Sign in to follow this  
Brittany92

Blog Question

Brittany92

I am confused as to what the blogs are. Also I am confused as to what they are suppose to be about because of the rules. If anyone could explain it to me that would be helpful. I feel like most people would not have good things to write about here so the rules confuse me a lot.......

Susan

Hi Brittany,

Blogs are online journals. You can use yours for any purpose you'd like. Most of the ones here are healing related. I've copied the specific guidelines for blogs below. You can discuss feeling hopeless, but not specific plans of committing SU. As with the board guidelines surrounding illegal activities we ask you to not post plans of revenge against an abuser or any other illegal activity like destruction of property. No identifying your perp(s) by full name unless they have been convicted of abusing you and you can provide proof of this. If you disagree with a moderator's decision please post in the help Desk or PM them directly. If you enter into an argument with a member please PM them directly.

Blogs
Members have much more latitude about what is permissible to post in blogs, since your blog is your own private space to express yourself. When blogging, we ask that you refrain from using your blog to discuss

a.suicidal intentions
b. criminal activities
c. details that will identify your perp
d. negative feelings about Pandy's board and staff members

Please note that we want you to be able to use your blog as your own healing journal, so we allow more expressive freedom in the blog section, but we do reserve the right to ask people to edit or set entries to invisible. In particular, we ask you to be understanding if we need to ask you to edit/set to invisible entries with graphic descriptions of self injury and graphic descriptions of eating disordered behavior.

I hope this helps! :)

Susan

Brittany92

This does help me, thank you!

I am confused about the part where you are not allowed to identify your perps unless they are convicted. I don't plan on doing that. But honestly, most people's perps are not convicted and they should have a right to warn others.

I am sure there is a legal reason behind this though.. right?

Or is it just a forum reason?

Thank you again though for answering me I am sorry if I seem difficult I just like to know everything and how it is suppose to be.

Susan

No worries! That's why we have this forum. :)

You are correct. Identifying perps who have not been convicted would leave us (the board) and whoever posted at risk for legal action. The likelihood of any perp reading his/her name here and filing charges is slim but our administrators don't want to risk losing their homes if sued.

Brittany92

No worries! That's why we have this forum. smile.png

You are correct. Identifying perps who have not been convicted would leave us (the board) and whoever posted at risk for legal action. The likelihood of any perp reading his/her name here and filing charges is slim but our administrators don't want to risk losing their homes if sued.

That makes sense. The perps are terrible people.

Thank you!

blondie2002

I asked, about this when I first joined and was given the same reason. It makes sense, and truthfully, I can barely say their names without cringing.