Photo

The pandy's insomnia club

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#166 Salvia

Salvia

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:19 AM

For me the problem is early morning waking not getting off to sleep (which I know is an indicator of depression). My sleep has been better recently and I thought I'd think about why. These are the changes I have recently made (or been forced upon me):

I'm off sick from work and so I've had time to do leisure things, I'm currently doing at least 4 walks a week of 5 miles or more. If I was working I'd convince myself I didn't have time to do this. For me, exercising in this way works because I like the outdoors and changing scenery you don't get in the gym and I think the fresh air helps with tiredness.

I've cut down on my alcohol consumption.

I've started reading novels again. Although I recently had to give up on one because my mum gave me a book which is about a rapist (as written from his eyes.) I've stopped reading that one. Thanks a f***ing lot mum!

#167 sandie

sandie

Posted 16 May 2009 - 09:18 PM

:beatsme: im worn out,its 4.20am an i cant sleep again. :oo: i wanna sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#168 Dan

Dan

Posted 17 May 2009 - 07:37 PM

here, active member of insomnia club

#169 sandie

sandie

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:09 PM

my god i wished i could sleep.im so worn out ,its 4 10am now an my 3rd night with noooooooo sleep. :eyebrow: :oo: .

#170 Guest_deadpie_*

Guest_deadpie_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:11 PM

play the ol' bohren and der club of gore jazz albums and see if you can fall asleep

#171 sandie

sandie

Posted 30 May 2009 - 09:27 PM

thank you for your suggestion deadpie.iv tryed all differant kids of relaxing music tonight an nothing seems to help.omg iv tryed allsorts of things.its now the 4th night,its 4.20am an i slept for just over an hour today.think i need to see my gp for meds again but i hate taking them.

#172 allthatglitters

allthatglitters
  • I think I need a sunrise, I'm tired of the sunset

Posted 31 May 2009 - 01:08 AM

Coffee at night + anxiety = hellooooo insomnia! I hope everyone else is sleeping better than me tonight.

#173 Guest_deadpie_*

Guest_deadpie_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2009 - 09:47 AM

its 10:46 AM, i still haven't slept. I tried listening to jazz albums, didn't work.

i herd if you find a real cold spot in your house thats a good place to sleep so i tried sitting in the closet for a couple hours.

#174 Guest_AM_*

Guest_AM_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:05 PM

I need to join the club tonight. It's 4 am and I'm wide awake and have to work at 830 am.

epppp.

#175 sandie

sandie

Posted 01 June 2009 - 04:39 PM

im sorry your struggling with this am.i hope you managed to get some sleep befor work.xx
take good care

#176 dancing_in_pain

dancing_in_pain

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:10 PM

these have helped me at different times, maybe they'll help others too:
a tincture of valerian and hops in hot chamomile tea
deep meditation; deep alpha or light theta
large amount of physical activity
no caffeine or alcohol for hours before bedtime
valium helps with the dreams, but i dont like the dependency...

just a few.. in fact, deep meditation worked for me last night... i slept for 6 hours!!!!!
(((((to everyone)))))
and i hope you get some relaxing sleep!!

#177 sandie

sandie

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:43 PM

4.45am an no sleep again.im so worn out to.even if i could go to sleep now i have to be up at 7am.this is so frustrating. :(

#178 Guest_deadpie_*

Guest_deadpie_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:29 AM

no sleep. 8:29

day 4.

#179 sandie

sandie

Posted 04 June 2009 - 06:47 PM

well thankgod i managed to get some sleep lastnight.4 hours.i never did anything differant to what i normally do i just fell asleep. :) .but tonight im so wide awake there is no chance of any sleep.

#180 maleria11

maleria11

Posted 04 June 2009 - 07:36 PM

i have no problem sleeping in the day time. only in the night time. I just lay there and wait for sleep to come and then come home from work and take a nap.

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.