Photo

Let's share something good with each other

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#61 ChristineMarie

ChristineMarie
  • Christine

Posted 15 June 2007 - 08:54 AM

Playing all kinds of imaginary things with my brother who was one year younger than me outside on the farm. We didn't have many toys, an old playhouse my dad had made for my sisters about 10 years earlier and our imaginations, and lots and lots of land to run free on with no town in site!! We would play cowboys and indians with imaginary horses and guns, we would play house, and The Dukes of Hazzard, we loved that show :blush: :) , silly, but that was fun, I was Luke Duke and he was Bo Duke :blush: :) . We would take off with a sack lunch on all day hiking trips, and we had almost 100 acres that we could do whatever we wanted to on, the only rule we had was stay away from the ponds, the road and be back before dark, which were very easy rules to obey when you had so much land to run on. We had so much fun (more fun than my kids have now, with all there toys :glare: :huh: )

All of the farm animals we had, and my pets. Listening to the coyotes howl at night time with the windows open and the wind blowing the curtains.

The magic of Christmas.

Wow, now I have a really big smile on my face, and a magical, happy, feeling sometimes you get when you are little. Thank you for this thread, now I am going to have to look back on it off and on.

Christine

Edited by christinevght, 15 June 2007 - 09:06 AM.

#62 blondie2002

blondie2002
  • I'm Awesome. Section Moderator 4mylife.

• Section Moderator

Posted 15 June 2007 - 09:05 AM

I guess I'd have to say, my earliest happy memory, would be my 5th b-day @ my pre-school.:pandy:

#63 shoshanahlily

shoshanahlily

Posted 28 August 2007 - 04:53 PM

My earliest happy memory is when i was 6 yrs old and my dad took me fishing for the first time and I caught a rainbow trout all on my own. My Dad was so proud of me he actually said I'm proud of you. Made me feel so good.

Shosh

#64 yassi411

yassi411

Posted 28 January 2008 - 02:14 PM

My happiest most wonderful memory: I never really bonded to my daughter when she was born. I did take care of her and I was her only caregiver because my husband was active duty military. When my daughter was 5 months old, I realized that if I don't love her now, no one else will love her and she, as an innocent soul who was born without her choice, would probably be hurt and abused like me when I was a child. I vowed never to let that happen to her and... voila! I became a mother! And I became proud of myself as a mother and proud of her being my child. I also realized that no one could take the love I had for her away from her and me. Up to now, she calls me her "twin" and that makes me happy. Thanks for your time.

#65 changeofheart

changeofheart
  • Darkness has no hold on me

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:42 AM

Making pizza with my dad when I was about 3.

#66 danc345876

danc345876

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:53 PM

going to a wave pool with my mom when i was around 3ish..

#67 dave27

dave27
  • Respect is not a zero-sum game.

• M Member

Posted 31 August 2008 - 08:28 AM

Aged 3 or 4, sat on my dad's knee, he was reading to me and teaching me to read from the Hobbit.

#68 Persephone

Persephone
  • Clawing my way out of Hades...

Posted 31 August 2008 - 08:46 AM

This is such a lovely idea!

1.) My mom calling me "Pumpkin."

2.) When I was an elementary student, I got a trophy for academic acheivement. Watching my mom jump to her feet to applaud me made me feel like I was on top of the world.

3.) It was the last day of school and my dad picked me up. We spent the afternoon chasing fire trucks to see where they were going.

4.) My mom always went to a farm to buy peas for the winter. The farmer let the customers go into the field and pick their own peas, and he then weighed them and set a price. My mom would get up really early in the morning to go because the summers were so hot. That was when I saw my first sunrise. While she picked peas, I ran around and chased butterflies.

:)

#69 alyssa

alyssa

Posted 11 October 2008 - 10:58 AM

going to disney world with my parents.

#70 Labyrinth

Labyrinth
  • Ah.

• Contributing Member

Posted 11 October 2008 - 02:07 PM

My earliest memory is going to a childcare center while my mom went to a parenting class (I was either 3 or almost 3 years old). They had a big yellow dump truck which I really liked playing with. After my mom was done with the class and they brought us into the classroom we were served red punch, which I really liked but got upset when my mom wouldn't give me seconds!!!

#71 imhurting

imhurting
  • Inactive Member

Posted 11 October 2008 - 06:11 PM

walking to nursery school when i was three

#72 Hales

Hales
  • Walking tall against the rain

Posted 13 October 2008 - 04:10 AM

-

Edited by Hales, 03 May 2013 - 12:58 PM.

#73 idreaminmemory

idreaminmemory

Posted 13 October 2008 - 09:28 PM

My daddy pushing me on the swings.....I was a little girl and he pushed me on the swings and called me bud....I felt so free that day...I love swings.....I still sit on them a lot.....it was beautiful. I was about three years old...the sun was shining...we were down at the park...I kept yelling higher, higher! I flew....I smiled...and we laughed.

My parents reading me books. Especially the book about the duck...Quack Quack I Want My Baby Ducky Back....it was awesome....

Going to my sister's house.....her blender blew up but we made milkshakes by hand....and sipped them out of coca-cola glasses....and played her nintendo from when she was a kid. That was so much fun.

My first concert...I dominated that mosh pit.

It's nice to remember good things. :-) Makes me happy.

#74 halo

halo
  • Survivor

Posted 15 October 2008 - 05:04 PM

My first memory is a good one; I'm cimbing trees with my brother and our cats at aged 3.

#75 AmourPerpetuus

AmourPerpetuus
  • ...smells just as sweet.

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:53 PM

I remember...being about as tall as my mum's bed, and she was showing me the pictures of when I was in her tummy still. I remember she had long hair still, first and last time I ever saw it that I remember; it was sunny and everything seemed to be glowing with this beautiful, surreal light... It's the only good memory of my mother that I have, really.

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.