Posting about Leaving the Board

Shannon

Hi all,

We've noticed that in recent years there has been an increase in the amount of members who post that they are leaving the board but then do not. They are often greatly missed and people feel a loss in seeing that member go - people form strong friendships and bonds here and their emotions are affected by your decisions.

If a member posts that he or she is leaving the board indefinitely, his or her account will be placed on inactive guest status and will lose access to the private forums (your posts and messages will not be deleted). If you decide at some point that you would like to return, you can contact the moderators at admin@pandys.org and request reinstatement of your account.

This does not apply to members who have to leave temporarily for vacations, moving, loss of internet, or simply to take a break. This applies to members who post or express their intentions to leave indefinitely. It is not fair for board members to hear that a member is leaving and be forced to process any resulting emotions only to find out that the member hasn't actually left. If you would like your account deleted when you leave, rather than placed on inactive status, we will follow your request once it's been confirmed.

hi shannon,

i sent you a pm about this. i don't really think that as it stands it's such a good idea. hope you'll understand my concerns and not be offended by them in any way, best wishes,

margie

We're not offended, but we aren't going to change this rule. We've seen people post that they are leaving, only to either stay or return after a few days of absence, which can be very upsetting and confusing to other members. If a member posts that he or she is leaving, we're simply changing their status to inactive, which can be remediated if the member decides to return.

I am closing this - as stated in the Board Rules, mod decisions are not open for debate. However, if you have any concerns or questions you are encouraged to PM us :)

Archived