I don't know where to start...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_PepsiMama2_*

Guest_PepsiMama2_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2004 - 10:45 AM

I've opened up about myself on another message after I had been there awhile and got to know the people. I told a bit about my experience and got insulted and slammed for it and I'm a bit hesitant to start here as I don't know anyone and don't know how to begin. Any suggestions?

#2 Gabriel

Gabriel
  • DQ Blizzard Freak

• Contributing Member

Posted 14 February 2004 - 11:00 AM

I'm so sorry you had problems at another place.

Some people like to start at My Story, others like to start at My Voice. There are some excellent things in the Wonderful threads forum. Personally, it took me awhile before I told my story, and I didn't post for awhile just read. Please don't feel like you have to do one thing or another, just take your time.

Also, welcome to Pandys :)

((((hugs)))
Gabriel

#3 Guest_PepsiMama2_*

Guest_PepsiMama2_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2004 - 11:04 AM

Thanks. I think I'll do that for a bit and read other posts and get the feel of things first.

#4 Sasha

Sasha
  • worthless object of pity

• Chatterator

Posted 14 February 2004 - 02:03 PM

hi sweetie

I'm really sorry that you were hurt on other boards, one good thing about pandy's is that it's well moderated and insults like that won't be tolerated here.  It's ok if you dont feel up to posting just yet, I know it took me ages.  I think I started by just reading and then replying to certain posts.  Take your time and get comfortable, remember there is no pressure to do anything

Love

Sasha

#5 Guest_PepsiMama2_*

Guest_PepsiMama2_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2004 - 02:28 PM

Hi Sasha,
Thanks for your reply. I wanted to say that the board that I opened up on was not a support group board. I have been on that board (no longer there now) for quite awhile and I started to feel comfortable with the people and with certain threads, I would open up. But, it was the wrong place, but even so, I expected more compassion simply because we're human beings.
Thanks again.

Peps

#6 Jes

Jes
  • Jes-us Almost

• Administrator

Posted 14 February 2004 - 08:42 PM

Hey Pepsi,

Feel free to check around about here, okay?

I hope you find this a good place to be.

Hugs,

Jes

#7 Guest_PepsiMama2_*

Guest_PepsiMama2_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2004 - 09:16 PM

Hi Jes,
Nice to meet you and thanks.

I hate to be a pain in the butt, but which board would suggest I start in? And how should I start out?

Peps

#8 Guest_PepsiMama2_*

Guest_PepsiMama2_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2004 - 09:27 PM

I just noticed a "my life" board on the main forum.... would that be a good place for me to start? I can talk a little about other things of me and get to knows others before I just come all out. Maybe???

Peps

#9 moonstar

moonstar
  • smilie addict

Posted 14 February 2004 - 10:16 PM

Any place where you feel comfortable is a good place to start :) My Life and the Fun fourm are pretty light, though serious issues do come up in my life. Read around, sort of get a jist for what you want.

I don't read the my story fourm alot because I find it triggery. THough, I do read in my life, my voice, fun, and debates pretty often. (I don't post in debates, but very rarely though.) Chat is a good place to get to talk to people better.

I hope you find Pandy's supportive and helpful.

Take your time, you aren't under any time restrictions here,

Crystal Anne

#10 JoviBlaze

JoviBlaze
  • I got soul, but I'm not a soldier

Posted 15 February 2004 - 02:48 AM

Hi Pepsi  :).

I just wanted to say Welcome and that you can post where ever you feel comfortable. If you want to post your story then I would go to "My Story". Or you can start out by just replying to some threads in "My Voice". Whatever makes you feel comfortable. "My Life" is kinda for more off-topic stuff, but you can certainly post here. Sorry about the other board you were on, what's great about this place is that we never judge anyone. I hope you like it here and if you need anything you can PM me.
~Olivia~ (who really needs to get off the computer now   :D)

#11 Guest_PepsiMama2_*

Guest_PepsiMama2_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2004 - 03:29 AM

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you for your help and suggestions.

Peps

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.