Photo

What do you like about Pandys?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#31 Hales

Hales
  • Walking tall against the rain

Posted 31 January 2008 - 07:09 AM

Every single little bit of this place I love! - I second everything that has already been said before myself because it is all so very true.
I'm so glad that I have been able to be a member here and give back to this community by being part of the staff.
I love how everyone here is always so supportive and understanding. Here I feel like I can be myself without having to pretend.
This place has shown me that I am much more than I thought I ever was and has create friendships that will last forever.
I'm sad that a place like this has to exist and by being part of team welcome I seee how many people pass through the pandys doors - but if any of those new members get/find just the smallest bit of what I have by being here, then I'm so happy that we can all find support and comfort and make it through all of this together.
Endless love and support to all of you out there :)

Tawny

#32 janie2280

janie2280

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:44 AM

I'm sure I'll repeat some of the things already said.
What do I like about Pandys?

I like how open, welcoming, and generous the people here are.
I like how organized the moderators have made it and how they keep us safe.
I like that I can ask for help, for a hug, for comfort.
I like that someone will admit that they are confused, that they can't relate but care, that they are thinking of you.
I like that people reach out. They read your posts and send you a hello, let you know you can vent.
I like that we give support even when we are struggling.
I like that the things you voice, your pain, your struggles, help me with my healing.
I absolutely love that we are all working together to give each other some of the safety and comfort that was taken from us.

#33 lexikat

lexikat

Posted 31 January 2008 - 04:14 PM

I like that:

we're a community where the shine has come off that word sometimes these days.

people at Pandys rarely make assumptions, which I think helps everybody to heal and find their own way.

there's such a generosity of spirit and that folks are very friendly here, and that even with loss or pain we reach out and quietly hold each other.

there's a lot of respect for everybody here, no matter circumstances.

Pandys is in a constant state of flux so that there's always something to get into no matter what your mood or stage of recovery or whatever.

there is openness and acceptance here.

Pandys is fun!!

lexi

#34 schnerd

schnerd

Posted 03 February 2008 - 05:19 AM

I can do this already. I like that as soon as I joined there were people welcoming me and letting me know that Iím not alone. They answered my questions and gave me suggestions. Also, there was no pressure to say anything I didnít want to. I knew I wasnít alone and was with supportive people. Once I started reading posts I saw so many stories I could relate to in some way. And Iíve been a member for about 3 daysÖ

#35 sneecie

sneecie

Posted 04 February 2008 - 01:59 PM

I discovered Pandy's only a few days ago, but I have been very impressed so far. The impression I got from the very beginning was how gentle and tender this site is. I feel very comfortable here already. and it feels safe, too.
I also was very touched by receiving personal e-mail welcome letters from some of the moderators. The beginning line of the site homepage is very moving: "We're sorry you need to be here..." How kind and thoughful a way to welcome people.
Needless to say, I'm grateful, and looking forward to sharing and receiving many healing moments.

#36 halo

halo
  • Survivor

Posted 05 February 2008 - 01:19 AM

That I don't feel scared here.

#37 Maggie

Maggie

Posted 05 February 2008 - 02:35 AM

I like the feeling of being safe, the openess of our discussions and the honesty of our members. Thanks all! :yay:

#38 disconbobulated

disconbobulated
  • After all this has passed, I still will remain

Posted 05 February 2008 - 09:17 AM

- Acceptance
- Being able to speak my truth without being judged
- Understanding
- Support from people who don't even "know" me

#39 broken_angel343

broken_angel343

Posted 12 February 2008 - 06:04 PM

i like how they support you no matter what and don't make you feel guilty about what happened to you.
keep up the good work :yay:

#40 bcandy1029

bcandy1029

Posted 12 February 2008 - 08:33 PM

It let's me know there are other people who know my pain and can comfort me when I feel like there is no one there to hear out my cries. I have only been here for a couple of day, and I feel home, so thanks to all for accepting me for who I am...you all are the best.

#41 sayit

sayit
  • Pulling through the mud to bloom like a lotus flower

Posted 15 February 2008 - 10:34 PM

I like having a space that is just for us. I don't have to worry about how someone will react. I can just be myself. I also like to see that other people have the same kinds of problems that I have (well, I don't like that many people experience this) but I like that I'm not so alone in my experiences. I also like the kindness and support that I see here everyday.

-sayit :butterfly:

#42 sister3

sister3

Posted 13 March 2008 - 10:50 AM

I am both sad and happy that I am not alone. I wish no one ever had to deal with this! However, because this does happen, it is nice to know I am not the first person who ever went through this. Sometimes, I read other people's posts and I feel like they describe my pain or situation word for word. I am almost in disbelief when I realize that these situations produce almost the same emotions no matter who it happens to! The reactions seem so similar! I feel abnormally normal (if that makes sense!) Thank you all for being brave enough to share your stories and feelings. It helps so much!

#43 empath

empath

Posted 13 March 2008 - 11:18 AM

What initially attracted me to Pandy's was that the moderators here don't force people into identifying only as female or male when they sign up here, which is helpful to me, as many others, I'm sure.

Since then, I've met a lot of sincere, kind, helpful people -- people who have the compassion it takes to help me and the openness it takes to ask me to help them. I feel very supported here. What could be more important in a support forum?

#44 sarah86

sarah86

Posted 13 March 2008 - 03:14 PM

It's just safe. I never thought a site could feel just a safe as a physical place. I have a few 'safe' places in my life, and Pandy's is one of them. I log on and I can just exhale and know that this can be okay. I can be okay.

The best rape support board I've found on the web.

#45 Kaylia

Kaylia
  • Finding light in the dark

Posted 19 March 2008 - 04:05 AM

I feel like I matter here.

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.