Katy

Why do I have to meet certain requirements before I can access chat?

62 posts in this topic

I'm not sure how big of a transgender community we have, especially in chat, but you are still very much welcome in chat and to talk about it.

I have been chatting and it has been helpful, just to have people to talk to, since I am confused

Hey Aisia - I'm really glad it has been helpful for you to chat :) Thank you for letting us know, I love this kind of feedback!

Quick question how do I get approved to go into chat?

Check out this thread here - that gives info on how you can request access to Chat.

Anyways questions just ask! :)

H

x

hi helpneverhurt

I sent you a PM. You do need to be a member for a week and have a minimum of 10 posts on the board before you can have access to chat

I would really like to chat. Could you please send me the rules and any other requirements. I am sure I have made more than ten post but I don't count them. Could u get back with me.:).

Thankyou,

♥Mary★

Hi Mary,

I've just PM'd you the details! smile.gif

To anyone else wishing to enter chat:

Please read the chat guidelines found here then respond individually to each of the six points listed. You can post in the Help Desk where we're more likely to see it faster or send your answers to any board mod - Brittany, Kate, Ruth, Tracy, Susan or our chatterator - Sasha. Thanks! smile.gif

Like many of the others, I would like to say the wait is hard, but I understand and even more, appreciate it. I know that when I am able to join, I will be in a safe community of people who have been through the similar trials and who offer real support and care.

Thanks for being so understanding sunny! The wait can be hard but it really is worth it!

I agree it is. I'm hoping to chat agian soon. I can't on my phone though, which is annoying. :rolleyes:

Can I join now?

JoyfulKatie, it looks like you are all set to join. You just have to PM Sasha (the chatterator) or any of the blue Board Mods with the answers to the following questions:

1) The date that you joined Pandy's.
2) The number of posts you have made.
3) That you have read and understood the chat room guidelines.
4) That you agree not to use the chat PM system unless its to talk directly to a chat moderator.
5) That you will remain respectful of all members and Pandy's staff members.
6. That you agree not to enter the chat room whilst you are "in crisis" which we define as being actively suicidal, actively self-harming or threatening to self-harm, in need of medical attention, or in need of police assistance.

Be sure you have read the Chat Guidelines which you can find here: http://pandys.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=140809

I would very much like to have access to chat. Now would great!

Streetglide you need to be a member for 7 days and have made 10 posts. The just follow the directions above

What a survivor mainly wants is a some level of privacy and good support. Thank you for making chat requirements optimal. It creates a believe in me that I will have nice fruitful conversations with nice people around here :)

1 person likes this

Hi Palash,

You're very welcome! We've worked hard to ensure our chat rooms are utilized for exactly those reasons. They are not for crisis issues - support and conversation and joking when appropriate. smile.png

1 person likes this

I totally understand and support the decisions you've made. Moderators make a board, and I really appreciate the effort that so many have put into this.

2 people like this

Thank you MarySmith. All of our volunteers do a fantastic job! hi5.gif

Thank you Mary, that's really lovely of you smile.png

hi i have a question . i want to have access to chat room, but cant do to condition set of the programs desighn, and im wondering why is it so difficult to talk to someone .when you need 10 times posted of what ? i dont know and if you been a member for a week ? all i want is to be able to comute with people like me and going through the same stuff. and it seems to me its rock , paper, sissors just to talk. if you got the right combo your in, and if not tough luck. i dont get it. how is this helping people ?

Hi blackrose,

We have these requirements in place for the safety of all, not as punishment. It allows new members to look around the board, check out the various forums and get an idea of how we operate. I think you'll be surprised at how much support is available here once you post. This post explains all of this in more depth.

Take care,

Susan

Good for you for posting here! Now you only need nine more posts :! You can see your post count in the left under your picture if you want to keep track.

I've been on here awhile, how can I join the chat? Thanks so much!

Katie

I have forwarded your request to the appropriate people :)