Photo

What do you like about Pandys?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#16 SurvivingTheStorm

SurvivingTheStorm

Posted 03 October 2007 - 05:48 PM

Everyone just gets it. I don't have to explain things, they just get it

I don't have to pretend to be chipper, I can be downright miserable if I want.

Definite YES on those two! I really get frustrated in real life when I have to explain things over and over again...while I can just come here and I don't have to explain myself, everyone gets it on some level. And I also like it that I don't have to pretend I'm fine, I can just post and say "well guys I feel like sh*t can I have some hugs?"

I love Pandy's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

#17 Barbibear

Barbibear

Posted 03 October 2007 - 07:37 PM

Im pretty new on here and I can't tell you how refreshing it is to be able to say what i'm feeling. Not be afraid that someone is going to point a finger at me and say..."well maybe you were somehow asking for it"...or some such nonsense. I love being able to relate, I like that I feel safe and I like the hope that this board brings to me. To know that there is all kinds of people here sharing this common theme, we all help eachother!

Its a great place!

#18 Katy

Katy
  • Life is understood backwards, but must be lived forwards.

• Contributing Member

Posted 24 October 2007 - 11:01 AM

I like being able to be myself.

#19 slinky_chix

slinky_chix

Posted 25 October 2007 - 07:39 AM

I feel COMFORTABLE which is a big thing for me as I get real self conscious about my problems a lot of times. Everyone is so cool...

#20 maleria11

maleria11

Posted 25 October 2007 - 05:14 PM

while every situation is unique...i like feeling that i am not alone.

#21 Joeybee

Joeybee

Posted 26 October 2007 - 06:11 PM

It is so genuinley friendly and warm and supportive here. I feel relaxed, I feel like I am safe and I can take my time, I can be myself. Really Pandy's is like a big warm fluffy blanket that I can snuggle up in when things get rough!
Thanks to all the wonderful people on here who have helped make this place what it is.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

#22 disconbobulated

disconbobulated
  • After all this has passed, I still will remain

Posted 31 October 2007 - 01:26 PM

The simple fact that, for the first time in my ENTIRE life, I can be open and not feel ashamed about what I need to talk about.

#23 fyonah

fyonah

Posted 15 November 2007 - 11:21 PM

i've had a big problem with people not understanding that partner rape is still rape, and nobody at pandy's is going to tell me that because i was his gf, he had my consent by default.

everybody here is so sweet and loving ((((((((((everyone))))))))))

pandy's reminds me that i'm not alone, and that it's normal for me to feel the way i do

there's always somebody to talk to; i can automatically have a friend when i need one

pandy's helps me understand my healing process, even when i confuse myself so much i feel like a nuclear bomb and i could just explode or vaporize or something

thanks everyone, just for being here :wub:

#24 so*city*girl

so*city*girl

Posted 28 November 2007 - 02:12 AM

I'm so scared to talk to anybody else because of such terrible experiences with therapy and talking to friends. And I could never imagine phoning a local hotline and actually having to formulate words, because sometimes the tears and emotion get to be too much to even form logical sentences around. At least on here, if you get worked up you can stop typing and continue another time, because it all needs to eventually get out.

#25 SurvivingTheStorm

SurvivingTheStorm

Posted 05 December 2007 - 12:32 PM

I don't have to worry about being judged here. :)

#26 halo

halo
  • Survivor

Posted 05 December 2007 - 12:48 PM

People believe me. You have no idea how much that means after being told over and over that I was lying about being abused.

#27 Daphne

Daphne

Posted 06 December 2007 - 07:27 PM

- I feel safe when I'm on Pandy's, it's a place I retreat to when things are really bad, or I'm confused or scared, or panicky.
- There are so many people who can relate to what I'm feeling or experiencing
- It's a part of my safety plan that I can access almost anywhere in the world if I need it.
- It's a good supplement to the work I'm doing in T. -- they go hand in hand together
- I have no reason to feel embarrassed or ashamed when I'm on Pandy's.
- It's the only place besides in counselling that I can be myself and let my mask come off.
- I don't feel crazy or stupid for the things that I'm experiencing.
- It's the only place besides counselling that I can talk about my experiences or the way I'm feeling - even though I haven't been able to tell any parts of the story
- I don't feel judged.
- There's so many safe hugs :)
- It doesn't matter how young or old you are, everyone's truly welcomed at Pandy's.
- It's so well-run and the Mods do an amazing job of keeping us safe
- I feel supported here
I know there's tons more but that's my list for now.
THANKS SO MUCH PANDY'S AND ALL THE MODS AND MEMBERS THAT HAVE MADE PANDY'S WHAT IT IS TODAY.
Daphne

#28 SurvivingTheStorm

SurvivingTheStorm

Posted 30 January 2008 - 06:59 PM

:hug:

Edited by SurvivingTheStorm, 30 January 2008 - 07:01 PM.

#29 Janet49

Janet49
  • Janet49

Posted 30 January 2008 - 07:30 PM

It is so wonderful to have this place to turn to anytime of day or night.
I am not glad that we've all experienced SA, but I'm glad we've found each other.
People understand.
The moderators keep it well-organized and safe.
It is just a wonderful gift!

#30 dora

dora
  • Inactive Member

Posted 30 January 2008 - 08:35 PM

Many of the things that have been said already...

It is my safe haven.
It is grounding because Pandys has become familiar over the years... whatever else has gone on or wherever I have been... Pandys has been there constant in the background.
24 hours a day.... so if I am struggling at night when people aren't around irl... there's a place to go.
I know I won't be judged.
People here *get it* in a way that many people irl don't seem to.
I don't feel like a freak for my thoughts and feelings and reactions. I have learned they are common in survivors and I'm not "crazy" for it.
There are people here all various stages in their healing journeys and so there is inspiration as well as relating. I see how people can and do heal and make good lives for themselves.
I get to "test run" expressing things in T, things I am scared or ashamed to say, I can post it here first as an interim step.... and learn that the world doesn't end if I tell. And there are people who understand, and people who have experience the same or similar.
There are all sorts of different people here. Different countries, faiths, experiences, interests, talents, ages, points of view, so I get a wider sense of possibilities and how it is okay to be an individual and everyones path and healing are unique.
I can be distressed and not have well-meaning people trying to quickly "cheer me up" but who are willing to sit with me in the rough times and offer gentle support. I don't have to pretend.
I am reassured that what I feel and go through is "normal" and bad phases don't mean I am going backwards.
Gives me an alternative to the harsh and unhealthy views around me irl. Helps to counter the negativity and nastiness around me.
I don't know how to put it.... but I have always found Pandys to be a place of optimism and healing, rather than a consolidation of pain (happens in some forums)
Though that sounds hypocritical given how negative and pessimistic I have been at times in the past!
:wub:

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.