Being anonymous unintentionally

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Laney

Laney
  • I'll find strength in pain

• Inactive Member

Posted 21 November 2003 - 12:06 PM

I dunno what my computer's problem is.  Sometimes I'm anonymous, sometimes I'm not.  I've cleared my cookies, I've NEVER clicked off the 'do no appear on active user list' (or whatever it says) box.

Why am I not heeeeeeeeeeeeere?

Laney

#2 Lis

Lis
  • ex-patriot

Posted 21 November 2003 - 03:45 PM

Wait... anonymous as in... you don't show up on the active user's list?

#3 Laney

Laney

• Inactive Member

Posted 21 November 2003 - 03:50 PM

exactlyyyyyyy, and I have a moon, not a sun next to my name in my posts.  But only sometimes!

I think my computer is possessed by an evil night-loving gremlin.

Laney

#4 Lis

Lis
  • ex-patriot

Posted 21 November 2003 - 08:43 PM

That's pretty damn random. When it happens, try logging out and then logging back in.

#5 Laney

Laney

• Inactive Member

Posted 21 November 2003 - 08:46 PM

If I log out and in, sometimes I reappear, sometimes I don't.  Whether I ask my computer to remember my info doesn't change it either.  I think I need an exorcism on my PC.

Who do I call for that?

#6 Lis

Lis
  • ex-patriot

Posted 27 November 2003 - 08:37 PM

Ghostbusters?

#7 Laney

Laney

• Inactive Member

Posted 27 November 2003 - 08:58 PM

only if I get to eat the stay-puff marshmallow man.

#8 Lis

Lis
  • ex-patriot

Posted 27 November 2003 - 10:58 PM

Are you using internet explorer? If so - go to Tools/Internet Options. Click the Privacy Tab. What privacy setting are you currently using?

One thing you could try is turning on Autocomplete. Go to Tools/Internet Options. Click the Advanced Tab. At the bottom of the browsing section you can choose "Use inline AutoComplete."

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.