Total members

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_711Liz_*

Guest_711Liz_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2003 - 02:11 PM

I noticed at the bottom of the board where it says

Pandora's Aquarium welcomes our newest member fireshadow413 making a total of 725 registered members.

that the total number is different from what it showed before something like 4900+.  Does anyone know why that might be?  Just curious.  Love, Liz

#2 Shannon

Shannon
  • be the hero of your story

• Administrator

Posted 19 October 2003 - 02:14 PM

Hi Liz,

We had an enormous member prune. What that means is that all members (who had not signed on since the upgrade) were asked to validate their membership by email. About 600 did so. Those who did not were pruned, and their data was removed from the database. If they simply missed the email, they can just re-register and be back on Pandy's.

So what it basically means is that the board now has 700 members who WANT to be here, rather than 4,000 who signed up three years ago but haven't been back since.

I think it's a good thing :)

:bee:
Shannon

#3 Guest_711Liz_*

Guest_711Liz_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2003 - 02:32 PM

Thanks, Shannon.  That makes sense.  I thought it might have something to do with the new board.  Your explanation made it very clear.  Thanks again for all that you mods do.  Love, Liz

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.