting to server. Please try again in a few minutes".

The Java loads up and the chat window says "loading" but everytime I try to get into chat while on college compters I get the same message.

Got a feeling this might be to do with the college network and them blocking chat rooms but still if anyone chat help (if there is a way to help) then I would be so grateful.

Thanks

Tawny

x

My schools computers did that too- I think it's just because they block chat programs or something.

:glare: Ok thats what I thought, that sucks

i have done everything except get rid on INTERNET explorer is that a necessity if so how do i get another browser?

i have done everything except get rid on INTERNET explorer is that a necessity if so how do i get another browser?

What type of error are you getting when you try to log on? You shouldn't HAVE to change browsers.

i get invalid username/password i have posted like ten times

Welcome, <ghost>-I'm sorry you're having trouble getting into chat. Since you have more than 5 posts, check the Chat forum. There are some topics that might help:

this one: http://pandys.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=17034

or, if you have Vista- there is one to help with that too: http://pandys.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=57611

If you continue having problems, post again, and if you get an error copy and paste it here so someone can try to offer more detailed assistance.

Quinn

Hi,

I tried all the steps in ur thread but i still can't connect :

(5) If the above doesn't work, please post here with the following details:

• Confirm that you've completed the above steps - this is very important! Also try running chat in a different browser. I followed all the steps and tried a different browser
  • Can you access chat using this link? http://client0.addonchat.com/sc.php?id=80092.com No
  • Operating System (OSX, Windows XP, etc) XP
  • Browser Type AND version (found under the Help Menu, About Internet Explorer/Firefox/Etc) IE v7
  • Any error message you're receiving as well as a description or screen shot from when you try to access chat. Error connecting to server. Try again in a few minutes

Hopefully we'll get everyone in chat who wants to be there! Thanks for your assistance.

Broken, are you logging on from school or work, or are you logging on from home?

Hi Celtic,

I am logging on from home on my laptop

ok. I'm not sure what is causing the problem, I'm not that techy, have you tried downloading firefox? http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/ some people have good luck with it when they had problems logging in with IE.

We sorted this out! For future reference, the chat room was not recognizing the < and > in ghost's former username (<ghost>). Removing those should fix the problem :)

We sorted this out! For future reference, the chat room was not recognizing the < and > in ghost's former username (<ghost>). Removing those should fix the problem :)

Ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh that makes sense! I'm so glad it was sorted out. Thanks for the info, too, Shannon.

I was having a glitch last night, where I could get into the "welcome" area but then wasn't able to get to either of the chat rooms. I don't recall a specific error, I just clicked on a room name as always and was kicked back to the main pandys page. There wasn't anything I was doing differently than always, and there wasn't an error message that I recall. It might have just been my java hiccupping (?)- it seems to have been acting strangely in other realms the past two days, as well. I'll post if it happens again.

ok. I'm not sure what is causing the problem, I'm not that techy, have you tried downloading firefox? http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/ some people have good luck with it when they had problems logging in with IE.

i tried mozilla and i'm still unable to log in. I get the same message for both (IE & Mozilla); "Error in connection. Please try again in a few minutes"

Hi,

I tried all the steps in ur thread but i still can't connect :

(5) If the above doesn't work, please post here with the following details:

• Confirm that you've completed the above steps - this is very important! Also try running chat in a different browser. I followed all the steps and tried a different browser
  • Can you access chat using this link? http://client0.addonchat.com/sc.php?id=80092.com No
  • Operating System (OSX, Windows XP, etc) XP
  • Browser Type AND version (found under the Help Menu, About Internet Explorer/Firefox/Etc) IE v7
  • Any error message you're receiving as well as a description or screen shot from when you try to access chat. Error connecting to server. Try again in a few minutes

Hopefully we'll get everyone in chat who wants to be there! Thanks for your assistance.

i'm finally able to access my chat; my isp had a firewall on my connection so i had to call and ask them to remove it.

Glad you are in :)

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if there is generally someone in chat or not. I have gone there several times and it appears to log me in but no one is ever in there. I was just curious if I need to check my pc or if maybe there really is no on in there.

Chickpea - It really depends on the time of the day. The evenings are generally busier. However, you will find that if you log in there and hang around, it won't be long before someone comes along. When you get into the welcome room, click on the General Room or the Healing Room. It usually is fairly active. Or come along to one of the moderated chats? Hope to see you soon :)

Thanks, I will give that a try.

I get something about a moderator has to be in the room

I got in someone was there but would not or could not chat with me

monsterunderthebed, I think that you haven't left the Welcome lobby area. Once you are logged on, you have to select a chat room. You can enter either the General room or Healing room (or, if one is going on, the Topic Chat room). Off-topic chatter is allowed in the general room, and the healing room is for healing topics only. To enter one of those rooms, just double-click on its name in the right-hand menu.

I think the reason you got the moderator message is because chatting isn't enabled in the Welcome room because it functions only as a lobby while you select a room, not a chat area.

Let me preface this by saying I know nothing about computers.

I have a macbook and am using Safari and I cannot get into the chat. I know that mac already has pre-installed java but how do I access it and do I still need to download updated versions?

Frailty....have a look at this which may help.