A happy section

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 happy penguin

happy penguin
  • holding out for sunshine, lollipops and happy bunnies

Posted 14 February 2004 - 05:52 AM

hi,

this is only a suggestion- it is by no means a criticism. No offence meant.

but can we have some kind of happy section where people are only allowed to post positive things? its just that i would say i was quite far along with my healing but i find some of the message titles (and messages) so negative and depressing. its not that i am saying people should be happy, nor am i denying the reality of the rape aftermath. i'm just saying that being positive and trying to be positive got me out of my dark hole and i think it might help others. I hope this doesn't sound lame, but it might be nice for people on the board to have a refuge on the board which is truly positive, and I would welcome a section which is slightly 'puppies, hugs and flowers' orientated. I often find myself avoiding the board because of the (understandable) negativity and i would like to not have to do that.

The 'real life' or 'reclaiming our lives' section don't really accomodate this because people still discuss the bad things in their lives (of course they do, that is why they come to the board)- but perhaps if people are encouraged to find the positive (because no matter at what stage you are in your healing i do believe there are some positives somewhere).

What do you think?

#2 The_Moderators

The_Moderators

Posted 14 February 2004 - 09:23 AM

Check out the fun forum :)

#3 happy penguin

happy penguin
  • holding out for sunshine, lollipops and happy bunnies

Posted 14 February 2004 - 09:41 AM

sorry-should have been more precise. i meant a positive things about healing section. i don't feel the fun section covers that although sometimes people do post positive healing things.

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.