Katy

Why do I have to meet certain requirements before I can access chat?

62 posts in this topic

Thanks Katy! :)

I just wanted to add my two cents that having these restrictions is what makes Pandy's such a safe place, that people get to know others on the board and why they're here. It makes me feel safe that it is moderated.

I have over a thousand posts now, I've never gone into chat, for my own reasons. I'm very happy with the support that I get and all the wonderful people I've met. If I need to have that 'right now' support, I call or email someone like my case manager or the crisis line. Having those rules in place ensures that everyone has a safe and good experience here, that makes me feel safe and happy.

2 people like this

Thanks Fiona! All of the guidelines, including the ones for chat are in place exactly for those reasons. Doing our best to provide a safe and healing environment in which to heal.

3 people like this

I'm new as of today

I just signed in and see the rules.

I'm looking forward to see what kinds of conversations I might be able to have with my issue of being a male on male rape victim.

Any guidance while waiting would be appreciated.

My sister looked up supports for me as I'm always getting upset.

I'm happy to of found this and am sure it will make me feel not alone.

Thank you

1 person likes this

Hi sinbad,

Welcome to Pandys! :) I'm sending you a private message containing the men's forum password. :)

hug.gifhug.gifhug.gif

Peace to you,

Susan

I'm new as of today

I just signed in and see the rules.

I'm looking forward to see what kinds of conversations I might be able to have with my issue of being a male on male rape victim.

Any guidance while waiting would be appreciated.

My sister looked up supports for me as I'm always getting upset.

I'm happy to of found this and am sure it will make me feel not alone.

Thank you

hi Sinbad, you might want to look at this thread male-on-male rape. i hope being here helps :)

I really appreciate having these rules and guidelines put out because, It feels really nice to be in an atmosphere of safety :)

So a big shout out and thank you to all the moderators and administrators that made Pandora's Aquarium possible!!!

1 person likes this

Thanks laynacaldwell! These guidelines were put together for the safety of all. We appreciate your acknowledgement. hi5.gif

Hello I don't seem to be able to access the chat room. .I have met the requirements however my local firewall was preventing me now I fixed it I still not allowed

Hello I don't seem to be able to access the chat room. .I have met the requirements however my local firewall was preventing me now I fixed it I still not allowed

Hi 4ever, its great that you meet the requirements. have you asked one of the chaterators or board mods to grant you access to the chat room? meeting the criteria doesnt automatically give you access, you have to ask for it.

if you have access but your firewall is blocking it you should be able to let the firewall accept the chat site by making it a trusted page. what program are you using for your net? i find firefox is the best for me and its easy to unblock the page.

hope this helps smile.png

Growler

Hi 4ever

I checked and yes you do have access to the chat room. Can you send me a pm and let me know what if any message is coming up when you try to log in ? Also are you using google chrome to access the chat room because it no longer supports java so we can't access chat with it. Please try firefox or IE.