Shannon

Technical FAQ

84 posts in this topic

Any time smile.png

trouble getting into chat. it says http authentication not permitted. is happening for other people too. can't figure out what to do.

I'm having the same issue also

Thanks guys, we're looking into this :)

1 person likes this

http not permitted is happening again.

Thanks for letting us know. They appear to be working on their site so there's nothing we can do here except wait it out. Hopefully the disruptions will be brief.

If anyone is in need of support you can call or chat with RAINN.org.

1 person likes this

thank you for looking into it. :)

Chat not working for me either

Hi Yvonne,

Can you let us know what is is happening, in terms of chat 'not working' for you, and how you are trying to access chat? (e.g. on your phone, on a computer, which browser, if you have verified that you have the latest version of Java installed, etc).

Posted (edited)

Hi Kate,

It was saying http authentication not authorised, wouldn't let me sign in on my iPad or phone I have Java, managed last night and today though, just tried again now and it not working again, not sure what's wrong.

Yvonne

Edited by yvonne123

Hi Yvonne,

This sounds like they may still working on their site. I suggest trying again later as their down times don't seem to last long. Thanks! smile.png

ETA: I wasn't able to enter chat just now but received no message.

yes it doesn't seem to be a browser or java issue. several of us have tried from mobile/desktop/laptop/chrome/IE/firefox/etc and updated java. the http authentication comes up most times, sometimes it's just a blank screen, sometimes it's an error message. but most often the http one. they seem to be working on their site for several hours each day. it's usually in the afternoon and evening for PST it seems but today it's morning and been 3 or 4 days in a row now i think.

i hope they finish soon. chat is my sanity these days haha.

I understand! It's so hard when you come to rely on things then can't access them at certain times. Annoying too. The good news is their upgrading may help help chat run much smoother. smile.png

1 person likes this

lastest version os Java, i just get a blank chat screen and none of the loading words appear or it freezes completely

Hi RoobieRoo

Which browser are you using ? I know that our chat room no longer runs with Google Chrome because it doesn't support Java. I had to switch to firefox.

There is something you can do to make chat work on Java now and it's easy. It worked for me. I got the link from another member. I can share it when I get on my computer later.

i'm trying to enter chat from Firefox and it says that the plugin is disabled. i usually go from Chrome and it usually works but i didn't feel like messing with it tonight and thought i'd try Firefox but now i can't get in there either. is it the java plugin? i don't know much about Firefox.

Google Chrome no longer supports chat, which browsers will work?

Hey DoubleFigures,

The chat software we need to use at this time (because it is compatible with our board software, and provides us with the appropriate administrative functions which link in with our board software) is based on Java. Google Chrome discontinued supporting a particular plug-in which is required to run Java in Chrome. I can log into the chat room using Firefox, and while I try to avoid Internet Explorer as much as possible in general, it does allow me to run Java and lets me use the chat room.

1 person likes this

Thanks!

I use to be able to use IP Buddy on my IPhone to access the chat rooms... It was different how I had to do it and so I gave up...

I'd like to do that again now on my IPhone 6 plus ... Can you tell me how?

Hi mormonm0m,

I don't use my phone for chat but try these steps:

- Using the normal skin of the board (the full version) select the chat room.
- Click on the image that shows up for chat (it's a rectangle with what looks like some cartoon people)
- This will load chat and take you to the Welcome Room. You aren't able to type in the Welcome Room, so you need to choose to go to either the General chatroom or the Healing Chatroom.
- To do this: Select the little upward arrow to the top left of the screen. This will show your username and password. You will see a box that says: "Room" and under it, "Welcome". Click on the word Welcome - it will give you the option to select either General or Healing chat instead. Select what you want, and it will take you to that room smile.png

Hope this helps!

Susan

Kinda of ticked that google chrome changed their settings now i can't get in to chat unless i use a different browser :(