What are your healing ACCOMPLISHMENTS?

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#16 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2002 - 07:40 AM

Here are my healing accomplishments:

I have broken the silence by telling my story here.
I went on to tell my story to some friends, my husband, and my parents.
I have started T.
I realized and believe that I am not at fault.
I have forgiven the teenage me since I blamed her for all these years.
I can honestly say now that I went through a trauma.

Anyone else? PLEEEEEEEEEASE...with chocolate on top....

I know  you all have accomplishments because I see them through your posts. Come on, don't be shy.

Love you all,
Shell

#17 Guest_golden lady_*

Guest_golden lady_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2002 - 10:40 AM

(((shell)))

What a great question. I know I'm often too focused on how hard it is to do this, and what a terrible person I feel I am. Thinking about this has forced me into thinking about the more positive aspects of where I am right now. You are a true blessing in all our lives!

My accomplishments:

1) I have acknowledged that I have not yet dealt with the full effects csa has had on my life.

2) I have confided in people I thought would support me, and so far I've been right. (Or maybe just lucky?)

3) I've begun therapy.

4) I've acknowledged the depression was too much for me to handle, and have accepted medication so I would stay alive to work on this, much as I didn't want to.

5) I've better communicated my needs to my husband, and found outside info for him to start learning about †PTSD as it relates to me.

And my biggest one:

6) I've reached out to all of you, both to help and for comfort when I need help.
I hate asking for help.

Thanks again, Shell. Tasha was right -- YOU ROCK!

((((((((((((everyone))))))))))))

golden lady

#18 Kala

Kala
  • My Hearts

Posted 18 September 2002 - 12:32 AM

wow, this is inspirational

I've decided that I'm not ready to give up and I do what to find out what the rest of my life will hold.

Acknowledged that my needs are valid and changed therapists when they werenít getting met.

Asked for help for the first time in my life.

I've spoken about it for the first time and I posted part of it in My Story.

Been willing to witness the pain of other and mine too and use it to heal.

I started running again, no longer willing to hide behind my fat.  I'm coming out.

Gave voice to the frustrated rocker, Iím on my second teenhood.

Decided that I didnít need anyone to give me permission, to tell me it was ok, to notice me, I decided to stop waiting for my life to start and live it myself.  It is for me, I live for me.

you go girl!

#19 hilary

hilary
  • hurt, but healing

Posted 10 December 2002 - 10:13 PM

i have accomplished peeing 10 times in the last hour.
(cheap beer will do that to ya)
i'm working up to accomplishing a phonecall to a therapist.
ok, so i haven't accomplished it YET, but i'm getting there:)

hugs,
hilary

#20 Cira

Cira
  • One Girl Army

Posted 06 February 2003 - 02:37 AM

I have a new one!!! :) :)

I sent an email to a friend of mine & told her my story.

*patting self on back*

Thanks again, for this thread, Shell. :)

#21 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2002 - 07:48 AM

At first I thought I didn't have any but now I realize I do have one.

I can now admit to myself that it happened.

#22 nature_mommy

nature_mommy

Posted 12 September 2002 - 10:40 AM

i have learned to see the beauty outside
i have learned to live safely with my darkness
i have learned i can be alone with myself
most importantly(and maybe a little off the wall) i have learned i cant live without the special tender, silly and fragile love of a guinea pig:biggrin:

#23 Lillyth

Lillyth
  • Dreamer of Horses

Posted 18 September 2002 - 03:08 AM

it seems as though i have already been spoken for  --  you guys have mentioned just about all the things i am proud of.

but very specific to me, i have agreed to speak to the califonia coalition on sex offending, and share my story with them, and even have an apperance on national televison coming up.  even though i am scared shitless, i'm going to do it.

and i have found the courage 7 the faith to persue a profession that does not exist, creating it, allowing myself a profession where i can just feel the pain i feel & not have to fight it.

and i have found the courage to come back here.  i'm not hiding anymore.

Thank you, all of you!
Lilly

#24 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2002 - 10:29 PM

i'm going to the dentist again.
i'm dancing and playing again.
i'm reading this thread.

#25 Francesca

Francesca
  • Professor of Bitchology and Gettin' Ugly

Posted 27 January 2003 - 01:51 AM

1.Allowing myself to sob out my pain and realize that I'm stronger than I thought.

2.Accepting so many kind words said about me as fact and not just someone trying to make me feel better.

3.Putting other's needs before my own.

All leading to Number 4: Coming back.  

#26 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2003 - 11:12 PM

Wow! †I can't believe there are sooo many others who feel and think like I do. †Sometimes I doubt whether I should even be continuing with my therapy and group. †I think why bother it wasn't such a big deal, anyway. †I see a lot of people have come through this same thought. †Well, It's hard to connect the feelings to somethings that seem so surreal, but I guess I'll keep working on it. †Great Site!

#27 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2002 - 07:49 AM

I have learned that "should", "fault" and "blame" have no place in my vocabulary.

It is better to hit a punching bag than a person.

That sometimes people do give a d@mn if I give them the chance to care.

That forgiveness in any capacity is possible.

That justice is often out of our hands, but is never escapable.

That sometimes just breathing in and breathing out are the hardest things to do, but I can do them under my own power.

I learned gratitude for breathing.

#28 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2002 - 03:45 PM

I have another to add (and also boost this because I know so many more of you have accomplishments and you are either ignoring me or being too modest - don't make me start listing your accomplishments for you ;) )

I disclosed to my online moms group!!! I did this on Sept 10 in honor of the anniversary that all this stuff came back to me. There are 79 members in this group and we have been together for almost 7 years! We got together in Feb of 1996 and we were all due with our children in Oct 96. They have been incredibly supportive.

Come on everyone, list an accomplishment. No matter how small it may seem, they should all be recognized.

And, no, I don't rock, I roll. :)

Love,
Shell

#29 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2002 - 07:54 PM

Cool post, Shell! This's something I think we all should try to answer :)

I have taken what was done to me and my family and turned it into a tool to help other survivors

I have forgotten my ex-husband for days at a time

I have gone back to school, AND I'M STILL HERE!!!

I can stand up for myself and tell judgemental/uppity/cruel people where to go, in a calm voice and with a sweet smile

I can love, and trust, again

Gypsy

#30 Guest_princessd_*

Guest_princessd_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2003 - 11:16 AM

edited

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.