Shannon

Technical FAQ

84 posts in this topic

Yeah, it kind of stinks but given the bugs with Java this was bound to happen. Chat works fine with firefox and others still. I'm using Chrome for everything but chat.

Are there plans to switch chat from being java-based?

Hi WinterRosie,

We've been looking into switching for most of the past year. There are no plans yet as we've been unable to locate a platform that fits our needs and is compatible with our existing software.

Take care,

Susan

hi, i only have google chrome i dont have any other browser, and i got java now, and now i still can't get into chat so i think i still need to have firefox or a normal browser and java to get into chat.. ekkkk technology, i'm on a home pc

That is correct. Sorry. We are still hoping to switch to a non-java based in the future.

I'm having some trouble using chat with my ipad, wondered if someone could help me out. I can get into chat's welcome area, and it does not show the little part to the right side where the true chat rooms are, and what members are there.

I haven't been around a whole lot lately. I scanned this thread and nothing popped out to my old-lady eyes that seemed to address this. If someone can offer helpful tips, or point me to something already posted that will help, I'd appreciate it!

Hey SmokeWriter,

After you've managed to log into 'Welcome Room" on your phone, you need to click the arrow in the top left of the screen. From there you should see a page with a box that says "Room" and under that "Welcome". Click the word welcome and you should see options for the other rooms.

Let me know if you still having trouble.

Posted (edited)

If you are unable to access chat, 99% of the time the problem is with the software on your computer. We can't help you fix it unless you are able to run through some troubleshooting and report to us the results.

To help us help you:

1) Read this post first: http://pandys.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=46078

It contains instructions on how to fix the vast majority of issues prospective chatters have.

2) If (and only if!) you've run through the steps in the above thread, please post here with the following information:

* Confirm that you've completed the above steps - this is very important! Also try running chat in a different browser (if you normally use IE, download and install Firefox, for example).

* Can you access chat using this link? http://client0.addonchat.com/sc.php?id=80092.com

* What Operating System (OSX, Windows XP, etc) are you using?

* Browser Type AND version (found under the Help Menu, About Internet Explorer/Firefox/Etc)

* Any error message you're receiving as well as a description or screen shot from when you try to access chat.

3) Remember that if you haven't posted on the board five times, the chat system will not let you enter.

Thanks for your cooperation - we are happy to work with you to troubleshoot, but since we can't access your computer ourselves we need this information from you in order to help.

That link works, but whenever I go from the website my computer freezes and I get the rainbow swirl of death. I've tried Firefox (which works with the link), Safari (which doesn't usually work), and Chrome (which never works). Flash/Java are up to date. I have a mac, and just updated to the newest operating system. Help.

Edited by coesite

Hi coesite,

I'm a bit confused because I do not use apple products. Let's see what we can figure out - you're using a mac with updated Java and what operating system? Browser type and version?

Chrome no longer supports java. All of the others should be working. Can you tell us what error code you're receiving? If you're not getting a code - what are you seeing when clicking on chat?

Thanks,

Susan