Sign in to follow this  
brokenandco

emoticons not appearing

brokenandco

im not sure why but emoticon options arent appearing on the page when i write the post (i mean when im writing before i post) help? ty

Susan

Hi brokenandco,

If the rows of icons above the text box are grey then you'll need to turn on the rich-text editor in order to locate the emoticons. To do this, look to the far left of the text box above "B" and click on the switch. Then click on the happy face...the emoticons will appear below the text box. Let us know if you still have a problem. :)

Take care,

Susan

annie42

Hi Susan. - don't know if you can help but there is no row of icons above the text box on my iPad. I have adde the emoji keyboard and attach the emoticons but when I press post they disappear.

Thanks

Annie

lucy

Hi Annie,

I hope that it is ok for me to jump in here

It could be because the ipad uses the mobile version of the site. If you go to the bottom of the page and click full version you should be able to use the emoticons

I hope this was helpful!

Lucy xx

annie42

Thank you Lucy.

Annie ?

Edited by annie42

annie42

Hi Lucy

I have only been able to attach the emoticons once and it has reverted to how it was. At the bottom of the page ther is not an option to use the full version only the mobile version. Any ideas please?

Thanks

Annie x

Kate

Hey Annie,

I suspect this is an issue to do with using a mobile platform versus a desktop plqtform. Not all software functionality is available when using a mobile platform at this stage. For example, I'm using my phone right now (android), and using the full version of the board, and using the full editor too (not just the 'fast reply' box at the bottom of each thread, and while I can see most functions to help me post, I cannot see the formatting buttons for the text box. I would guess that will be something IPBoard will work on in a future version of the software. For now, remember that if you type the code for emoticons in, it will work when you post. E.g. (remove the spaces between characters, I've just got them there so you can see the code):

: ) :)

: ( :)

: hug : :hug:

: hold hands : :holdhands:

And so forth.

Thanks,

kate

annie42

Yes Kate - I can't see the formatting buttons for the text box. Will try what you suggest..

Thank you!

Annie ):?

Edited by annie42

Kate

If you need to know the code for a particular emoticon, let us know in this thread. Those of us who can view the list of emoticons can let you know ;)