This is a great thread. I'm proud of these things.
1. I've stayed alive.
2. I understood that I had been sexually abused.
3. I admited that it wasn't my fault.
4. I stopped dating and being friends with the abusive guy and admited that at least sometimes, I hate him.
5. I joined Pandys.
6. I wrote and posted about my bad relationship here and another site.
7. I don't feel so ashamed of being weak, having panic attacks and crying sometimes than I used to be.
8. I've been to a psychiatrist and tried to get to therapy.
9. I told about my experiences and problems to strange professionals.
10. I also told some of it to my friends, mother and Grandma.
11. I could begin a new relationship with a wonderful guy (though the relationship ended later).
12. I've been able to enjoy another person's closeness a little.
13. I've learnt to trust people more than before.
14. I've helped some other people with problems giving them a little comfort and/or advice.
15. I was accepted to a school to study arts and media although I haven't recovered from the abuse and some other things and felt sick and sad in the test.
16. I draw well and write too, both about the abuse and other things.
17. I'm rediscovering my sexuality and learning to like it instead of being ashamed of it.
18. I'm looking forward to really being able to enjoy sex with a person I love.
19. Sometimes I can smile.
Edited by Elfstar, 27 July 2005 - 11:00 AM.