What are your healing ACCOMPLISHMENTS?

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#31 Guest_raqueli_*

Guest_raqueli_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2002 - 04:59 PM

My accomplishments:

~I wasn't too embarrassed to ask for help (sleeping in your aunt & uncle's room when you're 22 years old can certainly be embarrassing!)

~I can sleep by myself in the apartment when my roommate is gone.  (Not always sleep very well, but I sleep)

~I have invited men--trustworthy, good friends in my apartment and didn't freak out.

~I told a pushy friend that the reason I wanted my anniversary off was personal, and didn't tell him why even when he pushed.  B/c I didn't want to tell him.  And I stood my ground.

~I stared my rapist down in court--and he looked away.

~I took time off to heal.

~I started work again.  

That's all for now.

raqueli

#32 jenster73

jenster73

Posted 24 January 2003 - 09:06 AM

Ok, was just in 'My Life' and noted that Shell was about to boost her own thread, yet again :o !

Well, I beat ya to it, cos I have a couple

I used real words in my counselling session - I called a spade a spade and it felt #### good

I told a couple of friends what happened

I've turned my next anniversary into something I can look forward to - I booked a cottage for me and 5 friends and I can't wait!

Yeah for Shell and her healing accomplishments thread, and for shamelessly booting it over and over and over and...

;)

Jen

#33 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2003 - 09:07 AM

i have a new one.....talking to my mom

#34 Renata

Renata

Posted 12 September 2002 - 07:59 AM

Great Thread!

My greatest healing accomplishments are all summed up in the words of my favourite song below, but in my words...

1. I learned to understand what PTSD is and how it has affected me.

2. I learned to forgive myself for freezing when I was raped, and after too.

3. I learned that both of me, me and Zoe too, are different fragments of the same person and that neither of us are whole without the other.

4. I am learning to love her, and I hope she is learning to love me.

5. In therapy, I am processing hard memories and re-making the associations that  are making my life make sense.

6. I have broken the silence!

7. I can tell my story now in words, and have done it here.

I am proud of myself. Thats an accomplishment too.

Love you all,
Renata

The Night of Her Insistence

She finally understood it, the sadness of her life
The weight of her emotion, the gravity of light
She looked into the back of her mind
To see where she had been
But all she saw was a secret
And she could not look in...

All those years of waiting
All those years of trying too hard
All those years of failing
Pushed her down too far
She wearies of the geographies
That tell her who she is
She chokes on her philosophies
And all that she has been...

When she finally put her foot down
She put her fears down too
She left them by the back door
And through the night she flew
Away from her emotions
Away from the tricks of time
Away from cruel devotions
She left them all behind...

It was the night of her insistence
It was the day she found her will
It was the dream she’d always harboured
And harbours still
It was the night of her configuration
All the pieces finally there
And in that light of transformation
She...

Finally understood it
The sadness of her life
The weight of her emotion
The gravity of light
She looked beyond the back of her mind
To see where she had been
And there she saw the secret
And now she looked in.

-The Wyrd Sisters

#35 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2002 - 01:18 PM

((((((((((shelly)))))))))                                                                 I learned to love myself and to give myself time to heal. I learned to trust people well still working on this one but i made a some progress with trusting. I learned that i'm not alone that they are other people know what i'm going through.

(Edited by ANIMALBEARS at 8:35 pm on Sep. 13, 2002)

#36 Tamitink

Tamitink

Posted 17 September 2002 - 09:36 PM

I've hugged a guy

I've awakened memories of my child hood and begun dealing with them.

I took a walk

I've begun writing again

I've gone back to school

I've stopped my eating disorder of 11 years

I didn't call him back

#37 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2002 - 10:35 PM

((shelly)))
I have told some of my story here.....told my husband and maybe two other ppl about my past........can sleep at home by myself now (most of the time)!! And am not as afraid to be home alone.....those last two were hard ones, but I have tackled them even though there are bad days

#38 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2003 - 08:53 PM

Shell, thank you for your shameles boosting!  I am new and have never seen this thread before.  It was very encouraging to read 5 pages of accomlishments (and, might I add, an accomlishment in and of itself!)

- I got up this morning when all I wanted to do was call in sick, lay in bed and cry.
-I posted a thread asking for help last night even though I felt like I was being selfish
-I looked up places for group therapy
-I didn't delete any of the accomplishments I just typed even though I thought they were silly.

#39 Guest_Em_*

Guest_Em_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2003 - 01:05 PM

Okay kittens, time for this one to go over to Wonderful Threads.

Wonderful Threads is public, so if you don't want yours to be there, please delete it or ask one of the mods to remove it completely.

Hugs
Emma

#40 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2003 - 09:16 AM

One more -- I married a man who right now is singing a Sarah MacLachlan song in the shower. He's too cute and I am a lucky girl who has made at least some very good choices.

#41 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2002 - 08:31 AM

Shell,

Did I tell you lately that you ROCK and I love you?  (((hugs)))

Okay, accomplishments.  

*  I have definitely broken the silence....I found my voice, still strong within me, after all these years.

*  I've taken the leap and allowed myself to trust and reach out.

*  I've learned that even if I make an error in judgment and trust the wrong person and I get hurt, I won't die from it.  A person's reaction does not define who and what I am.  I can still try-and trust-again.

*  I've taken back some of my power.

*  I found the courage to begin therapy!

*  I have defiantly faced some of my biggest fears, monsters, and triggers.

*  I have recognized my own strength.

*  I have accomplished the ability to allow myself to hurt, be weak, be fragile...and to ask for help.  I have fought hard against the shame of letting my pain show through.

*  At the very least, on the darkest of days and in the midst of nearly unbearable struggles, I KEEP GETTING UP.  I stumble, I fall, I have setbacks, but I will get up and I will keep going.  Nothing can keep me down.  I have survived.

*  I continue to survive and grow....

((((safe hugs))))

Tasha

#42 hilary

hilary
  • hurt, but healing

Posted 13 September 2002 - 12:57 AM

ok so i guess i've made a few steps foreward...

i've started to deal with my depression (got meds but never talked about r*pe) of course now i'm about out of meds and i have to find someone to re-prescribe them since i lost school insurance after graduating.

told a few friends over the years.

started to talk about it with my boyfriend. well...started anyway.

(((hugs)))

hilary

#43 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2002 - 01:58 PM

I've realized that I don't have to be a perfectionist.

I've realized that I don't have to do it alone.

I've learned how to tell someone to f#*k off and why they should when they make me uncomfortable.

Heather.

#44 NotYetHealed

NotYetHealed

Posted 10 December 2002 - 12:20 PM

((((Shell))))

Okay - I initially came here to do the work, but now I see that we are here for a party!?!?  There is certainly cause for celebration - congratulations, I am proud of you!!!  In honor of you, I say, boost, boost, boost - shit, I'll come back and do the work later on and boost once more for ya with a capital B!  You go girl!

Love,
Lisa

#45 Shell

Shell
  • No one special

• Contributing Member

Posted 08 January 2003 - 10:46 AM

I am beginning to feel dorky constantly boosting my own post with my own accomplishments. I would like some company. :-) Pleeeeeeeeease!!!

But, I have another.

I told my sister. Finally! So, now, after all this time, I have the support of one of the people I love most in the whole world. (the others - my parents and my sometimes idiotic husband :P and my closest friend - and of course all of you)

This is huge for me. Thanks for letting me boost and share.

Anyone else want to share?
Love and hugs,
Shell

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.