Guideline 10 & question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2003 - 10:49 PM

10.) For survivors, all forums are open.  This is board is meant to be supportive of survivors and their supporters.  However, some survivors require privacy when discussing details related to abuse or assault.  Thus, we'd like to keep certain forums for survivors only.  Please inform one of the moderators if you are a supporter so you can be given access to the appropriate forums.

Hi I am the wife of a male survivor and foster mother of three boys, all of survivors.

I wanted to let you know so you could set my access right, but also I have some concerns and questions to put forth about the boys and their recovery. Where would I put those at?

I'm looking for people to talk with and share. I'm up 6 nights out of 7 with one of the boys who is afraid to go to sleep and I just need some help!!

Thank you,
M

#2 Cathy

Cathy
  • Contributing Member

Posted 21 October 2003 - 06:15 AM

briteofnite,

Towards the top (if it's not at the top) of the index page there is a forum called "Surviving Together."  That's the forum for secondary survivors to post about issues and such.  (It's also open to survivors who are more than willing to help out and answer questions and such to the best of their ability).  Welcome to the board!

Cathy

#3 Shannon

Shannon
  • be the hero of your story

• Administrator

Posted 21 October 2003 - 06:29 AM

Thank you for letting us know :) You are now in the group "secondary survivor" and Cathy was exactly right - check out "surviving together."

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2003 - 08:10 AM

Thank you so much for you help! I'll come back later to check out some past posts and introduce myself better!

Off to get the boys all fed and dressed.

Thanks,
M

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.