Raven33

'following' posts

16 posts in this topic

I've been clicking on follow for the posts I've responded to, but it's not coming up on notifications when someone else responds.  Am I doing something wrong?  It worked for me before, so I'm unsure of how to change it.  At the bottom it says "notify me of replies', but that doesn't seem to be working for me either.  It's also not showing notifications in threads I started. 

Thank you

I might have figured it out, I found where you could change how posts are sent.  I'll see if that works.

Hi Raven,

I have been having exactly the same problem, I'm wondering if it will sort it's self out once the update is complete!?

On a different note I've just been sitting here scrolling through all the posts and you have a lovely way with words and are always so very kind!

Lou xxx

1 person likes this

Just seen your second post!

Let me know if you have sorted it. 

X

I have been getting this too. Let me know if you find a solution as I have been hunting for one. 

1 hour ago, Lou21 said:

Hi Raven,

I have been having exactly the same problem, I'm wondering if it will sort it's self out once the update is complete!?

On a different note I've just been sitting here scrolling through all the posts and you have a lovely way with words and are always so very kind!

Lou xxx

Hi Lou,

Some notifications are showing and some aren't.  This didn't.  I'm guessing that you are right about the update.  Right now I'm just thankful the forum is back. 

Thank you, I've received so much kindness from others here that it's hard to believe.  I never expected that.  So I hope that I can return the kindness.  It helps me too, gives me a different perspective and it helps me with depression. 

Hopefully they can get this sorted, I don't want to 'ignore' or miss someone that responded to me.

Raven

1 hour ago, Aenigmatic said:

I have been getting this too. Let me know if you find a solution as I have been hunting for one. 

It's a partial solution anyway.  I think it may take a bit to get used to the new format and for them to work the bugs out.  I do like it though, other than the down time and this issue!

1 person likes this

I think I have worked it out. In the notification settings it gives the option to be notified when someone comments on something you follow. For a while I couldn't select this as it said it was turned off by admin but just checked now and I was able to turn it on! Yay! 

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Aenigmatic said:

For a while I couldn't select this as it said it was turned off by admin but just checked now and I was able to turn it on!

I just fixed that setting.  Oops! Not much good following a thread if you can't get notified of it :)

2 people like this

Thank you Shannon, I am so pleased it is now sorted

I'm not sure if people are still having problems with notifications?

although it does show that I will be notified, I still am not

pinch

Just to let you know, in my notification settings, i have marked all the correct options but on individual threads, when I try following, states that I can't receive automatic notifications because I have stipulated it in the settings, which I have!!!!!!

It only works occasionally for me.  I did find notification settings, and saved it, but it's still hit or miss.  So I'm hoping the problem is just with the upgrade and that they will work it out soon.  I just don't like missing anything! 

Hi all,

We're working on straightening out all the kinks from the upgrade.  Thanks for your patience! :)

Take care,

Susan

5 people like this

In my case, it's mostly when I post something, as in, start a new topic, I don't get notification if someone responded. Yay! Thanks for working on straightening things out and thanks for letting us know.

This is taking some time since folks have different issues with the feature. We will update when we know something. :)