Photo

Why...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cira

Cira
  • One Girl Army

Posted 14 October 2003 - 11:11 AM

...can't I resize my pic in the "Who Am I Talking To" thread?  It will post it fine, if I don't try to resize it, but it's HUGE, and if I try to make it smaller, it won't work.  :oops:

And it's not the code, b/c I just tested it on another board, and it works fine there.   ???

#2 Laney

Laney
  • I'll find strength in pain

• Inactive Member

Posted 14 October 2003 - 12:19 PM

How are you trying to resize the image?  If you are resizing it in DreamWeaver, it just resizes it on the page you upload, it doesn't change the actual file.  

I know some forums auto-size large images, maybe that is why it worked somewhere else?

If you resize it in a graphic program, and then re-upload to your server, it should post the smaller size.

Laney

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2003 - 02:05 PM

Another pic related question... is there a way to get the board to support .png format? I personally like png better than jpg, but for some reason, the board won't let me post any pics that are png.

Thanks

(((((hugs)))))

Kristen

#4 Cira

Cira
  • One Girl Army

Posted 14 October 2003 - 02:27 PM

I would fail utterly at trying to explain my resizing issues, so I will stop being lazy and just resize the darn things in Photoshop.   :;):

I was more curious than anything.  iB code looks the same as UBBC code in all regards as far as I can see.  I guess I assumed it was exactly the same, but I must be wrong, b/c otherwise the resizing should work.  

Told you I would fail at explaining that.  :upside:

#5 Laney

Laney
  • I'll find strength in pain

• Inactive Member

Posted 14 October 2003 - 06:30 PM

Kristen,

I'm not sure, but are you trying to post it using the boards built in image function?  Perhaps that only recognizes .jpg files.  Try hitting the Code button and using old fashioned html to link to the image.

I dunno if it'll work but it might be worth the try.

Laney

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.