Photo

The pandy's insomnia club

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#196 carlnov

carlnov

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:35 AM

Oh I so belong to this 3:34 am been up for 23 hour no end in sight.

#197 ready2heal

ready2heal
  • Just me...

Posted 23 July 2009 - 05:43 AM

6:40AM here. been up for about 23 hours and wont get in bed til 11PM at the earliest. will have been 39 hours awake when i go to bed tonight... *sighs*.. sleep is dumb anyways. lol.. jkjk

#198 sandie

sandie

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:57 PM

iv not been to bad this last week or so but now its been 2 nights with no sleep.im so worn out but i just cant sleep. looks like its all starting again.its 5am here an im now having a warm drink to see if that helps. :(

#199 sandie

sandie

Posted 05 August 2009 - 09:53 PM

its almost 5am an iv got so much spinning round my head theres no way i can sleep. :(

#200 Penguin_Chick

Penguin_Chick
  • Lost in the fog

Posted 07 August 2009 - 09:51 PM

I went to bed at midnight, haven't slept at all... been thinking of my ex-GF, and how she acted all capable and stuff when I was in crisis, but inside she was crying, she phoned her Mom and cried down the phone to her... the first time in 20 years, almost... all because I was in trouble.

#201 heartlight

heartlight

Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:38 PM

I've slept two hours each the last two days. Slept one hour the day before. I have to try to at least go lie down.
I have nightmares almost every time I sleep so I resist it even though I have meds.
I think it's time to give in for a bit.
In Peace and Healing,
heart

#202 Viv

Viv
  • Viv

Posted 08 August 2009 - 12:50 AM

OK, my deal is my work schedule. I wish it matched my husband's who has a m-f, day job. I am happy for him, but my schedule changed every week. One day I may work a day shift and the next I work at night. I hate it and it causes me so much grief. For example, I just got home from work about 1 hr ago.

I don't function well without structure. I don't think I have been sleeping normal since highschool and that was 18 yrs ago. A set schedule would be heaven..nice banking hours or something. My schedule now could be defined as chaos, but I have to work and that is that.

As far as caffine goes...well, I love coffee!!! I must have 2 cups to start my day and 2 in the afternoon (unless I substitute this with a tall glass of iced tea) or I am hell to live with. I know...I am making excuses.

Plus, my husband would agree that I am addicted to the internet. I admit I do enjoy this, but it has gotten worse since I found Pandys....but I have felt better mentally than I have in such a long time.

Sleep is nice though and I wish I slept at a more normal time and length of time. It doesn't matter if it is cold or hot in my room, I must be wrapped up in a blanket or a sheet like a cacoon in order to be comfortable. It makes me feel safe and secure. Is anyone else like that?

Sweet dreams to you all and don't let the bed bugs bite.

#203 Guest_deadpie_*

Guest_deadpie_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:07 AM

School started yesterday, and now its two days without sleep. It's hard to work at school when your feeling like a zombie.

I might just attempt to fall asleep in school right now. But itd be wierd having a nightmare in a classroom

#204 Hippiegirl

Hippiegirl
  • Hippiegirl

• Inactive Member

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:40 AM

I hope every one can sleep. I went on a long time. the doctor said it is depression. Your brain does not have enough dopamine, and seratonin. I thought it would go away, but it did not. I take zoloft now and it finally works. I feel so much better, I can sleep 8 hours with the help of ambien. that also take a while to work. You can die without sleep. these jerks (rapists) know what they are doing, thats why they do it in the first place. they are miserable and want everyone else to be also!!!!!

#205 sandie

sandie

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:43 PM

iv worked the last 2night shifts an was unable to sleep in the day an tonight iv got off work an still cant sleep.i feel so worn out i just want to be able to sleep.iv been to bed twice an got back up again. :( ,my mind feels numb,i cant think straight.my eyes are stinging an i feel so dizzy.i hate feeling this way.

#206 MatthewJ123

MatthewJ123
  • Child of the Light

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:53 PM

can never sleep. sleep is the enemy

#207 bleubutterfly

bleubutterfly

Posted 06 October 2009 - 10:23 PM

awake and wishing I was asleep too...i have been home sick recovering from the flu and tomorrow is my first day back at work, and i am in the process of ruining it by being wide awake...aarrgghhh!!!! :o: :blink: :huh:

#208 Viv

Viv
  • Viv

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:17 AM

I wish you all sweet dreams and peaceful sleep tonight. I too have s little trouble sleeping at times. I drink way too much coffee, but I just love it. Let's face it, it isn't only the caffine is it? Sometimes my thoughts just overwhelm me.

#209 MatthewJ123

MatthewJ123
  • Child of the Light

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:31 PM

i had trouble sleeping even when i wasn't drinking coffee or smoking or anything. it just goes to show you.

#210 sandie

sandie

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:37 PM

im sick of not being able to sleep. :( :( :( .im so worn out.why cant i just for once close my eyes an thats it.

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.