Shannon

Technical FAQ

84 posts in this topic

Yep, you are correct. I-stuff, lol, doesn't support java. Android does, so I tried it on my android smartphone, but it still didn't work. I wonder if Android tablets will have better luck..

I'm wondering if the capability of using chat on a tablet like the iPad is available yet? When I try to use the chat feature on the iPad, it looks like it might work, but I get a message that says, "The mobile edition module is not available with this account." Then it shows my user name, a ***** out password section, and an option to remember my password. Any idea if it's a problem on my end or if it's just not available at this time?

thanks!

Hero

I see this too whenever I try it on my iPad. It seems like it would work but I just need a certain chat password (?) to enter chat. It's like the iPad has some sort of application in which it would let iPad users chat through but we just need to find out how to access it? Still trying to figure this out. Is there a mobile enabling password for chat maybe?

I'm wondering if the capability of using chat on a tablet like the iPad is available yet? When I try to use the chat feature on the iPad, it looks like it might work, but I get a message that says, "The mobile edition module is not available with this account." Then it shows my user name, a ***** out password section, and an option to remember my password. Any idea if it's a problem on my end or if it's just not available at this time?

thanks!

Hero

I see this too whenever I try it on my iPad. It seems like it would work but I just need a certain chat password (?) to enter chat. It's like the iPad has some sort of application in which it would let iPad users chat through but we just need to find out how to access it? Still trying to figure this out. Is there a mobile enabling password for chat maybe?

I'm fairly certain due to the past when chat's been down that it's more of an error screen. Unless your computer/device allows the java applet to run, chat will not be accessible.

i am in healing chat and it showed that someone who wasn't even in either chat room but was writing in a forum, had ignored and unignored someone in our chat, in big red text, maybe a glitch?

Thanks for letting us know Zen. It is possible to ignore another chatter from a different room but it can also be done by accident. I did it myself the other night by mistake I ignored another chatter from a differnet room my hand just slipped. I did go right in and apologise and unignored her. Unforutnately this is a feature that we can't take out of the chat package. It was need a few years ago when we were first starting up. The ignore feature was used if trolls (people who just wanted to cause trouble and call survivors names) came in but thankfully we dont have them anymore. We ask that the ignore feature is not used because it can lead to people getting upset if there is a problem with another chatter please come to the chat mods or switch rooms but dont use this feature.

. It is possible to ignore another chatter from a different room but it can also be done by accident.

the chatter that zen is talking about was someone who wasn't in any chatroom or in the chat system at all. the person wasn't there on the system. it showed this random username as having ignored someone, but when you looked at any chat list, in any room, that person wasn't there.

Hi Heron,

Looking at the logs, I think the person was in the welcome room - so they wouldn't show up in either the general chat or healing chat, but were in the chat system

Cheers

Coolio

Yep Heron coolio is right the person was in the waiting room and it is possible to put someone on ignore from there. From what we saw it was an accident which unfortunately can happen sometimes

oduh :rolleyes: thanx!

freakin' java environment problem ...rraargh..ok, i'm calm - can play games etc this is a brand new i7 laptop went all-out and PAID for security etc...why is chat still not available due2java problem??M'aide?

Make sure you have the lastest Java downloaded l find works.

I always check before a chat l am wanting to be at because l always have to download the latest Jave.

I hope that you can work it out.

I'm wanting to get an upgrade on my phone, but I would hate not being able to chat on my phone. (which I currently can't do :( ) Oh well, I don't mind useing my laptop.

Hey blondie. I don't think chat is currently available on any phone. I just don't think the software allows for it.

Oh, darn. *snaps my fingers*

Yeah chat is not avail on phones.

Is chat still not available on any phone?

Hey Me_

If you load the chat room using your phone, it will work. Our last board upgrade brought this feature smile.png

That's amazing Kate!.. Ummm I'm totally technically challenged.. Lol.. How do I do that?

Hey me,

Try going to the bottom of the pg, click on change theme then select IP Board Mobile. That should do it! :)

I'm gonna give that a try thanks so much Susan!

Hate to bug you guys and ask for help... I tried what you suggested Susan and got chat to open and the welcome page but I can't get into the actual chat room

Also when I click on change theme it doesn't stay in that mobile mode and i can't find an option for the chat room unless I'm in the 'full version' is that the way it's supposed to be or am I doing something wrong?

No problem at all! This has actually been a learning experience for me too, which is a good thing!

The steps I followed to get into chat are:

- Using the normal skin of the board (the full version) select the chat room.

- Click on the image that shows up for chat (it's a rectangle with what looks like some cartoon people)

- This will load chat and take you to the Welcome Room. You aren't able to type in the Welcome Room, so you need to choose to go to either the General chatroom or the Healing Chatroom.

- To do this: Select the little upward arrow to the top left of the screen. This will show your username and password. You will see a box that says: "Room" and under it, "Welcome". Click on the word Welcome - it will give you the option to select either General or Healing chat instead. Select what you want, and it will take you to that room smile.png

Good luck! Let me know if you have any troubles.

Thank you sooo much for all of your help!