What are your healing ACCOMPLISHMENTS?

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#61 Mary

Mary
  • MeowMary

• Contributing Member

Posted 22 August 2003 - 09:46 PM

Today i told my T i was ready to start talking about what happened in december. MAJOR step cause i havnt been able to handle talking aobut it with her much and i would always push the subject away if she brought it up. but today i brought it up on my own :)

Mary

#62 Kitten

Kitten
  • Sweet and Gentle Manic Fluff

Posted 12 September 2002 - 09:15 AM

I have found this place and broken my silence. And met some great friends of course.:)

I have found the courage to start therapy.

I have learnt how to take time out for me.

I have started to recover memories about my childhood, good and bad.

#63 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2002 - 08:30 AM

BOOSTY WOOSTY

I came back to read this since I am having a not so great morning (ok week, well month).

I am glad I came back to see what I have done. I am also inspired by what everyone else has done.

I know there are more of you who have accomplishments. List them here so you can come back as I have and see them in writing. It's a great feeling.

Love,
the shameless self-booster (hey, there is no rule against boosting your own thread :biggrin: )

#64 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2002 - 08:08 AM

Yes, here I am again. Shamelessly self-boosting my own thread. There are a lot of new people here and by coming here they have an accomplishment so I hope they add some. I am also going to add another one.

I have let go of the responsibility. I am not at fault for what happened to me. Neither are any of you. It feels so wonderful to say that.

Come on now. You all have accomplishments. Every single one of you. Write them here. It feels so good to come back and read my own. It feels great to read about everyone else's too.

Love you all (now start responding with those accomplishments!)

Shell

#65 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2002 - 08:47 AM

Jen, now really - do you think I would boost my own thread yet again???? ;)

Well, the answer would have been yes because I have another accomplishment.

I made it through my first "real" anniversary! :-) Of course, it was the whole month of November since I don't know the date but I made it. :)

Come on everyone. Join the party. :-)

Love,
Shell

#66 widefront

widefront

Posted 13 February 2003 - 04:35 PM

I've built bridges and discovered I like it out here in the real world. I still get scared and want to retreat behind my wall. But I have friends willing to help me get past it. It's nice to finally have friends.

#67 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2003 - 05:32 PM

This is really difficult. I've read these posts many times and am awed by the strength and courage all of you show. Big pats on the back to you all, I'm proud of you!
In healing,
MJ

#68 Shell

Shell
  • No one special

• Contributing Member

Posted 05 June 2003 - 09:29 AM

Yippeeeee for everyone!!!

I am replying to make this a red dot thread. :biggrin:

I don't have any healing accomplishments to add right now but I want to tell all of you that I am so proud of you. How many of you thought there was nothing positive about where you are or what you have done? This proves otherwise. You are all an inspiration to me.

Keep up the good work healing AND the good work listing your accomplishments.

So, so , so , so proud of you all.
Love,
Shell

#69 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2002 - 10:35 AM

(((Shell-Belle))))
Wonderful thread! YAY! †
MAY *T*

1.) I have learned that not all people are out to hurt me
2.) I have learned to love myself- no matter what
3.) I have told my family, friends and husband and continue to tell.
4.) I have learned that I can accept help from others- and not ALWAYS depend on JUST ME
5.) I have learned to enjoy making love to my husband and to enjoy my own sexuality
6.) I have learned that its okay to get mad
7.) I have learned that I am STILL a cry baby and THATS OKAY!!!
8.) And most of all- I've learned I CAN BE HAPPY

Love to everyone
Amanda
In addition-
9.)  I am learning to not let people walk all over me
10.) I am learning to fight for ME
11.) I am learning not to be so afraid
12.) I am learning to communicate.

(Edited by SapphirezfuryRains at 8:08 pm on Nov. 23, 2002)

#70 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2002 - 01:22 PM

1.  I've learned to face the fact that I was raped
2.  I've been in T
3.  I know I'm not alone
4.  I have learned to forgive on certain levels
5.  I learned that I do have more strength then I realized
6.  I've been able to reach out to others for help

There are probably more accomplishments, but these are the only ones that came to mind right now

#71 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2002 - 08:44 AM

I still have trouble putting the blame where it belongs, but I am finally convinced that I am not worthless. That's something, I guess.

#72 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2002 - 08:15 PM

I Mary Jane am done saying.....Only if, Only if, Only if!
I need no only if's!

#73 bailey

bailey
  • lurker

Posted 03 March 2003 - 04:14 PM

for years, i've chewed my nails. i've always been ashamed of them, but try as i might, i couldn't stop biting. several months before the rape, i managed to stop. i had gotten a manicure and was so proud of myself. then IT happened. i was a wreck, and started chewing my nails again. it's been almost a year, but i've finally calmed down and "de-stressed" myself enough to let them grow. they are beautiful now. they look so nice.

this was a MAJOR step for me.

~b

#74 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2003 - 06:55 PM

I have reconnected with my assault experience and realized its impact on my life.
I am being more open-minded in the dating process.
I am letting myself get excited about dating and being interested in someone again.
Today, when I heard those "criticizing voices" telling me that "I can't" or "this is a bad thing" I stopped what I was doing and wrote in my journal... they went away!

Thanks to everyone else who has posted! Keep it coming!
Nancy

#75 scardycat

scardycat
  • Am I there yet?

Posted 05 June 2003 - 09:20 AM

Iím re posting this, because I feel its ok for me to have it here for now.
So..

*I'm alive

*I have stuck with T despite it being extremely tough and painful. †And I have learned to trust my T and asked her to hold my hand in my journey. I'm still going :)

*I have a beautiful niece and nephew who I am able to love without fear, and who tell me they love me cos i dont tell lies or break promises (how cool is that)

* Although its difficult I try to see good in the world.

* I fought my way out of a psychiatric service which had me over medicated and institutionalised. †

*I have found a doctor I can trust.

*I trust my instinct

*I'm not afraid to be vulnerable and have learned to nurture that part of me.

*I let myself feel sad and hurt, because i need to.

*My self care is exceptionally good most of the time (enormous for me)

* I have a sense of humour and a streak of sarcasm that just refuses to die :)

*I have learned that I am a survivor and deserve to survive. †But I have also learned that a Survivor is not all I am.

*Here I am at pandys :)

Hugs to everyone,
love always, scardy xxxx

(Edited by scardycat at 5:04 pm on June 6, 2003)

(Edited by scardycat at 6:14 pm on July 18, 2003)

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.