Photo

If You Were My Sister or Brother...

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#61 miire

miire
  • And I can see my progress, stretch out for miles!

• Contributing Member

Posted 29 April 2007 - 11:22 AM

If you were my sister I would hug you and hold your hand, I would tell that it was not your fault and now you have to ask for help. I would tell you that it's okay to feel sad, to grieve, to feel angry, to feel depressed, that you don't have to feel better until you want to. I would tell you that I admire you for talking about your experience.

Miire

#62 kateENC

kateENC

Posted 09 June 2007 - 03:24 PM

I love this thread.
x

#63 blondie2002

blondie2002
  • I'm Awesome. Section Moderator 4mylife.

• Section Moderator

Posted 09 June 2007 - 10:13 PM

I'd tell you not to be scared. :tear:

#64 lilyvanilla

lilyvanilla

Posted 10 June 2007 - 05:21 AM

aww this is so lovely. now i'm crying................i did yesterday as well, during my mom's concert. she's in a chorus.

anyway.

it's sort of like a village, or a big, blended family.

If you were my sister/brother/cousin/friend/etc........

I would ask if you wanted to talk and respect your answer. I would ask if it was ok if I held you, hugged you. I would let you cry, or sleep. I would wrap the blankets around you as you slept and made tea when you woke up. I would tell you that I acknowledge your feelings and that it's ok to have these feelings.

#65 Sadie

Sadie
  • Is Way Cool

• Contributing Member

Posted 10 June 2007 - 12:54 PM

If you were my sister I would tell you that you're not alone, you're not the only person to be hurt this way and that there is no way I'm going to let you suffer the aftermath alone. I'm here with you.

#66 blue_angel

blue_angel
  • Screaming inside

Posted 17 June 2007 - 09:42 PM

If you were my sister or brother I would tell you that you are a brave and strong person, that you did nothing to deserve what was done to you and that you have no need to feel guilt or shame for what happened. I would also tell you that I love you without reservation.

blue_angel

#67 blooregardqkazoo

blooregardqkazoo
  • you had me crawlin so bad, had me heels over head

Posted 10 July 2007 - 09:43 PM

Hokay, so I've never been really any good with words, but I'm pretty good at finding quotes to fit the situation, so if you don't mind, this is what I'd tell my Sister or Brother.

If you were my sister, or brother, I'd tell you "the sun goes up and then it goes down. But everytime that happens, what do you get? You get a new day. You get a new one. When you breathe, you inhale and you exhale, but every single time that you do that you're a little bit different then the one before. We're always changing. And its important to know that there are some changes you can't control and that there are others you can". What happened to you was a change you couldn't control, and it is in no way, shape, or form your fault. I love you unconditionally, and you can make it through this. Be strong.

**Sheepish Attempt at The Task**

Edited by blooregardqkazoo, 10 July 2007 - 09:44 PM.

#68 ~Samantha~

~Samantha~

Posted 11 August 2007 - 10:58 PM

If you were my sister I would tell you that it was not your fault. I would sit with you and voice any emotions that you had. I would let you cry.

#69 imgettinitright

imgettinitright

Posted 12 August 2007 - 03:54 AM

You are my sister and I'M TRYING NOT TO BLAME YOU FOR NOT HELPING ME. I do love you and I'm tryin to get it right.

#70 Butterfly429

Butterfly429
  • Contributing Member

Posted 12 August 2007 - 06:18 PM

This is the most incredible post I have seen yet.

If you were my brother or sister I would tell you that you are a masterpiece...created out of beauty and into beauty and nothing anyone has ever done can change that. I would tell you that you have mountains ahead of you that you will scale with victory. i would tell you that you are beautiful and precious and wonderful just as you are and it is my honor to know you and your amazing heart. You have made it through the unimaginable and you have turned those ashes into brilliance. Thank you for who you are and all that you offer to this family!!

Beth :)

#71 Dea

Dea
  • Omnia fert aetas, animum quoque.

Posted 25 August 2007 - 02:54 PM

I just have to say that I love this thread. It's what really got me to join this forum in the end. All of these replies are so heart warming.

If you were my brother/sister I would tell you that even though it may seem like your world is falling apart you are strong enough to work through it. I would tell you that you don't have to go through this on your own that I am there to help you. I would tell you that you can take your time and recover, that no one expects you to just "get over it". I would tell you that I love you and that no matter what happens that will never change. Finally I would tell you that you're beautiful inside and out and that you can always come to me if you need a shoulder to cry on, someone to listen, or just someone to make you laugh.

#72 cattt

cattt
  • Less Starch, More Flavour.

Posted 02 January 2008 - 12:13 AM

If you were my sister or my brother,

I would tell you of my love for you, I would tell you I believe you, that I was by your side through thick and thin, that I would never doubt you, that my shoulder has a priority area reserved for you to lean on at any time you wished,
I would hold you, I would comfort you, I would sit with you and I would always hold your hand

and I would never let you push me away, but I would always give you space when you needed it

if you were my sister or my brother, I would do everything in my power to help you in every way I could, and I would remind you that there are good things in the world, and when I had reminded you, I would never let you forget

#73 MatthewJ123

MatthewJ123
  • Child of the Light

Posted 07 March 2008 - 12:26 AM

if you were my sister or brother i'd simply say i love you. and mean it every time

#74 lostwaif

lostwaif

Posted 07 March 2008 - 12:37 AM

If you were my sister I would say:

I love you and that will never change no what what you do or what happens to you.

#75 danc345876

danc345876

Posted 07 March 2008 - 06:11 PM

If you were my sister I would tell you to always hold your head up high no matter what, that your beautiful inside and out, and that all the blame should fall on the bastard that did anything to you, absolutely nothing was your fault!

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.