Photo

Incomplete searches

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Lora

Lora
  • Not just "what's left of" anymore

Posted 19 November 2003 - 07:55 AM

I have been having a terrible time using the seacrh fucntion on the new board.  It's tons faster than on the old one, but it usually doesn't return all the results it should.  Yesterday, for instance, I was looking for something I had posted (which meant it was since May of this year, so I selected "this year and later") but wasn't sure which of three forums it was in, and an "all forum" search didn't find it, and neitehr did searching on my username and each of the three forums individually (but when I just paged through teh forum posts, I found the thread with no problem).

Just wondering if there's something I'm missing or if the search function is just squirrely.

Lora

#2 Guest_golden lady_*

Guest_golden lady_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2003 - 08:23 AM

I had the same thing happen to me, but I thought that maybe I had messed up. Now I'm wondering too.

Barbara

#3 Crystal

Crystal
  • Diet Coke Addict

Posted 19 November 2003 - 10:21 AM

I've also had this happen as well.

#4 Cathy

Cathy
  • Contributing Member

Posted 19 November 2003 - 04:43 PM

I've had the same thing happen to me...I was looking for a thread and decided to use the search function since I'm lazy.  It didn't come up when I typed in my name and searched by user, but it came up when I somehow remembered the title of the thread and searched for it that way.  I thought maybe it was just me.  Glad I'm not alone.

Cathy

#5 Laney

Laney
  • I'll find strength in pain

• Inactive Member

Posted 19 November 2003 - 07:26 PM

I had similar issues when trying to find a post by someone.  Rather than use the search function, I used the 'sort' function at the bottom of the forum I was looking in.  I sorted by topic starter.  It arranges them alphabetically.  Very handy if you aren't sure of the title.

:)

Laney

#6 noname

noname
  • Sufficiently Rebellious (creative and studious)

Posted 20 November 2003 - 02:50 AM

I'll have to try this Laney - thanks.

Because I've had problems with incomplete searches as well.

n.

#7 Lora

Lora
  • Not just "what's left of" anymore

Posted 20 November 2003 - 05:03 AM

Excellent suggestion, Laney!  I hadn't even noticed the sort option!

Lora

#8 Shannon

Shannon
  • be the hero of your story

• Administrator

Posted 20 November 2003 - 10:27 AM

Nice suggestion, Laney.

I honestly dont know what's up with the incomplete searches. Very weird. I'll check the IB support forums and see what I can come up with.

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.