Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
astralvigilante

A "types of sexual abuse" thread idea.

4 posts in this topic

Hi. Do we have a section for genital damage as a result of sexual abuse? I ask because I eventually need surgery to fix one problem and dilators to fix another. If there isn't such a thread, can one be made? I doubt I'm the only person who has this issue.

Hi astralvigilante,

We don't have a thread specifically for those who have experienced genital damage. We agree there are many who have experienced this and are still coping with the damage. The downside to having specific threads as this would be the lack of responses. Over the years we've realized it's best for all to keep the Types threads in a general topic description so members receive the support they deserve. For damaged genitals we could post in "Sadistic sexual abuse", "Sexual assault involving torture", "Survivors of abduction/ near fatal sexual assaults/attempted murder", "Physical child abuse", "Physical assault during your sexual assault" or "Sexual assault that caused bodily damage" to name a few. Try and consider when the damage occurred and search out possible threads that might fit. Sending support as you cope with this.

Take gentle care,

Susan 

1 person likes this

Thanks, Susan. The last one, "sexual assault that caused bodily damage," sounds like it would be right.

Great! I hope it helps. I found a great deal of healing through the Types of SA forum. :)