Photo

If You Were My Sister or Brother...

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#91 michaeljoseph

michaeljoseph
  • M Member

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:02 PM

If you were my sister or brother, I would share with you HOPE, JOY, KINDNESS, LOVE, UNDERSTANDING, EMPATHY, MUTUAL SADNESS, LAUGHTER, and anything else that would help.

I would let you know that you are wonderful and I love you great deal because you are the best brother or sister I could ask for.

#92 Innocence

Innocence

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

Good idea, I think this is a great exercise and this will be my first post as well.

If you were my sister, or my brother, I would just hold you close, wipe your tears and let you know I'm here for you unconditionally. I would tell you that what's happened to you is not okay but is certainly in no way your fault. What was done to you is not a reflection of you, and does not define who you are now. I would tell you that you're special and unique, just like every body else, and I would mean that from the bottom of my heart. You have so much to offer, compassion and empathy and the ability to make great changes in this world because you have witnessed its evils. I would do my best to convince you that the world is not always such a dark place and people are not all so selfish and cruel. Don't be afraid to love or be loved. And don't be afraid to trust yourself or others. You are worthy of love, and you are worthy of trust. Whether you were abused as a child, or an adult, I would advise you to look within yourself and find your inner child and tell him/her all the same things. Tell them over and over, until they believe it. When you wake up in the morning, and before you sleep at night. Tell them a million times throughout the day if that's what it takes. Find that child and hold them, validate their feelings and help them move on. Tell them they are loved and that it was never their fault. Tell them they are special and make them aware of their potential and of their worth. If taking out a photo of your young self and looking at it and talking to it helps then just do it.These things are what they need to hear and deserve to know.

Edited by Innocence, 05 October 2012 - 06:40 PM.

#93 Innocence

Innocence

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

Knowthyself101, that brought tears to my eyes, just so lovely and honest. Good job, it was tough to write my piece too but I think it was healthy. So glad I found this site I think its going to help :)

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.