Photo

Sleep Tips?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 starbabee

starbabee

Posted 09 April 2008 - 11:32 PM

These are all great suggestions! I've had bouts of insomnia myself, but I learned a trick that works for me sometimes that I didn't see above, so thought I'd share...

You start by visualizing yourself on the top of a staircase of 100 stairs - (it can be made of wood, stone or whatever else you imagine.) Take a deep inhale, then exhale and feel youself going down to the next stair and count it to yourself - 99. Take another deep breath, and go down to 98. Keep going, and as you go, you should feel more relaxed. If you get sidetracked and let in thoughts that distract you, start at the top and try again. Make sure to take a full breath between stairs.

I don't remember ever making it past the 40s.

Sweet dreams!

#17 blondie2002

blondie2002
  • I'm Awesome. Section Moderator 4mylife.

• Section Moderator

Posted 04 May 2008 - 10:55 PM

I've been wondering about:sleep:ing tips too, thanks for the suggestions. However, I have a question: What if your bed-room is the cause of your anxity? :tear: :confused:

Edited by blondie2002, 19 May 2008 - 07:37 PM.

#18 joan_pnw_1962

joan_pnw_1962
  • JoanSmith

Posted 15 May 2008 - 01:40 AM

For me, a sound machine just making white noise works for me.

#19 FitGirl

FitGirl
  • I refuse to let you destroy me!

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:18 PM

For me the only way to get to sleep at night is to workout during the day. I just don't get tired enough unless I've been physically active.

The other thing I'm looking into is getting a decent mattress. Memorial day sales here I come.

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.