Guest Em

Suggestions and Questions

108 posts in this topic

Please feel free to make any non-technical suggestions or complaints here. Please make sure you read the frequently asked questions before asking any questions. Your question may already have been asked.

Suggestion:

How about starting a new topic called 'What's chat like?'

There must some people who want to chat, but feel a little shy about what will happen once they get there.

It might be nice for some of us who chat to mention the good things we get - like how everyone welcomes you as soon as you're in - so that we can give a little courage to those who need maybe a little more encouragement to take the step into chat.

Just a thought. :D

1 person likes this

It's hard to say what chat is like, because it all depends who's there, what sort of mood we're all in, etc.  I think for me the best thing about chat is having a way to get other people's perspectives and being able to talk things out and explore many angles of one issue.  But chat certainly isn't always focused on a survivor issue.  (Well, we do talk about chocolate alot....)

xxoo

Laney

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Just a small suggestion: what do people think about setting the chat link so chat opens in a new window? I know that's how it was before the board upgrade, and I prefered it that way.

Sav

P.S - I hope I'm posting this in the right place/ forum/ thread ;)

Edited by Sav

Thanks.

I know how to make a link open in a new window, but I liked how it happened automatically.

Shaaaannon? ;)

one question on the profanity filter...is there a way that you can just edit the last message instead of retyping all again because of one word? I ALWAYS forget which words don't go through especially when I'm talking a lot so taht would be a plus...if it's possible tho I don't see how that would work, but maybe you guys could work one more miracle :)

art

art,

You can use the up arrow and down arrows to scroll through what you have previously typed. When you arrive at the line that you want to modify, you can then use the left and right arrow keys to move to the words that you want to change. Once you have edited the line, simply hit the "enter" or "carriage return" key.

survivor

Posted (edited)

Question...

the other night I clicked on chat and I went right in. but now its asking me for a password. I tried my password, adn I tried no password.. I looked where the old password was pinned .. and I am still not chatting. :(

the error says "Invalid user name or password"

help please?

Edited by mingo

Mingo,

Were you logged onto the board when you clicked on the chat link? If you were it should have taken you straight in. Otherwise it will ask you for your board name and your board password. If it's giving you the "invalid name or password" my guess is that you are entering one of them incorrectly?

Cathy

Posted (edited)

I was logged in at the time

edit to say I tried again and got in this time

Edited by mingo

Mingo:

I've had thism problem when I try to chat with mozilla, not on internet explorer. Don't know if that's just coincidence or if it is related

art

It's just a coincidence, Art. I just tried to get in using both, and it won't let me in. And I KNOW I'm not banned. hahahaha. We'll work on this, really! Thanks for patience everyone!

Cathy

Posted (edited)

Cathy you're once again right...got in with mozilla now :)

Oh, and survivor, thanks for the tip...now if everything was that easy :)

art

Edited by Artemis

i'm confused, how do you get into chat?

You press the button at the top of the page that says "chat". It takes a minute or so to load. If you have problems let me know.

Katy x

A suggestion? Could we add a chat room for non-triggering things? i notice a lot of people hop from room to room looking for a safe non-triggering place, often there are intense conversations going on in both rooms....

Just a thought

taz

Hi Taz.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Unfortunately, at this time, its really not possible to add a third chat room. I know it can be hard when there are intense conversations going on in both rooms, but in my experience, conversations tend to move on quite quickly. I would suggest that if you are finding a conversation triggering that you log out for a short while - and hopefully when you return the conversation should have moved on.

Katy x

I was wondering if Angela Shelton was ever a guest speaker in Chat?

I think that would be a FANTASTIC idea!!

Just saying

I was wondering if Angela Shelton was ever a guest speaker in Chat?

I think that would be a FANTASTIC idea!!

Just saying

We did have Angela Shelton as a guest speaker in chat :) If you want to read the transcript of the chat you can find it right at the link below!

Angela Shelton Chat Transcript

Dang!! I missed it :(:dohdoh:

Wait does Lundy Buncroft do talks/has she been here before (THINK that name is right haha). I know she wrote a book called "Why Does He Do That?" that's supposed to be incredible. So maybe a chat with her involved relationship violence/why it's hard to see the ab*sive patterns in a partner? What they are? etc.

Just an idea :P

OH! I feel silly now :P >.<

(That's that memory bit kicking in again hehe)

But I'll think some more!

No need to feel silly, I only found out yesteday that you can have 2 blogs here on pandys, which is a big help as I can split up my real life from my fictional works :shy:

i'm just wondering about the scheduled chats..

how do we know when there will be one taking place and the topic?

do we get a pm or something?