Posted 11 October 2004 - 03:37 AM

hit this link for several sleep-related articles

#77 Star of the Sea

Star of the Sea
  • Proctosaurus Rex

• Contributing Member

Posted 16 October 2004 - 04:20 PM

er moo here,

this isn't as helpful as Lou's link...but as a sheep I just couldn't resist posting this. :rolleyes: what can i say? :blush:

Sheep Art for Insomniacs

good luck sleeping and sweet dreams,

moo

P.S. Ayelet's a chronic member of this club. things that have helped in the past...herbal teas. making her bedroom more wecoming and comforting... getting a sleep lamp... lavendar mist spray... good night massage cream. (also with lavendar) writing out what's on her mind so she can try to let go of it enough to sleep.

Edited by Star of the Sea, 16 October 2004 - 04:25 PM.

#78 Kirstin

Kirstin
  • Rise Up, O Flame!

Posted 16 October 2004 - 05:36 PM

Clubs I'd rather not join..... oh well.

I'm currently on a COCKTAIL of sleep meds, Ativan, Trazodone, and Risperdal (that one's technically an anti-psychotic, but it works for anxiety related problems, too) and I'm still sleeping all day and up all night if I'm not really careful.

Caitlin

#79 Phoenix84

Phoenix84

Posted 21 October 2004 - 06:39 PM

heya, new member joining insomniac's.....

i'm in the UK so thinking the time zones may be a little out for all you american's, but it's gettin late here and i'm sooooo not sleeping!! anyone else awake and feel like chatting?

a-very-bored-phoenix

#80 angel31

angel31

Posted 22 October 2004 - 04:52 PM

I have trouble sleeping to from anxiety and nightmares of what happened to me. I take a benadryl at night and that helps me to go to sleep.

Lyn

#81 Blue_Dolphin308

Blue_Dolphin308
  • Taking things one step at a time!

Posted 30 October 2004 - 11:35 PM

I know that I need a med adjustment. I am waiting until my Dr. gets in the office on Wednesday. I have not been able to sleep well for the last couple of weeks. Hopefully she changes or up's my meds.

Ladybass

#82 Nikee

Nikee
  • Too many stars and not enough sky...

Posted 28 November 2004 - 03:02 AM

I took Tylenol PM and Night time cough medicine (I know that can't be healthy) four hours ago and I'm still writting this at 3 a.m.!!! Argh! I'm so bored right now. I've just watched three f*cking hours of South Park and now it's just infomarcials. Maybe it's time I look into perscription meds.

#83 BrokenAngel_90

BrokenAngel_90
  • A proud Newfie!! :D

Posted 12 December 2004 - 08:20 AM

Hey everyone,

I read most of the responses here, but not all of them....

There's a couple of suggestions I have but I don't know if they were already mentioned or not...

-- Don't go on computer a whole lot during the day, and try not to go on the computer before going to bed, the radiation from the monitor makes you have trouble sleeping(for me anyways)

--believe it or not, masturbating before going to sleep helps really well, I was reading about it on a site for teens, but it helps for adults too!

--and one more thing, sleeping with your head pointed to the north might help too!

hope this helps!
Cassondra xo

#84 einie1

einie1

Posted 27 December 2004 - 06:26 AM

i have that problem with not sleeping so am going to do some of the things you sugggest and log on to the dreamcatchers web site so thanks

louise

#85 Nikee

Nikee

Posted 27 December 2004 - 10:57 PM

Does anyone here do yoga? I just started a month ago and have noticed that I go to sleep a lot easier after a yoga session. That strikes me as odd though because I think one of the objectives of yoga is suppose to be more energy. :oo: I just don't know anymore. I'm so sick of my fluxuating sleep habits.

#86 survivor

survivor
  • Trying, as best as I know how

• Contributing Member

Posted 28 December 2004 - 02:12 PM

Kagome,

Yoga is also relaxing, so that could explain why you feel like you can sleep afterwards.

survivor

#87 Nikee

Nikee

Posted 29 December 2004 - 02:38 PM

Kagome,

Yoga is also relaxing, so that could explain why you feel like you can sleep afterwards.

survivor

View Post

That makes sense, I guess I'm just dissapointed because I joined yoga because I wanted some more energy. But I guess you take it where you can get it.

#88 survivor

survivor
  • Trying, as best as I know how

• Contributing Member

Posted 29 December 2004 - 05:32 PM

Kagome,

I have only done relaxing yoga. But I have "heard" the there are different kinds. Some that are more energizing and some that are more calming. (I don't know if that's true, it's just something that I've heard.)

Is Tai Chi (sp?) energizing? I've never done it, but maybe someone here might know.

I have found that exercise that gets me really working in general is energizing.

survivor

#89 Nikee

Nikee

Posted 30 December 2004 - 12:04 AM

Is Tai Chi (sp?) energizing?  I've never done it, but maybe someone here might know.

View Post

I'm not sure, but maybe it's something I should look into. Thanks Survivor. :)

#90 Rala

Rala
  • the randomly crazed aussie

Posted 30 December 2004 - 09:01 AM

heya,

I've had a go at Tai Chi... I found it to be more of a relaxation thing than energising.. quite calming.. though it does help to clear your mind a bit because you tend to zone in on your movements etc, so it can leave you feeling quite fresh in a way..

some more info here if you're interested, you can even get a starter pack to have a go here:

Authentic Tai Chi for Health

xxx rala B)

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.