Photo

Coping trics

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2003 - 09:26 PM

I am feeling super-down right now, and reading all of these coping ideas is helping.  Thank you all.

I think I will go outside for a walk and a smoke....and remember that I'm not alone.

#32 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2001 - 12:20 PM

(((((HUGS))))) I agree with Danielle, this is a very good thread sweetie. :)

When i am low and i may actually be able to concentrate i block myself up in my room and read a really good book. But if i am not able to concentrate on anything whatsoever i normally during the day cart myself to my balcony. Turn on some real good music and relax, just look around and see whats around me. I love just dazing off and thinking about other things, sometimes i will take a notebook out with me and i will write. At night time i go out to our front porch with my cigs and walkman where i just relax. For me this is the best, but i can see how you guys above me would love what you do. :):)

Thanks Els for starting this thread up honey, its nice to see how others pull themselves together when they can or need to. ((((hugs))))

Love Donna =)

#33 fairydust

fairydust

Posted 15 October 2001 - 05:51 PM

great idea to share what we find that works, never know what new tricks we may find.

thanks heaps
fairydust

(Edited by fairydust at 2:36 am on Feb. 25, 2002)

#34 els

els
  • Banned

Posted 16 October 2001 - 03:33 AM

oh you lovely friends !

just reading this is a coping tric !

((((((hugs)))))))

Els

#35 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2001 - 10:43 PM

Els,

This is a great thread!  Everyone in Pandora's is amazing!  For me...my coping during the bad times is to take a hot bubble bath, light candles and incense, listen to music, and just soak in the tub until I feel somewhat purified.

Erin

#36 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2001 - 08:01 PM

*** OK  ****
Different things for different times, as a Mom of
4 small children, I can't always do the same so I
have a few different ones,
with the kids, we slap in a Bert & Ernie (sesame street)
"Rubber Ducky" normally does the trick.
When alone, I will have a piggy break! Sounds silly right?
Let me explain, not much to it really, I own the snuggles Guinea pig in the whole world, He always helps, make me happy again,
when kids are asleep, I check on them, nothing more sweet then your children peacefully asleep.

Hey Great thread, thanks, Daisy Ivy

#37 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2001 - 09:32 PM

I listen to music, play video games, read or watch a movie. I like listening to music because it's relaxing, video games help get the aggression and anger out, reading and watching movies take me to "another world" for awhile.

#38 Guest_crying angel_*

Guest_crying angel_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2001 - 10:28 AM

((Els))

Great thread! I usually call a friend - amazing how the voice of a friend makes you feel less alone.

Course now I have all these chatsisters I often come online and chat chat chat. I can now type like the wind :).

Love you Els
CA
xoxox

#39 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2002 - 09:54 PM

Just a suggestion...

For those who feel/like/need to scrub... I made a great discovery... those bath gloves they sell are perfect for such an activity.. just be careful with them cause some are quite rough....

#40 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2002 - 01:26 PM

*L*

Mandy, I'm with you on that one. Despite my lack of disposable funds - I shop when I'm sad. It almost ALWAYS makes me feel better, playing with all of my new toys.

#41 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2002 - 06:40 PM

Great thread!

Here are mine:

1. Hot bubble baths

2. A new book - if I am in really bad shape and can't concentrate then I swear by second-hand romances. They are so undemanding and easy to read! And around here they are 4 for a dollar.

3. Music  - right now the Wyrd Sisters, Annie Lennox, Sinead O'Connor, Kate Bush, Indigo Girls, and Sarah of course. For seriously bad times - nothing beats Nancy Sinatras :These Boots Are Made For Walking"

4. Chick flicks - nothing triggering allowed.

5. Praying

6. Napping

7. and... SHOPPING! Even a new three dollar nose ring can cheer me up for quite a while

8. Sitting in my car, parked, in a safe place, with an Egg McMuffin, (my weakness) listening to CBC Canada Radio, and a cigarette to follow. Very reliable!

I loved ehearing everyone elses!

Renata

(Edited by Zoe at 9:41 pm on Aug. 5, 2002)

#42 lilyvanilla

lilyvanilla

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

watch tv. well. i watch a lot anyway. music. and uh, blogging.

#43 Roaring_Gryphon

Roaring_Gryphon

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

...other things that work for me are the taking-care-of-myself things...putting a mask on...

I wanted to read that out of context and think you meant a "costume" type mask or something like that.

Because I actually do something kind of like that.

I have negative associations with my own feet,

so I have a custom pair of big funny slippers to wear over them when i'm in the house. helps a lot with body image stuff for me. :yahoo:

wont describe the slippers in specific detail, kinda personal about the nature of them even though the slippers themselves couldnt possibly be considered inapprorpiate or offensive

#44 Nessie3

Nessie3
  • Vanessa (:

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

I drive & I sing. It really helps if I can bring along a trusted friend. But if I can't then I just sing all the louder. I literally drown the world out until I can't help but laugh at myself. But I have to make sure the music is right or it can get ugly.

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.