Photo

Who Deserves to Be Here?

• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

#61 pandoraspal26

pandoraspal26
  • Secondary Survivor

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:19 PM

I agree with you all, EVERYONE has the right to be here. Each of us in our own way, need to heal. It is hard for everyone. I am just a supporter, but rape has affected our family. I think the hardest part for me is seeing what is going on. We have alot of pain in our family, but in different ways. I don't know what to do. My mom tries to help and be their for my step-sister, but she shuts my mom out. Then at school, she tells lies about what is really happening. Things that are serious, but she acts like it's no big deal. They are not thing to lie about or joke about because they are so serious. I mean like telling people she doesn't eat. We come home and she eats twice as much as everyone else does. Is this even healthy? or is it because she wants attention? I am so sorry for what happened, and we are there for her, but she acts fine at home and shuts us out. Then i heard one day her telling a teacher her mom don't care about her and blames her for it, which is a BIG LIE. This hurts my mom because she really wants to help her, bu :( t she is making it very difficult. These are just some things thats going on and I don't know what to do.

#62 tinkertots

tinkertots

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:46 AM

:D Thank You So Much For That!

Its So Nice To Join Somewhere, Where People Understand What Your Going Through!
I Always Think To Myself...Eeee Was It My Fault, But Reading That Has Helped Me Alot :)

Everyone Take Care
xxx

(((Hannah)))

#63 rahabu

rahabu

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:42 AM

:yay:hello thanx alot for that!!i desperately needed to hear that.as a child sexual abuse survivor it feels really good to know that what am feeling.the self-doubt is all to real and that i do deserve to be here.thanx again!!!! :yay: :yay:

#64 autumndestiny

autumndestiny

Posted 29 July 2008 - 11:10 AM

Thank you so much. I was sexually molested by my cousin for about 6 months when I was in the 10th grade. I'll go more into that in a separate thread about my story. Just a few days ago I was raped by a guy that I didn't really know... I have so many mixed feelings about it and didn't know where to turn... so I turned here.

#65 janinebignell

janinebignell

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:42 PM

Hello everybody..
I am new to this site and would just like to say that I am here literally for some support regarding my issues. I don't feel completely confident in discussing this completely just yet, but I can say that I am a victim, in need of healing. I have suffered from sexual abuse since the age of 11 and have suffered multiple rapes (one with two guys only 2 months ago) and sexual/physical abuse. I am finding it extremely difficult to piece a couple of these incidents together in my mind so have decided to join this site. Thank you for giving us a safe haven to share our thoughts.

#66 javjo

javjo

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:15 PM

Thanks, Jes. Just beginning to realize that I deserve to heal and that I can heal!

#67 danboycfh

danboycfh
  • Secondary Survivor

Posted 13 August 2008 - 02:11 PM

That was a great post , i joined up so i can help someone ive really cared about for a long time . She is to afraid to deal with counceling right now and i know you cant force anyone to do anything . So i been searching for other alternatives that might be easier , so she can start healing from this . I think this site might really help her if she decides to check it out , it seems to be helping a lot of people on here , including myself to understand better . You guys and girls are all very brave , and there is nothing stronger then the human spirit . I wish everyone the best , and all the love and support they need .

#68 Maiya

Maiya

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:00 AM

Thank you for this. I hesitated in joining at first because as you say my abuse was not severe--I was young, yes, but both times it was nonopenetrative. Thank you, for making me realize I deserve to be here too.

#69 sch3645

sch3645

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:27 AM

thank you so much.. after reading this i felt a lot better.. i've been putting the blame of what happened on me.. and i felt like why should i be upset when i did this to myself (when i was r*ped i was either extremely intoxicated because i blacked out completely or i was drugged because the guy who did it was the one pouring me drinks.. i don't know yet because it happened a month ago and the test results from when i went to the hospital aren't back) but i just felt like i let myself get into the situation for going to the party and all of that and after reading that it helped me so much because i deserve to heal.. what happened sucked and i shouldn't let it control my life.. its a bit early to even think of being recovered fully.. its only been a month.. but i know one day i will and just reading that and reaffirming in my mind that i am allowed to heal and to have feelings and emotions about what happened help.. so thank you.

#70 Kayce

Kayce

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:11 AM

Thank you very much for posting this

#71 mojo71

mojo71
  • CSA survivor

Posted 24 September 2008 - 03:42 AM

just a quick note to say THANKS SOOOOOOOOO MUCH i have been struggling recently and need a boost so came back to pandy's to find the support i needed and as ever found something that helped

it never ceases to amaze me how what i need to get me back on track and healing i find here

thanks again

jo

#72 FlyingOnBrokenWings

FlyingOnBrokenWings

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:48 PM

Thanks for posting this. It's amazing how you hit so many things that I needed to hear specifically. I have had people tell me that I made the choice to be raped because I was walking alone, on my college campus, at night. While I know it's not true, I had heard those words and said, "Maybe their right, I was wrong. And if that's the case, I don't deserve to heal. I should deal with this for the rest of my life." I see now how wrong that thinking is. I did nothing to deserve to be raped - and I do deserve healing and I do deserve to be supported. Thanks so much! I hope I can offer support as much as I've already received it here. :)

#73 jrpunk69

jrpunk69

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:42 PM

hi i want to post so i can chat i deserve to be here.

#74 Reese13

Reese13
  • Nick Jonas's future wifey!!

• Banned

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:52 PM

What if you are still being raped? Do I still deserve to heal? (I don't think so)

#75 Sasha

Sasha
  • worthless object of pity

• Chatterator

Posted 06 January 2009 - 06:42 PM

yes Reese if you are still being raped you deserve to be here and to heal. i'm glad that you had the courage to join. You deserve as much support as anyone else.

love

Sasha

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.