• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 sdia84

sdia84
  • "Strap yourself in and feel the G's!"

• Contributing Member

Posted 26 September 2009 - 04:51 PM

*Possible Triggers*

A couple years ago, I was just beginning to scratch the surface of my rape and its after-effects...only, I didn't understand anything that I was going through...I thought I was going crazy when I would have triggers (I didn't even know there was a word for them until I saw it on Pandys), nightmares, flashbacks, rage, the works...I was going through a difficult time personally, as my fiance worked two jobs, I was unemployed and just had myself to myself all day and deep into the night until my fiance returned home...I was alone with my thoughts. Alcohol became my crutch, and I was going through nearly a half liter a day. I figured if I was drunk enough that if I got triggered, it wouldn't bother me so much. I became severely depressed and even started making plans about what I would do if it ever got to be "too much." It was at this time that by some chance of fate that I stumbled across Pandys. I can never quite put to words what it meant to me to see this site and to read everyone's posts. From the get-go, I felt so accepted and welcomed and loved. I didn't even have to post...just reading other people's threads was so therapeutic and wonderful. After being on the site for awhile, I was inspired to go to counseling. I opened up more to my fiance and I stopped feeling like I had to end my life.

I'm not saying that I'm perfect today. I still feel like I need to go back to therapy to work really hard on some pressing issues that keep coming up related to my rape, and I still haven't always been able to open up and tell my fiance when something's bothering me...but considering that I was standing on the edge of the abyss before joining Pandys and that now I'm back in school, looking toward the future, and feeling happier...I just can't thank Pandys and all its members enough.

So, I guess what I like most about Pandys is that it saved my life. Thank you, thank you, thank you a million times over.

Much love, Stephanie

#62 Goddess-of-Fate

Goddess-of-Fate

Posted 24 January 2010 - 06:48 AM

SoyHermosa_Brittan - sounds like you have grown so much and taken like a thousand steps! Aswell as really good support and having a safe space here on Pandys - I feel the same :)

#63 gizmo2

gizmo2

Posted 21 February 2010 - 03:27 PM

i love pandys because everyone are so supportive and wonderful. because it is safe. because i can pour out my emtions and not have to worry anout being embarased.

#64 Tinka

Tinka
  • Primary Survivor

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:32 PM

As a new member, what I like about Pandy is that there's a wide variety of wonderful topics available for members to visit and comment on. :thumbsup:

#65 JacquiLeigh

JacquiLeigh
  • A new outlook on life.

Posted 06 August 2011 - 06:19 AM

I like how Pandy's lets me feel open. My first post was hard, but this place has helped me go from trying to help someone else to validating my own experiences. I was using this site to help me support my boyfriend, but today it was about me. I had the worst day I've had in a very long time, breaking down all over the place. After work I sat at my computer and just started reading on here and posting. I realized today that I finally have a place I feel safe. That's a good feeling!

#66 pixie

pixie

Posted 04 September 2011 - 09:44 PM

That when I come here - I feel like I am home.

Pixie

#67 starq

starq
  • jellytot

• Contributing Member

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:42 AM

I love everything about pandys!!!! Posted Image

i like how i can say things here that i could and may never be able to share anywhere else
i like how people here do not judge me only support me
i like if i am having an off day, week, month thats ok
i like how there is no pressure
i like how pandys makes me feel like part of a family, like i belong

there are lots of other reasons too!

LOVE YOU PANDYS!!! :)

#68 lucy

lucy
  • Taking my mask off and trying to like who I see in the mirror

• Section Moderator

Member Away

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:22 AM

Pandy's is just an amazing place to belong to, it is such a nice safe place where not only can you talk about things that are so personal but also to have fun and talk to like minded people

Thank everyone for making Pandys so safe!
Lucy

#69 beckilucy

beckilucy

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:01 AM

i dont know why i cant start a new topc

#70 Lilit

Lilit

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:53 PM

I am new here and the first thing I thought when I started reading the threads was - I am normal! There are people here that feel just like me and that was a big relief. I also feel that I'm welcomed and safe. And I don't even need to comment, just reading the threads here is so therapeutic.

This is why I LOVE Pandys :)

#71 wish_upon_a_star

wish_upon_a_star
  • Ne Ne

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:56 PM

The best thing about Pandys is that no matter what happened, no one ever questions the significance of your experience

#72 blondie2002

blondie2002
  • I'm Awesome. Section Moderator 4mylife.

• Section Moderator

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:52 PM

I feel safe and supported.

#73 jdam

jdam
  • My heart still fluttersby...

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:58 AM

Mostly because people here 'get it' as sad it makes me feel to know that other's have walked in my shoes, it's comforting to know I am not alone.

#74 highhat

highhat

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:43 AM

pandy's I find is my way out supplementing help from psychologist. not many people I can link with in my area who been thru it, not even an actual support group in person so pandy's is I find empowering for our esteem. relieved there is such a support group for this kind which as i previously found online is big in other parts of the world. I like being able to read any thread without being in an order and I feel :) from reading messages as a way of reassurance and recently the explicit comments in some posts gets me laughing as treading on the r***** so he dwindles to a delicate wafer which sooo easily crumbles :D also pandy's is available year round and 24 hrs. online support groups beats crisis helplines as the people talking to u give u ways out on the helplines but u make the steps to redeem yaself, Yeh I know redeeming ourselves is the goal but here online, I get to know people with a 'common ground' and virtual friendships enriching better than Facebook where people aren't always connected online.

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.