Guest Em

Suggestions and Questions

108 posts in this topic

i'm just wondering about the scheduled chats..

how do we know when there will be one taking place and the topic?

do we get a pm or something?

Hi poet :)

Each month we post a thread in this forum that lists the topic chats....So keep an eye out for April! On the right hand side of your Pandy's screen after you log in, they're listed in a panel, also, unless you have that disabled. It will list the topic, date, and time (with time zone). Any one is welcome if you're interested in the topic! They normally last around an hour.

You can suggest topics for future chats here in this thread: http://pandys.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=79712

Take care,

Lyndsie

I have been able to use the chat for a while and now all of the sudden it is telling me I don't have access to the chat room...any suggestions?

I have been able to use the chat for a while and now all of the sudden it is telling me I don't have access to the chat room...any suggestions?

Hey redrose14, there have been changes to the chat room so you might want to read this thread: Revised Chat Guidelines, and it will explain what you need to do to access chat :)

hope that helps! take care.

is there a way to allow cut and paste into chat? or why is cut and paste not allowed in chat?

mgdaisy I'm not great at tech stuf but I think it's the chat room itself that doesn' allow certain computer to do it. I know some people who can copy and paste but I can't :( Is there a reason you want to copy and paste in the chat room

All these new chat rules are scarring me off of it. I know it gets abused from time to time but it is not a more friendly place with all the rules, warnings and such

Hi likestochat,

I'm sorry that you're so anxious about the rules and guidelines we have here. Unfortunately, we've found that these rules and guidelines are necessary to keep our members at Pandys safe and we have no other option. I hope that, in time, you'll come to find Pandys a friendly place even with the guidelines in place.

Take good care.

Katy x

hi likestochat

As katy has already said the rules have to be there for the protection of all our chatters. I understand that you might be a little nervous about entering the chat room but I do hope you will give it a try. Many of our chatters receive a great deal of support from the chat room. If you have any questions or concerns about the chat room I hope you will contact the chat mods and we will do our best to answer you.

Sasha

question... whats the rule for DID... if the original hasn't been out for over 10 years? Does that mean a person cannot go in the chat at all, if they have been running as mostly a particular alter for a long time? Or is the one thats usually out considered the host?

This is a question/suggestion.

I wondered if there might be a Halloween evening/night chat, or some mods around more on Halloween night maybe? I realize there is a topic chat for that evening on Ritual Abuse, but I don't even mean there needs to be a set topic chat, I just know it can be a difficult and often triggering time for people, or when some of us may want the company of others to chat with but also be able to have that added sense of chat mods around while feeling lonely/scared/upset and so forth.

Thanks for considering this. :)

We're having a topic chat tonight, and it's...not showing up? A little confused.

Hi SilentArcher,

If you were looking for the night time struggles chat that was hosted last night at 7pm EST/12am GMT. I'm sorry that you missed it, a recap will be posted up soon.

Hayley

x

Can there possibly a chat topic for DID? It would really be nice if this could be a topic. Maybe it would be a time where others with DID have an opportunity to feel safe and not worry about triggering anyone. A time when we can just ask questions or learn from each other how they cope with DID, without having to worry if it will mess with anyone else.

A big thank you for doing something to the formatting I recently noticed.

Thank you so much for removing the list of who's in chat from the main page, it always was slightly disconcerting knowing that people who weren't members could see who's in chat from the main page.

Wonderful change, thanks (though it took me a while to work out at first lol I thought noone came to chat anymore, only to drop in and find it as active as ever)

:thumbsup:

I noticed you can't use the word "scrape" in the chat, it gets censored. :unsure:

Just to do with the time differences - the topic chat on 'Journalling' seems to have the wrong time for the UK:

Journaling

22nd May 9am EST/1p GMT/9p Western Aus

9am EST is actually 2pm in the UK. Which I only realised when I logged into chat at 1pm and realised that the TC wasn't happening, then went back and re-checked the times and realised it should say 2pm UK. It's not a huge deal, just might cause confusion for any UK members who don't realise!

Sorry for the mix up! I think it was a typo.

It's ok, it happens

I dont think it is fair that the other chat rooms are closed when there is a guest chat. i personally do not want to participate in guest chats. i dont see why you cant leave one of the other rooms open for people that just want to support each other. VL

Visual_Lee I pretty sure it is because it would limit the number of people that could attend the guest chat to 25 ...

If both rooms get closed it can go to 50.

I find it is nice to be able to make the most of a guest,lead chat.

Hi Visual,

1249 is correct! A lot of members enjoy the guest speaker chats so we close both chat rooms to accommodate 50 people. The rooms are only closed for the duration of the guest speaker chat which averages just over an hour, then both rooms reopen. :)

Take care,

Susan

Hi Visual,

1249 is correct! A lot of members enjoy the guest speaker chats so we close both chat rooms to accommodate 50 people. The rooms are only closed for the duration of the guest speaker chat which averages just over an hour, then both rooms reopen. :)

Take care,

Susan

Exactly. Our software only accommodates so many users at once, so because we want to be able to make the best out of the speaker chats, we have to close the rooms so we can provide the room, literally, for all members up to 50.

Please feel free to make any non-technical suggestions or complaints here. Please make sure you read the frequently asked questions before asking any questions. Your question may already have been asked.

Hi

I still cant find how to let someone know that I would like to be able to be in chat. I need step by step instructions from the main page. Please

I have looked etc. still cant find it

Judith

So this may be an odd question but...what do you do if you find another chatter's name triggery? I've had this come up and I'm not sure how to handle it.