Who Are We?

Guest silent to long

Hi it's Kora

I am in my teens have strawberry blond hair.5'2,80pounds.

I have two half sisters and two half stepsisters (i donno its messed) lol

I love the internet and music. My dad is the manager of a large company (buisnes trips) and my mom is manager(or smething i don't pay attention) to somewhere else.

I hate ppl who think they know me and love ppl that remember to call or write when they say they will. I have a passion for acting and I have been in lotz of productons!! My sister is currently working in a movie!!

Oh and I am Canadien!!

*Kora*

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Laney

• Jes

• hilary

• Trinity

Top Posters In This Topic

hi all,  i'm in a good mood right now, for a change, so i thought i'd give this a go.

i'm 22, but i turn 23 on january 18th.  i'll be graduating from college in june with a bach degree in art with an emphasis on painting.  if i ever go back to school i'll get a degree in natual science.  i love science, but i hate the math that is required.  i live on the central coast of california.  back home, in northern cali, my family has lots of wonderful pets, but here i have a part time cat.  she belongs to my landlady.  i live in a little unit built in the back yard of a house in a nice neighborhood, and the kitty likes to hang out here.  probably because i feed her ;).  she's petite, but rotund in the middle, and black with a little white spot on her belly.  she in no way replaces my kitty-boy back home.  he's black and white, and his name is martin.  he's about 11.  i love him sooooooo much it's ridiculous.

i love to go to the movies.  i love to read.  some of my favorite authors are anne tyler, john irving, and barabara kingsolver.  i have a hard time getting my reading done for classes, tho.  i hate writing papers.  i love to paint, and do black and white photography.  lately i've been photographing roadkill, mostly deer, and painting from the photos.  sounds morbid, i know.  i can't explain what draws me to it.  my family and friends just find it weird.  

in the yard, my landlady keeps 2 ducks and 5 hens.  i get fresh eggs whenever i want.  some of the hens like to be pet.  i have a clawfoot bathtub in my bedroom (my whole house consists of 2 rooms) and the shower is out in the yard.  one of the ducks likes to shower with me.  it's nice to be nekkid outdoors, but a little chilly this time of year.

i have few friends.  i'm kind of a loner, but i do need my friends very much.  i'm currently trying to work up the courage to get a therapist.  every day, my friends ask, did you call a therapist today?  i'm taking paxil, which keeps my moods kind of level, but i have no libido, and that bugs me.

i had a wonderful boyfriend for 2 and 1/2 years, but he broke up with me a little over a month ago, and i've been really depressed over that.  we're going to remain friends, which is good because he's been my best friend and i couldn't live without him.  but still, i cry everyday because i miss him.  

i love to hike and do yoga.  i'm 5'5" or so, 125 lbs.  i have shoulder length brown hair that i dye auburn, and dark green eyes.  i absolutely hate when people spell my name with 2 L's.  my favorite musician is tom waits, but i also love tori amos, billie holiday, u2, bjork, madonna, pink floyd, jimi hendrix, santana, the doors, fiona apple, billy joel, greatful dead, george winston, kate wolf, elliott smith, sergio mendez and brazil 66, the chieftains, bob marley, vivaldi, and martyn bennett, just to name a few :).  

i love bath products, and have an obsession with facial moisturizers.  i love candles; i'm i pyromaniac like my dad.  i'm scared to death of the future, and have no idea what i want to do with my life.  i do want to get married someday and have two children.  i can't imagine living anywhere but california, but i'm afraid i may never be able to afford it.  i haven't exactly picked a well-paying proffession as an artist.

i love rain, but i also like sunny days.  i love the beach, especially when i bring a dog or two.  my two favorite gifts this last christmas were an easel and binoculars.  i rarely wear skirts.  i love to wear scarves.  i can be very goofy.  i'm not a neat freak, but i don't like being dirty, or having a dirty house.  i don't kill spiders, i take them outside.  i hate ants with a passion.  i'm ok at keeping plants alive.  i love coffee and tea.  i'm a fan of the teachings of jesus and the buddha, but don't follow any religion.  i'm sensitive.  i try to be good and kind to everyone.  i never want to hurt people.  i love vanilla scented lotions.

ok i'll stop, this is getting ridiculously long.

thanks mistral

*hugs* everyone

hilary

p.s.  IS THE GLASS HALF EMPTY OR HALF FULL?

- it depends.  what's in the glass?  is it tasty?

(Edited by hilary at 8:50 pm on Jan. 29, 2002)

well let me try this, i've never been good at telling who  iam..

im 23 and i live in west virginia in the country beside a  huge forest where i love to go and watch the deer and any otherlittle creatures that are there..

i live with my parents and 5 cats, one is mine though, she is pure white with a blue eye and a green eye she can be weird sometimes her name is little one, we have a hymalayan named booger thats my dad's cat, and spoiled rotten she is, then we have a calico cat named lilly she is a demon, mean mean mean, and my moms favorite he is gray and huge well he looks blue his name is bud but i call him floppy cause when you touch him he just flops on the floor :)

and we have a siamse well half, his name is jonsy and he stays outside and is very old..

and i also have a cat at my aunts, he is orange and fluffy and his name is trolly rolly polly ollie :) named him myself, trolly for short and he loves me and only me!

and i have a dog named treznor he is my baby and a wonderful friend and i cant even find any words to explain how amazing he is.

oh and i cannot forget my guinea pig oliver, he is white with a black ear and a pink ear and a black spot over his eye and one black hair on his back :) he is fun forever.

well i could talk of my animals all day long. guess i can talk about them a little better than myself..

but i'll try me,

i hate winter i jsut found out today i hate sunny winter days brings back bad memories of some sort.

but i love drizzly dark winter days stayed out all day in one the other day. me and my dog tracked some deer and we found them, three of them, they saw my dog moving but my dog had his nose stuck to the ground thats why he never finds anything, but i scared them off by one of those sudden uncontrolable coughs, but it was fun..

i like to grow flowers and vegetables, im still learning though, its only been 2 yrs since i found i loved growing things.. and i do love it...

i love horses well i love all animals, here we go again, lol.

i have a brother he is older than me and we dont talk, he stopped talking to me when i was 12 and my parents put me in a mental institution, guess he thought i was crazy.

i miss him very much, i would love to know who he is now. he comes home to visit every week well he just lives up the road, but he is married and they have a little girl..

and sometimes i cry when i think of how much i miss my big brother..

i dont know what else to say right now, sorry.

I thought this might be fun, so here goes.

As is shown, my screen name is Persphone, my real name is Melissa, though most of my close friends call me Mel, and have since highschool.

I just turned 26 in November. (sometimes my birthday falls on election Tuesday, so that makes for a helluva birthday party - hee hee)

I don't even know how much I weigh.  I try not to weigh myself, and I tell myself that muscle weighs more than fat anyway.;)  I am 5'6" and my haircolor changes with my mood most of the time, at any given time it can be any color.  (right now, it's black wtih pink streaks until I get bored.)

My favorite color is black, most of my wardrobe is black, and I rarely wear pants.  I usually wear long skirts.  I own one pair of blue jeans, and I never wear them unless I have a sloppy job to do or I absolutely have nothing else to wear.  I own one sweatshirt which I have becuse it is from my highschool and I kept it for sentimental reasons.  I can't remember ever owning a pair of sweatpants.

I'm married.  Actually my anniversary (first) is coming up January 21.  We eloped for our wedding and caused quite a stir doing that.  It was fun.:)

I'm currently in college. I'm an English major.  I don't work, just study and (try to) get good grades.

I love to read, I LOVE to play the piano, flute and guitar and any other musical instrument I can manage to gain acces to, at least to learn...I lift wieghts and excersise when I am motivated enough.  I like to write when my creativity allows - which doesn't seem to be too often these days.  I like to learn all kinds of new things.  I'm on the Internet a lot for this purpose.

I have two cats and a rat as pets.  My cat Scout is a female, she is black and white; my cat Nicodemus is male, he is black.  He is FAT because he loves to eat.  

I just got a rat (male) named Templeton.  (My husband has a male rat named Mooka as well.)  All my pets are named after literary characters of some sort.

My favorite musical artist is (by far) Tori Amos.  She's one of my personal heroes.  My musical taste is eclectic, it encompasses almost all kinds except Country-Western.  I despise Country-Western, and I don't even consider it real music.  I would sooner listen to POLKA.

One thing I am most proud of is: I can change the oil in my car by myself, as well as diagnose (and fix) minor car problems.  I never do it, of course (that's what I keep a husband around for) but I like the fact that I can be self-sufficient in that area.

That's me in a nutshell.

Peace,

persephone

Hiya all! :)

I am going to steal Trinity's layout. :biggrin:

AGE: 16 (17 in a few days) 5'5, short brown hair, blue eyes, computer tan (heheheh; very white)

1.LIVING ARRANGEMENT

Wit Mah ma an mah pa.

2.WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?

"Guenevere" - Rosalind Miles.

3.WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?

Kyle from South Park saying "You Bastards!" :biggrin:

4.FAVORITE BOARD GAME?

Monopoly, Run yourself ragged (heard of that one?)

5.FAVORITE MAGAZINE?

Anything spiritual (Yoga, Golden age etc)

6.FAVORITE SMELLS?

Rain, the night, Obsession perfume :)

7.LEAST FAVORITE SMELLS?

Stagnant water. (ick) em. hm. 'guy' smells. y'know.

8.FAVORITE SOUND?

Silence. Alone-time.

9.WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD?

That would be...realizing that there IS such a thing as ####. (sure glad i havent had THAT feeling)

10.WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING?

####. It's only midday. :biggrin:

11.FAVORITE COLOR?

Sky blue or YELLOW

12.HOW MANY RINGS BEFORE YOU ANSWER THE PHONE?

It goes: Ring-ring, ring-ring, RI...

13.FUTURE CHILD'S NAME?

Sahara for a girl, Grail for a boy.

14.WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT IN LIFE?

Learning/love.

15.FAVORITE FOODS?

Mudcake, In-A-Biskits.

16.CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA?

chocolate

17.DO YOU LIKE TO DRIVE FAST?

Yes. Yes I do. but I don't have a car.

18.DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL?

Shhh.... (lol. jk)

19.STORMS - COOL OR SCARY?

COOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL

20.WHAT TYPE WAS YOUR FIRST CAR?

Imaginary

21.IF YOU COULD MEET ONE PERSON DEAD OR ALIVE?

Tori Amos/Jesus

22.FAVORITE ALCOHOLIC DRINK?

Stolichnia (or however ya spell it)

23.WHAT IS YOUR ZODIAC SIGN?

Very, very Aquarius. (& year of the rat)

24.DO YOU EAT THE STEMS OF BROCCOLI?

No.

25.IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB YOU WANTED, WHAT WOULD IT BE?

Prime minister of Australia. (uh-oh, says Australia...)

26.IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY COLOUR?

Red like Tori's!

27.EVER BEEN IN LOVE?

Yes. Just once.

28.IS THE GLASS HALF EMPTY OR HALF FULL?

There is no glass.... (it's a philosophical thang)

29.FAVORITE MOVIES?

What dreams may come, the Matrix, American beauty, The Addiction

30.DO YOU TYPE WITH YOUR FINGERS ON THE RIGHT KEYS?

Probably not

31.WHAT'S UNDER YOU BED?

I don't have a bed. I sleep on a mattress.

32.WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE NUMBER?

33.FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH?

Diving

34. FAVORITE MUSICAL ARTISTS?

Tori Amos, Leah Andreone, Sinead O'connor, Alanis Morissette, Live, Joan Osborne, Collective Soul, The Cranberries, Marilyn Manson, Jewel, Silverchair (uh oh. don't get me started!)

35.FAVORITE TV SHOWS?

Just shoot me, Front up, the Simpsons, South Park.

36.FAVORITE CITY?

Fremantle! (in australia)

37.NAME OF FIRST PET?

Annie (a dog. we still have her. she is very, very old.)

38.FAVORITE SONG?

atm? "Problem child", Leah Andreone

39. FAVORITE ACTOR (male & female)

Male = haven't decided. Female = Angelina Jolie. (mmm...she is EDIBLE. lol)

Stealing a format here.....

AGE: 23, 5'7.5", 180 lbs of beefcake (ha ha- i'm a lil buff-ish), size 9, Natural strawberry blonde hair that I dye darker red to cover young gray, blue grey eyes and freckles... so Irish, it hurts.

1.LIVING ARRANGEMENT

Apartment in Soulard (cool French district) that I never sleep in.  I stay with my boy Eddie

"Lady of Avalon"- Bradley (again)

The Green Flag- a history of Irish Nationalism

Bank of America Logo

4.FAVORITE BOARD GAME?

Elixr

5.FAVORITE MAGAZINE?

Architectural Digest, Jane

6.FAVORITE SMELLS?

cedar or pine.  outdoors.  clean air...  lilies

7.LEAST FAVORITE SMELLS?

kitty breath... sweaty socks

8.FAVORITE SOUND?

Jeff Buckley's sweet sweet voice... Bodran drums and Fiddle

SI or eating disorder, knowing that I'm f*cking up and not stopping

need to feed the kitty

11.FAVORITE COLOR?

blue-gray and deep greens

I don't answer the phone

13.FUTURE CHILD'S NAME?

Roma Rose (After my grandmothers)

Arthur Tucker (After great Grandaddy)

True trust and respect,  Strength.  making it day to day with my own 2 hands

15.FAVORITE FOODS?

mmmmmm hot wings......

16.CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA?

STRAWBERRY!!!!!!  darnit.

depends onthe vehicle...  but yeah

yes... LIL Mikey from Monster;s Inc

amazing, love rain on my tummy

ford ranger, blue

the live one.  the dead one would be icky

Constance Markievisze

Guinness with a shot of blackberry schnapps, Welsh Brains Beer.  Killians' Red

Aries and PROUD!!!!

yep yep

park ranger and professor... maybe camp counsellor

red red red

27.EVER BEEN IN LOVE?

yeah

broken on the floor after a brawl

29.FAVORITE MOVIES?

Braveheart... ALLL Pixar... Last Unicorn, All Muppets...

No

31.WHAT'S UNDER YOU BED?

kitty

BLUES HOCKEY, BABY!!!!!!!

Jeff Buckley, John Bartley, Elvis Costello, Tori, graham parker, barenaked ladies, hole, concrete blonde

35.FAVORITE TV SHOWS?

simpsons, x-files, Xena

36.FAVORITE CITY?

memphis

37.NAME OF FIRST PET?

First???  

Jesus.  the cat.  dad named him.  my dad's nutty, i love that man

38.FAVORITE SONG?

Concrete Blonde- Joey

Kevin Spacy, Anthony Hopkins, Ian Mckellan, Elijah Wood

Jodie Foster, Drew Barrymore, Angelina Jolie... aahhhhh

This is catering to my ego.....

Lessee... got my BA in Art History from Webster U.  Animal enthusiast, RAINN volunteer.  

Am currently a minion of satan (i work for bank of america)

am easily one of the loopiest people i know and i am proud of my goofiness...

no kids, 2 cats and my boy eddie who wants to marry me someday... the fool :)

Um, yeah, I have REALLY enjoyed reading about everyone in this thread!!! It gives a bigger decibel to all these voices!!!!  

I love all of you guys!!!

I want to read more!!!!

C'mon, someone, please, write about yourself!!!!!!

Stealing a format here.....

My name is Melanie. I am currently a support worker for Mencap and am studying for a diploma in Pyschotherapy.

1.LIVING ARRANGEMENT

Live with my boyfriend Richard

The Portent by James Herbert

Winnie the pooh and tigger, Richard bought it for me

4.FAVORITE BOARD GAME?

Scrabble

5.FAVORITE MAGAZINE?

Elle and More!

6.FAVORITE SMELLS?

CHOCOLATE, spangle perfum by miss selfridge and Richard's aftershave

7.LEAST FAVORITE SMELLS?

bleach it triggers me

8.FAVORITE SOUND?

hearing Richard tell me he loves me

after S.I, the pain in my heart when i remember my babies

Need cuppa tea

11.FAVORITE COLOR?

Purple

about six

13.FUTURE CHILD'S NAME?

her name was Laura May after my mother

Trusting myself and other people because I never thought I would be able too. I credit myself and Richard for crossing that boundry

15.FAVORITE FOODS?

Chocolate ( not choc ice cream though thats horrible) and chicken

16.CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA?

Summer fruits or strawberry actually!!!!!.

yeah which is why i dont have a driving license!

Not anymore Richard is my cuddly toy nowadays

I used to run around the garden when it rained i think that disturbed my parents a little

An Uno it was crap the door fell off!

my grandad

Taboo and lemonade

Leo

of course how else will i get big and strong

Prime Minister of Great Britian i'd shake things up abit!!!

My hair has been every colour you can imagine, purple, blue, red etc  

27.EVER BEEN IN LOVE?

am right now and have been for over three years and its still amazing

Depends on wether its got alcohol in it or not

29.FAVORITE MOVIES?

Never been kissed. Harry Potter. Lord of the Rings

No

31.WHAT'S UNDER YOU BED?

Rubbish and ashtrays

Football, Sunderland rock!!!!

Alanis Morrisette, Nirvana, Embrace, Travis

35.FAVORITE TV SHOWS?

Friends and ER

36.FAVORITE CITY?

York its so beautiful

37.NAME OF FIRST PET?

Bangers and Mash (gold fish)

38.FAVORITE SONG?

My weakness is none of your buisness by Embrace

Tom Hanks, Ben Affleck, Drew Barrymore  

(Edited by mellstew at 11:48 pm on Jan. 18, 2002)

ok, im new here and wasnt really sure where to start but this seems like the most logical place. im also stealing the format to save all of you from my rambling. :)

Name: Carrie

1.LIVING ARRANGEMENT

just moved into an apt by myself in a small town in missouri. a little scary yet comforting at the same time.

whatever books my professors tell me to read. i'm a juvenile justice major.  

the university of missouri football field. cheesy, i know.  

4.FAVORITE BOARD GAME?

trivial pursuit or taboo.

5.FAVORITE MAGAZINE?

cant say that i really have any.

6.FAVORITE SMELLS?

spring days and anything thats baking.  

7.LEAST FAVORITE SMELLS?

drakkar cologne, definite trigger.

8.FAVORITE SOUND?

the sound of thunderstorms and falling rain.  

feeling like im failing myself.  

not already!

11.FAVORITE COLOR?

light blue and lavender.

usually two.

13.FUTURE CHILD'S NAME?

i have no idea... try not to think that far ahead. :)  

spending time with those that i truly care about because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

15.FAVORITE FOODS?

anything my grandma makes and sushi.

16.CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA?

vanilla, definitely.

i do like to but sadly enough i dont for fear of getting caught. :)

yes, a stuffed tiger. he listens really well. :)

my favorite things in the world.

a little saturn. still have her and love her to death!

theres no way i could narrow it down to just one! maybe ghandi.

vodka with cranberry juice or bud light.

aries!

actually i only eat the stems.

to stay at home and play with little kids all day.

ive only dyed my hair a couple times, and when i do i just add some auburn highlights to already brown hair. pretty crazy, huh? :)

27.EVER BEEN IN LOVE?

yes, once, and am trying to keep it from happening again, but its just not working.

definitely depends on the day.

29.FAVORITE MOVIES?

a few good men, 28 days, field of dreams.

sadly enough, yes.

31.WHAT'S UNDER YOU BED?

nothing actually. i dont deal well with clutter. :)  

st louis cardinal baseball or any university of missouri sport.

martina mcbride, barenaked ladies, nsync (<-- yes, you can go ahead and make fun of me, most people do) :), and keith urban.

35.FAVORITE TV SHOWS?

friends and jag.  

36.FAVORITE CITY?

washington dc.  

37.NAME OF FIRST PET?

tigger, the dog i rode like a horse everywhere i went when i was little. :)

38.FAVORITE SONG?

call and answer by barenaked ladies and somewhere, someday by nsync.

ben affleck and sandra bullock.

well, there it all is. hopefully it didnt bore you too badly. :)

Carrie    

Just cutting and pasting this info from when it was under my old  nick Rachel Pike:

Hi people

I am a (sometimes weary but always grateful) warrior woman with a history of chronic physical and sexual abuse. But does it define me in entirety? No.

Ummm.....let's see

Birthdate: 3/9/66....soon to be 35

I am about 5"7, I have very long black hair that I like to imagine gives me a very "Xena" look. I spent big money on dyes to banish the ever multiplying grey hairs; "grow old gracefully" is not in my lexicography. My eyes are big and dark brown, I think they're my best feature.

Don't know how much I weigh, but I haven't got a super model's body--don't care though, I like my curves and after five wonderful children, I think my body has done a superb job and can be whatever shape it wants.

My husband has no complaints whatsoever and neither have the occasional heads I still manage to turn.

I'm crazy about books and music. Reading about mythology makes me dizzy with delight. My favourite classical novel is "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"--unparalelled beauty! I love Toni Morrisson, John Irving, Patrick McCabe, Roddy Doyle......shouldn't have started this; all these wonderful authors are jockeying for a mention....and I still get the same pleasure from "Anne of Green Gables" as I did when I was eight. Love Shakespeare, too.

Wildly schizophrenic musical tastes veer from Vivaldi to Nirvana--Enya, the Pogues, World Music (love music of other cultures!) ABBA (guilty pleasure--they're fun) I really have got a bit of everything.

I love my Celtic and Danish heritage.

I think my greatest passion is fighting for social justice, be that women and rape or dictators and minorities. I work for refugees, and I've come to know and love some amazing

people.

I am an eloquent speaker and writer. I am usually kind, but sometimes my passionate nature means that I run off at the mouth too quickly and need to say sorry later.

I struggle with confidence. I am quick to anger and I can have a foul mouth. I get especially ugly when  my motives are bashed without a fair go. I dislike arrogance and deliberate malice. Can't stand people who twaddle on ignorantly about things they've got no idea about and expect it to be taken as gospel. Love people with the humility to say "I don't know". Loathe cooking.

Christina Noble is one of my greatest inspirations (Bridge Across my Sorrows"; "Mama Tina"--what a person can do out of an appalling history--can't even think of this lady without being called to be a better person).

I love the Dalai Lama--I base my spirituality on what he calls the "Bhoddisatva Ideal"--The practice of compassion with wisdom to release all beings from suffering. Having said that, though, it is an ideal only and I fall down frequently.

I need space; the size of my family means I don't often get as much as I would like. I am trained in social work, but I don't actually work in a paid sense. My babies keep me very busy now (Finn, 3, and Suzy, 1.+ 3 teenagers which are more demanding than babies sometimes.)A pet soapbox of mine is the refusal of society to see mothering as "real" work.

I am writing a book about women who have been sexually assaulted by ex/sexual intimates because of society's refusal to see it as "real" rape.

I'm an appalling housekeeper; used to be very task-focused but now find I have more interesting things to do than make beds. I don't like conservative clothing, you'll never see me in buff or grey. I like peasant blouses, bright gypsy skirts, jeans...will only force myself into a suit and pumps if necessary, like, say, a funeral.

I love people; pink is my favourite colour and I am a bit of a cry-baby; my feelings can be easily chafed. I love to laugh and I should do it oftener. I love off-colour jokes, bellydancing, yummy food and booze, especially Guinness.

I am bits of auntie, witch, little girl, utter bitch, crusty old bordello madam and angel.

My latest love is Pandora's aquarium and some of the terrific souls it's been my fortune to connect with.

And as you can see I also like going on about myself.

It's been interesting to learn about you all and you're right, Mistral, fun.

Love to those who haven't fallen asleep yet.

Louise xxxx

Louise,

I'm going to do it AGAIN because I have a new name, I can, and it was fun the first time!

Hi!

I'm 5'5" and a FULL 1/2.  I get very bitter because I am just dumb old medium sized!

I smoke like a chimney and like to have a glass or two of merlot, with dear old Jackie.  It makes us very charming, polite and attractive to everyone who sees us, as long as they, too have had a glass of merlot.  Otherwise, well just ask Rain or Louise who have both suffered through us.

I'm a teacher.  I live with my boyfriend and our dog in a cute little house.  It's never clean and when it is it will soon be dirty.

I wear Birkenstocks.  I have two tattoos, but I only like one, so I'm only going to tell you about that one.  It's a bear's claw on my heel and it symbolizes strength.  Jackie went with me to get it, and thought I was a baby about it, but I haven't seen her get one yet.

I have a kitchen appliance fetish.  I love to collect them and sometimes I am fascinated by refrigerators, but only certain kinds.

I love to read, sometimes mind candy and sometimes serious stuff.  I like to write, but sometimes it's a really big effort.  I fancy myself a gardener, but I usually kill plants.

Cheese is my favorite food.  Or is it chocolate? I love food, though and cook when I get a chance, which is usually when friends come over, which is usually the only time my house even resembles clean.

And since I'm up so #### late, I think I'm going to follow Lis and Kellie's example and get me a prescription for Ambien.

Hugs,

Jes

AGE: 21, 5'4", short strawberry blond hair (with lots of blond), gray-blue eyes

1.LIVING ARRANGEMENT?

Just me and my pets in a one bedroom apartment

"Lucky Man" by Michael J. Fox

It's a Yahoo freebie I got on campus

4.FAVORITE BOARD GAME?

Clue

5.FAVORITE MAGAZINE?

Usually Marie Claire, British edition - many more interesting articles, and not so censored as the North American versions are

6.FAVORITE SMELLS?

Salty ocean air; baking bread; sandalwood incense; campfires; the air after a good spring rain; clean laundry straight from the dryer

7.LEAST FAVORITE SMELLS?

beer breath - or any kind of alcohol on the breath for that matter; sweat; cigar smoke; diaper smell; my garbage when I've refused to step into the freezing cold to take it out to the dumpster; the inside of a fast food restaurant

8.FAVORITE SOUND?

seagulls over the ocean or a baby's laughter

failure, hopelessness/helplessness

"What can I put off doing today?" "Where is the cat crying from, and how much energy do I have to expend to throw the pillow at him to make him stop yeowling at me?"

11.FAVORITE COLOR?

Depends on what it's for, but I love earthy colours to wear and decorate with

I usually turn the ringer off and return the messages later

13.FUTURE CHILD'S NAME?

Don't really want kids, but my imaginary children would be Grace and Noah

Having faith in ourselves, supporting the individuality and integrity of others, and respect. And of course - joy. No one should ever have to grow up so much that they forget how much fun it is to fingerpaint all over a refrigerator.

15.FAVORITE FOODS?

Vegetarian subs, moon mist ice cream, Pizza Delight garlic fingers,

16.CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA?

Chocolate

Very fast. Probably part of why I never got my driver's license.

Sometimes. His name is Nelson, he's a wonderfully soft and huge stuffed bear.

Always cool, but sometimes they can be a bit scary as well when I'm alone.

Never owned one.

Nelson Mandela.

I love the South Shore Orgasm (it's a shot).

Capricorn

Yes

International aid worker, photographer, and author. Helping the people, and then showing those who've never seen what's actually going on outside their borders just exactly what it is that is happening, without censoring or toning it down. Making the world real for everyone.

I'll stick with highlights, thanks.

27.EVER BEEN IN LOVE?

Yes.

Depends on what's in the glass.

29.FAVORITE MOVIES?

Wit, Pay It Forward, Sweet November, Life is Beautiful

No,

31.WHAT'S UNDER YOU BED?

I sleep on my living room floor

I don't think I have one, but I usually say 13

Figure skating or hockey - though I think I've grown out of the skating, I usually cheer for them to fall down. I am growing into hockey though, like a "true" Canadian.

Great Big Sea, Alanis Morisette

35.FAVORITE TV SHOWS?

CSI, Law and Order, reality tv always makes me feel better about myself (I may be as strange as they are but at least I don't like to publicly broadcast my oddities to the world), Will and Grace

36.FAVORITE CITY?

Halifax

37.NAME OF FIRST PET?

There was a puppy named Fuzzy, who would run away and could only be lured back home with Oreo cookies... we gave him away because he bit too much. Current pets are Poe-Zilla, the wonder cat, and Winston the fighting fishie.

38.FAVORITE SONG?

"Can't Cry Hard Enough" by the Williams Brothers. Or "Fields of Gold" by Eva Cassidy.

Ashley Judd and Ed Norton... I guess... though there are other people I'll see a movie just because they're in it.. but then, I'll refuse to see a movie even if some of my favourite actors/actresses are in it. I don't really pay too much attention to the stars, but more to plot and all. Actors and actresses are just people too.

(Edited by Anna at 5:01 pm on Oct. 26, 2002)

I am bored out of my mind right now so figured that I would do this to kill some time.  :-)

My name is Jen and absolutly abhor being called "Jenny" or "Jennifer" - very few people can get away with that.  ;-)

I'm 5'2" and a whole QUARTER.  :-)  Usually I pull off looking at least 5'5" cuz at work I wear 3" heels, so people are always surprised if I'm wearing flats.

My hair started out blonde when I was a kid...then turned more brownish, then turned red when I started dying it 2 years ago.

I live in the US in Virginia right outside of Washington D.C..  For some reason people seem to think that because I live in Virginia I lived on a farm and stuff...nope!  Farms around where I live (suburbs/city) are like an attraction the same as a zoo is.

I'm 22 years old and no one can ever guess my correct age.  If people have known me for awhile they usually thing I'm A LOT older because of the way I act and carry myself and give advice, etc.  If someone doesn't know me and just looks at my appearence they usually think I'm A LOT younger than I really am.  I still get carded to see rated "R" movies! :-P

Hmm...what else?  I'm currently living with my parents b/c I can't afford to move out...rent here is starting at ? a month for a small 1 bedroom...it's ridiculous.  I currently work as a stupid smiling desk monkey at the Nat'l HQ of one of the top 5 cell phone companies.  (If you're looking at buying a cell PM me and I'll tell you what NOT to buy...my cell company SUCKS!)  :-)

I have a wonderful b/f Justin who I have been with for 8 mo. now...he's the best and one day we'll get married.  :-)  He's a composer and a substitute teacher, so he's poor just like me.

I was a U.S. Marine...three years in service before I was medically discharged for rehumatoid arthritis at 18 yrs. old.  I was active 6 mo. before I went to my reserve unit back home.  I had tons of fun there :-)

What I really want to do in life is to write and eventually open up my own Rape Crisis Center somewhere either in this area or in New England somewhere.

I used to do Tae Kwon Do and was a black belt, I would love to still do it but b/c I have arthritis that limits a lot of things.

I love reading and learning cool new things.  I'm big into psychology and personalities and stuff and could talk for hours about it.  I always refer to myself as a nerd :-) but I just like learning new stuff so I can help out other people and keep up with my disgustingly brilliant boyfriend.  :-)

I love watching hockey, the Washington Caps are my team - they suck most of the time but I have loved them for 7-8 yrs. now and can't stop.  :-)  One of these days we'll win the Stanley Cup.  :-)

Hmmm...can't think of anything right now - and gotta run and do some "work."  :-)

hugs to all,

Jen

(Edited by crnflakegrl13 at 1:21 pm on Jan. 23, 2002)

Who am I?  It's easy to say who I'm not.  I'm no longer a victim, but I am a survivor.  But that doesn't answer who I am.  I'm a daughter, a granddaughter, a sister, a friend.  I'm not my past any more than I'm my future.  I'm the me I am now.  And who's that?  My name is Kelly and I'm 25 years old.  I'm a Scorpio, but don't believe everything you hear about us.  I'm 5'8" and weight is not going to be mentioned!  I have green eyes and red hair and am of Irish decent (as if you couldn't guess!).  I was born in Huntington (Long Island) NY but was relocated to Maryland (just outside of Annapolis) when I was quite young.  I've been writing since I was seven, and that's what I want to do with my life.  I'm an avid reader, devouring four to five books a week.  A self-proclaimed nerd, I prefer watching the Discovery Channel, the Learning Channel, the Health Channel and the History Channel (as well as MSNBC) over regular television.  But I'm not what you'd expect.  Though I'm often outspoken, I'm really shy.  I'm told I have a great sense of humor and that I'm compassionate.  I love making people laugh and there's nothing I enjoy more than helping people out.  I have three tattooes, all of which I LOVE!  My frist one (gotten back in Mayter a friend died) is a butterfly flying to a chinse symbol that means "Live for today."  Butterflies symbolize freedom to me, so that means I'm granting myself the permission to live my life.  That one is on my right calf.  My next tattoo (gotten in August) is my favorite.  It's the egyptian eye of horace (I love anything egyptian, anything pretaining to myth), but instead of an eyeball in the center, it's the world.  the eye of horace symbolizes protection, and with the world, to me it means looking over all mankind.  That's on my right shoulder.  My third tat, gotten after 9/11, is another chinese symbol (this time on my left leg) and it says HOPE.  I love my tatts.  I hate pain because it's all I know.  I have fibromalgia (however you spell it) as well as many other problems. Yet getting those tats gave me so much self esteem.  It's stupid I know, but they really helped.  I am so glad I got them.  I'm going to get a fourth (the tattooed lady, LOL).  It's going to be the RENT symbol from the broadway show.  That show is very important in my life and I'm going to get it over my heart.  Gay I know...but who cares. Its my body and my body is my temple.  I'll worship it anyway I want!!!!

As you can guess, music is my life.  Broadway is heaven.  I live and breathe music and writing.  I love hanging with friends but am just as happy to stay alone.

Who am I?  I am me, and I offer no apologies.  If you don't like me, fine.  That's how I live.  that's how I survive.  True, I am hurt by those who do dislike me, but that doesn't rule my life :)

Kell7

Ooh, I want to do the questionnaire now:

Name: Aoife (kind of, it'll do - you pronounce it 'eefa' btw)

1.LIVING ARRANGEMENT

In an apartment with my dear dear sexy husband.

The Rise and Fall of the Great Powers, by Paul Kennedy

The complete poems, Emily Bronte

Any old trash, by any old trashy author

Umm, not using a mousepad cos like my mouse higher. Am using a copy of 'discrete mathematics in computer science' to lean my mouse on. Good job it has some use, huh?

4.FAVORITE BOARD GAME?

Trivial pursuit

5.FAVORITE MAGAZINE?

Neon - sadly now defunct British film magazine. It was ace.

6.FAVORITE SMELLS?

My husband's pillow and neck.

7.LEAST FAVORITE SMELLS?

Sewage processing plants, sour milk.

8.FAVORITE SOUND?

the sound of thunderstorms and falling rain. (wow, snap)  

when you realise you've been unintenionally mean or cruel

must lie on husband's pillow

11.FAVORITE COLOR?

white. and yes I know it's not a colour.

I don't answer the phone unless I'm waiting for a specific call

13.FUTURE CHILD'S NAME?

Niamh

people

15.FAVORITE FOODS?

I have a Garfield size penchant for lasagne. I could eat it 72 times a day, if permitted by reason and stomach size.

16.CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA?

There is no other sweet flavour but chocolate, right?

yep, gets you there quicker. I have a very un-zen and the art of motercycle maintenance attitude to journeys.

oh yes.

way cool

John Wilmot, Earl of Rochester, to find out if his deatbed conversion was bogus. I just really want to know.

hoegaarden

I do know, but I hate horoscopes so I won't say on principle

depends how precise my chopping is. sometimes, sometimes not.

Scullys

I used to die my hair redder, now I don't. I don't want to die it any colour, if I did, I would.

27.EVER BEEN IN LOVE?

Yepper

Sometimes hard to see the glass at all

29.FAVORITE MOVIES?

Like Water for Chocolate, Goodfellas

yepper

31.WHAT'S UNDER YOU BED?

suitcases and winter quilts

gymnastics

Changes constantly but currently listening to: The Gorillaz, Tori, Linkin Park, Andy White remixes, Wu Tang Clan

35.FAVORITE TV SHOWS?

The West Wing, Sex and the City, ER, Frasier  

36.FAVORITE CITY?

The one I live in. I am so blessed to love where I live.

37.NAME OF FIRST PET?

never had one

38.FAVORITE SONG?

just now: 'In the end' by Linkin Park

Robert de Niro, Susan Sarandon

K, I'm jumping on the bandwagon of new names new answers.  :)

this questionairre format seems to work.  :)

Name: Laney, short for Melanie, call me anything but Mel, ok? :)

I'm 5'7" I weigh something, I have brown/auburn hair, and green/brown hazel eyes.

1.LIVING ARRANGEMENT

With my husband Dave and my son patrick (he is 2)

Does TV guide count?

I don't use a  mouse pad, my son would surely use it as a frisbee.

4.FAVORITE BOARD GAME?

scattegories

5.FAVORITE MAGAZINE?

Parents (lol)

6.FAVORITE SMELLS?

the smell of food baking :)  The sweet baby smell.

7.LEAST FAVORITE SMELLS?

gasoline, cold metal

8.FAVORITE SOUND?

my son laughing or saying 'hey baby' :)  

Feeling unloved

Only 17 more hours till I go back to bed

11.FAVORITE COLOR?

it depends on my mood black, emerald green, buttery yellow

13.FUTURE CHILD'S NAME?

ummm....I dunno

love

15.FAVORITE FOODS?

cookies, chips, a big fat steak, mashed potatoes, homemade spaghetti sauce, garlic bread, I LOVE FOOD! :)

16.CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA?

chocolate

used to, now I'm an old lady driver

does dave count?

scary

Madeline Albright

frozen mudslides, Malibu and pineapple, frozen margaritas :)  I LOVE TO DRINK TOO LOL

Aquarius

sure, I love all of the broccoli

One that paid me an exorbinant amount of money to do nothing.  Nah, not really, I'd like to be a high school english teacher.

I just dyed it to look like a black cherry threw up all over it :)

27.EVER BEEN IN LOVE?

truely, madly and deeply so :)

either way, bring me another bar keep

29.FAVORITE MOVIES?

I don't really have the attention span for a movie.   But hey, Forrest Gump and Philadelphia are good when I'm ill and stuck on the couch. :)

Absolutely

31.WHAT'S UNDER YOU BED?

monsters

hmmmm...how about 12756548978465, nah but really, I like 23

baseball, football

Creed, U2, Tori, Bon Jovi, Alot of 80's and early 90's stuff

35.FAVORITE TV SHOWS?

Law and Order, 3rd Watch, ER, Friends, West Wing, Frasier, Will and Grace (hmmm, I watch all together too much NBC)

36.FAVORITE CITY?

Boston, hands down

37.NAME OF FIRST PET?

Mickey, my first dog, and Stuart Little, my first hampster

38.FAVORITE SONG?

'To make you feel my love' by garth brooks

Tom Cruise, Cameron Manheim

Most definately going to add later, I'll be back

here's some new things about me :)

1. IF YOU COULD BUILD YOUR HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE>WOULD IT BE?

On the beach  (surprise surprise)

2. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ARTICLE OF CLOTHING?My flowery wrap around fun sleeved shirt

3. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE PHYSICAL FEATURE OF THE OPPOSITE SEX?

shoulders and eyes :)

4. WHAT'S THE LAST CD THAT YOU BOUGHT?Geeze......I download 'em for free.  The last one I purchased?  Tori Amos

5. WHERE'S YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO BE?

In bed with a certain someone :)

6. WHERE'S YOUR LEAST FAVORITE PLACE TO BE?with the inlaws

7. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO BE MASSAGED?My shoulders

8. WHAT'S MOST IMPORTANT, STRONG IN MIND OR STRONGIN BODY?Strong in Mind

9. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING?When ever patrick sticks his finger in my eye and says mommy...day!  up!

10. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOW?Trading Spaces

11. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE?I'm partial to the fridge (cough, cough Jackie)

12. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CHILDHOOD MEMORY?playing wiffle ball with my brother and his friends and other silly nonsense

13. WHAT MAKES YOU LAUGH?see number 11 lol

14. WHAT MAKES YOU REALLY ANGRY?

stupid f*cking people

15. IF YOU COULD PLAY ANY INSTRUMENT WHAT WOULD ITBE?

ummm...tambourine lol

16. FAVORITE RESTAURANT/CAFE/EATERY?

any place I don't have to serve the food!

18. IF THERE WAS A MOVIE MADE ABOUT YOU, WHAT>CURRENT/FORMER HOLLYWOOD STAR WOULD PLAY YOU?

um.....as if

19. DO YOU BELIEVE IN AFTERLIFE?

sure I hope I don't just rot in a box

20. FAVORITE CHILDREN'S BOOK?

I'll love you forever

21. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON?

winter

22. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE HOUSEHOLD CHORE?

LAUNDRY!

23. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPER POWER, WHAT WOULDIT BE?

x-ray vision...(did I say that out loud)  Nah...j/k... I think being able tofly would be fun

24. IF YOU HAVE A TATTOO, WHAT IS IT?ouch...I wouldn't do that.....my body is my temple (HA!)

25. WHO WAS YOUR FIRST LOVE AND AT WHAT AGE?Real love?  or are we talking the puppy variety?Puppy love definately RJ ingemi when I was 6....real love...probably John, Iwas 17

26. THE SONG YOU WISHED YOU HAD WRITTEN?

This is the song that doesn't end....it just goes on and on my friend...somepeople started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll just keep onsinging it forever just because....j/k just wanted to get that stuck in your head....Umm.....probably crucify by tori

27. DO YOU PREFER CAT'S OR DOG'S?

dogs, I am SO not a cat person

28. WHAT'S IN THE TRUNK OF YOUR CAR?I have a truck...so no trunk

29.  WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SPORTS CAR OR SUV?

See number 28 :)

30.  CAN YOU JUGGLE?

In theory, I can do anything, in actual real life, #### no.  Although the thought of me juggling is quite funny :P

31. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE DAY?

Tuesday is nice

32. USING ONLY ONE WORD DESCRIBE YOURSELF?craaaaaaaaaaaazy

(((hugs)))

Laney

(Edited by Laney at 11:12 am on April 30, 2002)

(Edited by Laney at 9:58 pm on April 30, 2002)

Guest On My Way

Me too! Me too!!

New name...(was lostsoul)...now, Di... works for me!!

We are in our new home!! YAY!

and the questionaire:

1.LIVING ARRANGEMENT

In a house with my sexy man, two beautiful girls and our 3 cats, one bunny and a doggie on the way!!

Fall on Your Knees, by Anne Marie MacDonald

My mouse...duh! =)

Oh~the pad itself? An underwater dolphin scene...=( makes me want to puke.

4.FAVORITE BOARD GAME?

Scrabble

5.FAVORITE MAGAZINE?

Cosmo and Glamour

6.FAVORITE SMELLS?

baby powber, soft musk, Tranquil Sleep (by bath & body works)

7.LEAST FAVORITE SMELLS?

Urine, cat litter, asparugus

8.FAVORITE SOUND?

My little girls soft breathing when they are sleeping...  

death...I'm afraid to die...

ALREADY?!?!

11.FAVORITE COLOR?

Black

I don't answer the phone unless I'm waiting for a specific call, otherwise, twice.

13.FUTURE CHILD'S NAME?

Josephine Baily (girl)

Brandon Kevin (boy)

My family & friends

15.FAVORITE FOODS?

Baked oysters, stuffed artichokes & stuffed mushrooms!!

16.CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA?

Vanilla w/ chocolate swirl...:)

But of course!

My honey! He's a big ol' bear!

cool

Just one?

Nah...3!

Famous...ELVIS

Not famous...My Grandpa Tom

Fictional...Betty Boop!!

Corona

Virgo

YEP!

A Rock star

I do...light golden brown!

27.EVER BEEN IN LOVE?

Every time!

What glass?

29.FAVORITE MOVIES?

Everafter, Never Been Kissed, Frequency...too many to list

NEVER!

31.WHAT'S UNDER YOU BED?

ewww...you really want me to go look?

NASCAR

Nickelback, Linkin Park, The Calling, Toby keith, Tim McGraw, JoDee Maseena...TOO MANY! I LOVE music!!

35.FAVORITE TV SHOWS?

Angel & The Buffster!! :biggrin:  

Oz, Queer as Folk (cable)

36.FAVORITE CITY?

hmmmmm? Don't really have one...

37.NAME OF FIRST PET?

Neighbor

38.FAVORITE SONG?

Right now..."Movin' On", by Rascal Flats

Mark Whalberg, Brad Pitt & Drew Berrymore, Sandra Bullock

1.LIVING ARRANGEMENT

With my parents and grandmother (how pathetic am i?)

The Secret Life of Boys

White Cargo by Stuart Woods

The Hidden Children: The secret survivors of the Holocaust

by Jane Marks

Nothing

4.FAVORITE BOARD GAME?

Scatagories!

5.FAVORITE MAGAZINE?

Cosmo, if I had to choose

6.FAVORITE SMELLS?

CK1, Cumber Melon, Sweet Pea, the ocean, rain and fresh cut grass

7.LEAST FAVORITE SMELLS?

Doggy poo

8.FAVORITE SOUND?

people laughing

Knowing that no matter how hard I can't try, I can't save my family

Ugh.  Shut up, shut up, shut up!

11.FAVORITE COLOR?

depends on my mood!

Answer a phone?  At work, if I'm right there, before the first ring is over.  At home, I don't answer.

13.FUTURE CHILD'S NAME?

I don't know if I'll have children.

Friends and family

15.FAVORITE FOODS?

Chinese and anything my mom makes

16.CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA?

Vanilla

Let's just say I got a speeding ticket for doing 96 in a 75 zone.

Can't!  My puppy-dog Adam would eat it!  So I just have my dog.

very cool

Good question.. I'd like to meet my grandfather to ask him why he was such a jerk, Jesus to ask him if we were worth it, and John Lennon just to say hey, thanks for the great tunes!

Sex on the beach!!!!

Scorpio (Nov. 1, 1976)

ewww no

a best selling author

honestly? just once I'd love to do it purple :)  But I'm a redhead.  I don't think it would take very well!

27.EVER BEEN IN LOVE?

Hard question to answer...

Again, depends.  When it comes to my family I have to think that it's half full or else I lose my mind.

29.FAVORITE MOVIES?

Rat Race, Moulin Rouge, Pearl Harbor, Titanic, the Sixth Sense, Life is Beautiful

::snicker:: no, I type with my toes on the left keys.  Yes, I learned to type after my 10th grade english teacher made fun of me in front of everyone for not being able to type.  Now I'm a speed demon!

31.WHAT'S UNDER YOU BED?

Hopefully just my floor!

Favorite number?  Uh... 7 and 22 because thats when I get paid!!!

Ick. but if i had to chose?  baseball.. how 'bout dem O's hun?  Maybe this year we won't suck so bad...

Adam Pascal, Beatles (plus solo work), Billy Joel, Elton John, Linkin Park, Blink 182, Beethoven, Garth Brooks, Trans-Siberian Orch., Alan Jackson, Martina McBride, Queen, Pink Floyd..Shall I go on?

35.FAVORITE TV SHOWS?

I don't much watch TV.  But if I do?  I guess ER

36.FAVORITE CITY?

NEW YORK CITY!!!!!  I am a displaced New Yorker....

37.NAME OF FIRST PET?

first pet ever?  Mine or my brothers?  Mine would have been my hamster Dolly

38.FAVORITE SONG?

Couldn't chose just one..but as of late?

Before You Were Born by Toad the Wet Sprocket

New York State of Mind (Adam Pascal version)

A Man's Home is His Castle by Faith Hill

Falling for the First Time by Barenaked Ladies

Shelter by Sarah McLaughin

and too many more :)

Bruce Willis all the way!  Female?? Whoopie :)

(Edited by Ash at 11:16 am on June 29, 2003)

Ok my turn my turn!

Name: Penmark (that will have to do, of and I am a girl, confusing I know)

1.LIVING ARRANGEMENT

An apartment

Well yesterday I read Sheep in  jeep, Sheep in a Shop, and the exciting addition to the series Sheep on a Hike. (teaching pre-kindergarten rocks)

My mouse, what is on your mouse pad?

4.FAVORITE BOARD GAME?

I play a mean hand of Skip-bo, wait I guess that isn't a board game.  

5.FAVORITE MAGAZINE?

I read O magazine when I am sitting in Barnes and Noble, does that count?

6.FAVORITE SMELLS?

Sheets freah from the dryer,  and my water lily and aloe vera  shower gel.  

7.LEAST FAVORITE SMELLS?

Who wants to think about that?  Probably small children after they have been running around on the playground in 100 degree heat. I'm not fond of the smell of the catbox either.  

8.FAVORITE SOUND?

laughter.  Except when it is at me.  Well unless I have been funnny, then it is ok to laugh at me.  I guess I don't like laughing if it is at someone else either.  Wel unless they have been funny.  Oh forget it, my favorite sound is the ocean waves.

like you have let someone down

The NOISE! THE NOISE! I MUST STOP THE NOISE! (I have three alam clocks)

11.FAVORITE COLOR?

It just depends on the situation.  Forinstance, I really like green, but not on things like cheese.  In that case i would prefer yellow.

I don't answer the phone, that is what answering machines are for.

13.FUTURE CHILD'S NAME?

I have no idea

the people I care about and getting to do what I love

15.FAVORITE FOODS?

I could eat a turkey sandwich for every meal.  But it has to be lunchmeat turkey.  I can't stand "real" turkey like the kind you have on Thanksgiving.  I choose not to think about the reasons for feeling like this.  Just accept the quirk and move on with life.

16.CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA?

Don't pressure me to choose.  

you mean the speed limit signs are not mere suggestions?

it is not just a stuffed animal, it is a security sytem which enables me to sleep better.  Stuffed animal HAH!  You have no idea of its powers!

Both, I like to watch them from my apartment.  Hail screws with my car which hacks me off, and I don't like tornadoes coming towards me house.  Just nice little storms are nice though.

I would probably meet them and then forget what I was going to say, and then they would laugh at me (the type that I don't like)  

Long Island Ice Tea

I'm a goat.  (Chinese Zodiac- bet ya didn't see that one coming HAH!)

I honestly don't take much notice.  What kind of a question is this?

Hmm I think I would like to pick a new job each day, that way i could try everything!

I dyed my hair bright red for a part in a play once, it was a horrifying experience that I don't want to go through ever again.

27.EVER BEEN IN LOVE?

Yep

Depends on the glass

29.FAVORITE MOVIES?

Like Water for Chocolate, Ponnette, and Life is Beatiful (hmm think I have a soft spot for foreign films?)

do my typing skills reflect that I type with my fingers on the right keys?  I don't think so!

31.WHAT'S UNDER YOU BED?

I'm too scared to look, but you are more than welcome to

there is an infinite number to pick from!

gymnastics, womens ice skating and football and college basketball.  (Man it said FAVORITE

I can't follow directions)

Alright favorite: gymnastics, no question

I stink at picking favorites.  I like whatever comes out of the CD player which can be anything from classical to showtunes, to folk music to alternative.  Totally depends on the day.

35.FAVORITE TV SHOWS?

I like frasier and enjoy making fun of the dramatics on ER

36.FAVORITE CITY?

I don't know I am pretty happy wherever I am at any moment.

37.NAME OF FIRST PET?

puppy (yeah real original, just for the record I did NOT choose that name)

38.FAVORITE SONG?

Hmm this second, Let the River Run by Carly Simon (yeah the postal service commercial song)

I could NEVER pick, mainly because I am horrible about paying attention to the names of actors and actresses!

Hey this was fun!

~Pen

((Everyone)) this is such an awesome thread... Lemme see what I can tell you about me...

My born name is Amanda Jane Whitesel- my middle "Jane" is a family name passed down through the generations.  Though I think it's a funny name to pass down.  I don't usually like going by my name, I'm not used to hearing it much.  Most people have nicknames for me.

I am 21, a september baby.  The baby of the family.  My mom and dad have been married for almost 30 years now.  And I have one older brother (whose 24) and an older step sister (who would be 31) but she doesn't have anything to do with the family anymore.  My brother has a daughter, whose 3 1/2.  She's adorable.  I am married to a wonderful, adoring man whose the light of my life, and he has an adorable son, Lucas, who I call my own.  My family is very supportive as well.

I'm 5'11''&3/4, I weigh about 140 lbs (when I eat right), and was born with blonde hair though I dyed it red, and have blue grey eyes that change with the weather.  I'm also diabetic, and have a disease called Celiac Sprue (allergic to gluten).  Which makes eatting difficult.  

I love sushi, fruits, and veggies. I adore animals, and plan to have a farm one day.  My favorite animal is the Manatee, which my husband adopted one in florida for me before we got married.  (her name's Amanda as well, and they featured her on PBS reading rainbow! I freaked out when I saw it! lol)  We own 5 gold fish that we haven't named yet, and my parents are taking care of my two cats till we move outta the apt.- Tiffany a long haired all white cat, and Penelope a long haired multi colored calico.  Both I adore.  

I love to write, paint, talk, read, do photography, giggle, and make new friends.  Im outgoing when my selfesteem is high.  I was homeschool most of my childhood, which helped to give me a new respect for people of all ages and races.  My parents are amazing teachers, and I learned a lot about real life from homeschooling.

I love to travel, and have been all over PA, as well as the east coast. And as far north as canada.  I didn't see the ocean until I was 17.  Which was one of the most amazing days of my life.  Now I can't go a summer without going to the ocean, neither can my parents.  We even got my dad into a pair of shorts (which he never did till he turned 49 just an fyi lol)  

I love my family.  I love my religion.  I love my friends.  I love to be loving and caring.  I hate anger, and yelling.  And wish life was easier.  I love dressing up and going to fancy functions, I love dressing down and playing in the mud, and going horse back riding.  I love doing it all and being it all.  I adore all kinds of music, from rock, to rap, to r&b, to opera, to jazz, to classical, to alternitive, to hard rock, to oldies, to everything and anything- all of it.  Music is more then music, it sets the tone for moments in our lives.  

I love life.  Above all, I've learned that the bad has taught me to appriciate the good.  And I guess that makes it all worth while.  

Name: Sapphire or Amanda, or AJ- JUST DONT CALL ME MANDY

1.LIVING ARRANGEMENT

Apartment with my wonderful adoring husband and step son and 5 fishes with out names

Comfort of healing work book, also "Wizards First Rule"

No mouse pad- we have a YingLing Lauger one, but we dont bother using it

4.FAVORITE BOARD GAME?

Monopoly or Life or anything really played with a bunch of friends, card games - ANY rummy  

5.FAVORITE MAGAZINE?

AWAKE! & I know the irony- Cosmo- Im so much like my mom

6.FAVORITE SMELLS?

My husbands shirts after he's warn them.  Good perfume.  

7.LEAST FAVORITE SMELLS?

ANYTHING THAT STINKS.  Smelly feet, etc etc. I have a real KEEN sense of smell, and my husband cant smell anything. You get the picture

8.FAVORITE SOUND?

Lucas saying he loves me, Tim saying he loves me.  

Regret & dissappointment whether you dished it out, or recieved it

Do I have to get outta bed? Lucas go back to sleeeeeep! ITS ONLY 6AM!

11.FAVORITE COLOR?

Sapphire Blue

I check the caller ID first.

13.FUTURE CHILD'S NAME?

Lillian Faith (Tim and I already picked that one out)

People. Love. Devotion. God.

15.FAVORITE FOODS?

Sushi, Fruits, veggies

16.CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA?

Either or- White chocolate :)

Yeppers. But Ive been pulled over too many times to speed much.

Nopers- does a body pillow count?  And My hubby?

Cool. Cept when Im alone in the dark

21.IF YOU COULD MEET ONE PERSON DEAD OR ALIVE? errr... probably Job lol. That sounds pretty ironic. Im just wondering how he dealt with everything he went through

Margarita.  Birch beer and rum.

er- dont believe in it :P

yep

Matress tester :)  hehe okay, um probably further my photography

Im dying it already- red

27.EVER BEEN IN LOVE?

Still am very inlove

FULL #### IT!

29.FAVORITE MOVIES?

Moulin Rouge, Sleeping Beauty, Princess Bride, any musicals.

Yes

31.WHAT'S UNDER YOU BED?

Nothing at the moment.

Foot ball :)

Deoends. I love them all.  Right now- Eve, Linkin Park, & Matchbox20. But it changes every other second

35.FAVORITE TV SHOWS?

Sesemestreet and between the lions- My step son watches PBS all day. :)

36.FAVORITE CITY?

Cleveland, NY, Toronto, Philly, Pittsburgh, Altoona. ANY of them :)

37.NAME OF FIRST PET?

Er- Ive had a billion pets. I dont remember what my "first" pet was. Although the one that sticks in my head is my cat "cinderella" whose name was changed to cindy lop-ear because she got hit by a car every other week, lost an ear. then had a broken jaw, and a hip.  She got hit by cars 10 times before she finally died. So cats have at least 10 lives! HA!  I loved that cat! She had kittens too!

38.FAVORITE SONG?

"Hanging by a moment" Life house- Tim and My song.  As well as "Come what may" Moulin Rouge sound trk.

Sean Conary, Meg Ryan, Nicole Kidman, Jet Li. BUNCHES!

((((Everyone))))

Sapphire

(Edited by SapphirezfuryRains at 11:03 am on Feb. 6, 2002)

Guest SK Redmond

Can't believe I never did this.  

Oh well here we go.  I'm 28 and will be going back to school in the fall so my boring job with the mean boss doesn't matter anymore :)

I live in NoVA (Northern Virginia) currently with my folks...which is at least cheap.

I have one dog...the cutest little Jack Russell ever.  Her name is Skokey.

In my free time I read (books have always been my escape)  I'll read anything currently I'm reading "The River King" by Alice Hoffman (one of my favorite writers)  and the Dahmapadra (spelling?)  I know I'm weird and I kind of like it that way.  I have the Koran, Bible, Book of Morman, Dahmapadra, Freud's writings on relgion, Hume's dialogs, and the Annalects of Confucious all on the same shelf...what can I say the stuff fasicnates me *shrug*

I also like to paint...water colors are my paints of choice.  I write to a lot.  Mostly poetry, some people have told me it's pretty good, and I did get an A in creative writing/poetry course in college...but I don't know.  I don't write it for others anyway...it's about me.

I like to be outside.  Something peaceful about not haveing walls around you.  I love the way a horse farm smells.  The earthy, sweet, smell of hay, manuore, and animals.

That's enough for now.

Catch up with all y'all latter,

NiNi

(I'm stealing Trinity's and Ash's layouts)

Name: Troy

Height: 5’11 ½”

Weight: 200 lbs

Hair Color: blonde

Eye Color: blue and green

Nationality: US citizen

Siblings/Ages: 3 older brothers (4, 10, and 11 years older)

Do you have a job: Yes

Who's your role model: N/A

What store do you shop at the most:  used bookstores

Do you collect anything: well I do have a lot of books

~FAVORITES~

Day of the week: Friday

Game: Civilization, Sim City or Steel Panthers

Food: at home, anything with pasta and garlic

Restaurant: Thai or Japanese

Animals: Dogs; Elephants

Ice Cream: Peppermint Bon Bon

Drink: Pale Ale, or Gin Tonic

Sport: Judo, Boxing or Karate

Sesame Street character: Grover, Ernie, or Count Count

Favorite Fruit: fresh pineapple

How many kids do you want: 2-3

1.LIVING ARRANGEMENT? I rent the basement of my parents’ house.

2.WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? 'Peace Is Every Step', by Thich Nhat Hanh; 'The Advent of the Algorithm', by David Berlinski; 'The God of Small Things', by Arundhati Roy

3.WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Some frilly, overly-pretty crap! But, like some wondrous, indestructible jelly donut, this mouse pad has liquid inside. It is great for lessening the carpel damage to your wrists, though it looks so silly.

5.FAVORITE MAGAZINE? 'The Economist', which I read at a huge chain bookstore over coffee(and dont buy--shhhh).

6.FAVORITE SMELLS? vanilla, sandlewood, roasting coffee

7.LEAST FAVORITE SMELLS? semen, methane, rotting organisms

9.WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD? Being hated and exposed.

12.HOW MANY RINGS BEFORE YOU ANSWER THE PHONE? 3 or 4

13.FUTURE CHILD'S NAME? Yogurt, Taffy, and Pepsi. No, just kidding! I really have no idea.

14.WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT IN LIFE? Survival, Love, Joy

16.CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA? Chocolate, unless it’s really good, real vanilla

17.DO YOU LIKE TO DRIVE FAST? Yes!

18.DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL? Sort of. There are 3 little buddies who are in my room who i consult.

19.STORMS - COOL OR SCARY? Very cool

20.WHAT TYPE WAS YOUR FIRST CAR? A gigantic blue Buick

21.IF YOU COULD MEET ONE PERSON DEAD OR ALIVE? Buddha or Jesus

23.WHAT IS YOUR ZODIAC SIGN? Gemini

24.DO YOU EAT THE STEMS OF BROCCOLI? Yes

25.IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB YOU WANTED, WHAT WOULD IT BE? Designated Child Clown and Cheerer-upper

27.EVER BEEN IN LOVE? Not really...

29.FAVORITE MOVIES? Too hard! but of recent movies: Amelie, Crouching Tiger, The Matrix.

30.DO YOU TYPE WITH YOUR FINGERS ON THE RIGHT KEYS? mostly yes

31.WHAT'S UNDER YOU BED? posters

34.FAVORITE MUSICAL ARTISTS? Shit, I don’t know. Chemical Brothers, Peter Gabriel, Pink Floyd, Bjork, Sarah McLaughin

35.FAVORITE TV SHOWS? 'Buffy', 'The West Wing', 'The Sopranos', and especially '6 Feet Under'

36.FAVORITE CITY? Berlin

37.NAME OF FIRST PET? Togenberg

38.FAVORITE SONG? Victoria: "Sanctus (Missa pro defunctis)"; or Peter Gabriel: "In Your Eyes"; or Bjork: "Army of Me"

Ian Mckellan, Richard Burton, Catherine Deneuve

(Edited by tkb at 1:36 pm on Feb. 12, 2002)

If anyone still reads this thread...

I'm 19 right now. I'm a pre-law major at my school, with minors in Paralegal Studies and women's studies. I'm gonna go to law school with a specialization in intellectual property, but after I get enough money, I'll run for Congress.

1.LIVING ARRANGEMENT

on campus apartment with some awesome roommates

Fear of a Queer Planet, some other random books I have lying around my room cause I'm bored easily.

The standard issue Compaq mousepad, at least until I figure out where my astronomy one is.

4.FAVORITE BOARD GAME?

Chess

5.FAVORITE MAGAZINE?

I haven't read a magazine in so long... I'm a book person

6.FAVORITE SMELLS?

good food cooking?

7.LEAST FAVORITE SMELLS?

human gas

8.FAVORITE SOUND?

The hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillls are alive with the Sound of Muuuuuusic... (sorry, I'm a little hyper right now)

um...I'll get back to you later

Ugh. I wanna go back to sleep (and I do)

11.FAVORITE COLOR?

white

3 or 4

13.FUTURE CHILD'S NAME?

Isaiah Michael, Dana Katherine (what?? I LOVE that show!)

Money, money, money (just kidding). Um, probably me, my religion, my friends (yes, I left my family out. Long story. I like my mom and dad, though)

15.FAVORITE FOODS?

macaroni and cheese, beefaroni, lasagna, manicotti, chicken, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, chilli, macaroni and cheese...

16.CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA?

both (swirl)

I'm 19 years old. That should answer the question...

Nope.

scary. I hate them.

A Ford Tempo. I had to start it with a metal knife.

Jesus, Gillian Anderson, Jennifer Lopez, Gillian Anderson, Jisela from Road Rules 10, Gillian Anderson...

Smirnoff Ice (shhh)

Cancer

yep. I love broccoli and cheese

I wouldn't

27.EVER BEEN IN LOVE?

sadly... they're all straight

half full

29.FAVORITE MOVIES?

Matrix, X-Files movie, Pliladelphia, The Green Mile, But I'm a Cheerleader

Nope

31.WHAT'S UNDER YOU BED?

who knows

7 (I was born 7/7/1982)

I can only stand to watch soccer

CREED!!!!!!!! oh, and Savage Garden, BB Mak, Rod Stewart, Korn, Limp Bizkit, Johann de Meij, Georg Freidrich Handel, Bach, Steve Vai. Um, a host of others

35.FAVORITE TV SHOWS?

X-Files!!!!!!! oh, and Stargate is cool, too

36.FAVORITE CITY?

New York, Los Angeles

37.NAME OF FIRST PET?

Comet?

38.FAVORITE SONG?

Forever Young by Rod Stewart, Crash and Burn by Savage Garden

Gillian Anderson, Tom Hanks, Gillian Anderson, Angela Basset, Gillian Anderson.

:)

Hey! My turn! :)

I'm Missy (not my real name, but people call me it all the time, so I'm used to it) I'm 15 (my birthday is today, 12/02/87! Yay!!) and I'm from Belgium, I live with my mum and dad in a big house in Kapellen, somewhere near Antwerp. I've got short dark brown hair, been to the hairdresser yesterday, lol. And green/brown eyes. Hmm... I've got 2 wonderful cats called Timmy and Salem, and I tell them everything! They're so cute and I could go on and on about them forever... :) I'm still in school, and I love horse back riding, singing, writing and reading and music:)

Normally I'm always happy, but I have my bad times too, sorry!

I don't know English that well, so I'm really sorry if I don't understand something!

Anyway, don't like talking about myself, lol

I've gotta get ready for my b'day! See ya!

~Missy