Welcome new people

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#16 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2001 - 06:36 AM

Hello new member and welcome.
If you find half of the acceptance, affection and healing here that I have, it will have been worth your while coming.
Perhaps you feel like I did when I first started psoting here, very unsure of whether you have anything to offer or afraid of revealing too much of yourself.
I echo CA; there is nothing that some other people here don't understand.

Please give it a chance.

I know you won't be disappointed, and I look forward to getting to know you

Love

Rachel xxxxxxxxxx

#17 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2001 - 12:43 PM

Welcome New Member,

Here you will find caring, understanding, comfort and compassion for the things you have been through. We are like a family here. You will never be judged by what you have said or done.  Always remember, it's not your fault. Please feel free to post anytime, I look forward to meeting you and helping in anyway I can in your healing process.

Take care, and welcome to the family!!!

Dana

#18 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2001 - 10:27 AM

Welcome new member!
You've just come to one of the most wonderful places in the world.  May you find the love, warmth and acceptance here that I have found -- may you find healing!
Take care,
Shaina

#19 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2002 - 04:44 AM

Thankyou, everyone, for the warm welcome.

Iím blessed to have found my way over here. Youíve exposed yourselves for all of us to see, and in doing so...have healed a part of my soul.

This is truly a beautiful place with its caring, beautiful people.

Thankyou for you.

(Edited by Cold at 8:08 am on May 28, 2002)

#20 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2002 - 12:35 PM

This thing seems pretty sweet!  I'm glad that they have stuff like this where people actually care about other people's misfortunes and stuff.  I'm glad that I signed up.

#21 702Surfa

702Surfa
  • M Member

Posted 28 October 2008 - 01:38 AM

Hello, I'm David, 37 and married to a rape victim.
This is my first post and glad that I found this message board. My wife, 31, and I have been together for 9 years and married for 4 years, and just recently revealed that she was repeatedly raped over a period of time at the age of 6 to 8 by her uncle. She suppress this in her mind all her life and no one in her family knew about this. Right now I am so confused and hurt, and don't know what to do to help her out. Hopefully this message board will guide me in the right path.

David

Edited by 702Surfa, 28 October 2008 - 01:39 AM.

#22 Opheliac

Opheliac
  • Inactive Member

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:49 AM

Hello, my name is Opehlia.

hope to make friends on here.

Edited by Opheliac, 02 July 2009 - 10:06 AM.

#23 sweet_silver_lining

sweet_silver_lining

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:27 PM

Thank you for the welcome spot. It seems that there are many nice people here.

#24 Musikalgeak

Musikalgeak
  • Chelsea

Posted 03 April 2010 - 05:21 PM

Thanks for the welcome. It's amazing to meet so many people.

I actually heard about this site through a friend in an Incest Survivor's Group.

I was raped by my father when I was 5 and 6 years old and then I was molested by my oldest brother around age 8.

I recently attempted suicide 4 different ways, ending in jumping off a building. I couldn't handle the pain of flashbacks I was having. I was having 4 a day and they were bothering me to the point that I just wanted to end it all the only way I knew how.

I am alive by the grace of God. He is amazing and is healing me in unimaginable ways. He is taking away shame I feel. He is taking away fears. I haven't had suicidal thoughts in 17 days! 17!!!!!!!!

I recently got a restraining order against my father so he can NEVER contact me again. This is huge.

That's all I wanted to say. I hope to meet all of you.

#25 Musikalgeak

Musikalgeak
  • Chelsea

Posted 03 April 2010 - 05:28 PM

Hello, I'm David, 37 and married to a rape victim.
This is my first post and glad that I found this message board. My wife, 31, and I have been together for 9 years and married for 4 years, and just recently revealed that she was repeatedly raped over a period of time at the age of 6 to 8 by her uncle. She suppress this in her mind all her life and no one in her family knew about this. Right now I am so confused and hurt, and don't know what to do to help her out. Hopefully this message board will guide me in the right path.

David

I think it takes a great man to want to help your wife out so much. I was repeatedly raped by my father when I was 5 and 6 so I know what it's like to be betrayed by a family member and hurt at such a young age. I would just like to encourage you to keep being so supportive. Don't force her to talk about it (I hate when people do that). Help her to know that there are people like her and that it wasn't her fault (I used to believe it was my fault and that I deserved it.) Keep it up!

#26 flyby

flyby

Posted 03 May 2010 - 12:43 AM

Thanks for the warm welcomes.
I'm glad i found this place, it seems very special :)

#27 flyby

flyby

Posted 09 May 2010 - 06:07 PM

thank you for the welcome!
i'm glad i found this place

#28 cabotandthefish

cabotandthefish

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:48 PM

Hi

I'm new here. I've been through a lot of counseling, and am still working through a lot. Recently, I've been stressing about time and the reality of what has happened.

When I was 5 or 6, I was repeatedly molested by my maternal grandfather. My family moved away from him, and my parents told me my memories were bad nightmares and nothing else. Of course, they avoided mentioning sex at all while I was growing up and I only learned about STDs and dirty jokes at school. When I was 21, a co-worker drugged me and attempted to rape me during a party(I don't drink alcohol). Later that year, I began dating a man simply because he was interested and I was starting to feel pathetic about being a virgin. For 3 months, he was constantly drunk. He would yell at me and painfully try to force his fingers in me, but I've gotten good at clenching. Then he said God didn't want me to have sex and left me for a girl he had apparantly impregnated while we were together.

It's been 5 years since then, and I've learned a lot about self-respect and have been talking to an incredible man for a while. I told him this morning that I trust him and am attracted to him, but I'm a virgin and survivor of attempted rape and childhood sexual abuse. Surely you can imagine how happy/relieved I felt when he thanked me for telling him about it. I'm still nervous, though. I know he is, too. We kissed a little and he held me. Kept asking if I was ok.

Edited by cabotandthefish, 20 June 2010 - 10:19 PM.

#29 espoir_de_lavenir

espoir_de_lavenir
  • Standing under the willow, staring at the stars...

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:05 PM

Hi,
I'm new to the site, and I really appreciate the warm welcome.
My name is Naomi, and I turn seventeen in a little over a month.
I'm here because I was molested by my brother six times, and by my half brother twice.
Um, I'd really appreciate some one to talk to, so feel free to PM me if you want to, or even if you need to talk.
~Na~

#30 JenAnne

JenAnne

Posted 30 July 2010 - 11:28 PM

I'm new... I just signed up... I've been in healing for about three years. I am better than I was, but still struggle at times.

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.