Photo

The pm e-mail thing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 moonstar

moonstar
  • smilie addict

Posted 22 October 2003 - 07:45 PM

Who is the sender on the adress to the e-mail when you recieve a PM in your inbox? Because the From for all the PM's I have recieved have been diffrent. If I send a pm to someone, does my e-mail come up as the sender of a PM in someone elses inbox? (if that makes sense) Thanks

Crystal Anne

#2 Cathy

Cathy
  • Contributing Member

Posted 22 October 2003 - 07:57 PM

Yes it does, Crystal Anne.  Unfortunately, as of the last time I inquired about it, there was no way to fix that except to get a new email account that you don't mind everyone you pm having.

Cathy

#3 Shannon

Shannon
  • be the hero of your story

• Administrator

Posted 22 October 2003 - 08:27 PM

I found a hack to fix this. I'm going to try it out right now.
It's a security breach in the program, and I agree that it's no good.

Shannon

#4 Shannon

Shannon
  • be the hero of your story

• Administrator

Posted 22 October 2003 - 08:49 PM

Yeah, I just tried to hack it but broke the board. I'll try again sometime.

Shannon

#5 moonstar

moonstar
  • smilie addict

Posted 22 October 2003 - 09:12 PM

I think you might want to make an annoucement about that...cuz I sorta was worried about it and I don't mind people having that e-mail address. :
Thanks for trying to fix it though ^_^

Crystal Anne

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.