Photo

What are your healing ACCOMPLISHMENTS?

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#136 Aurora_Eve

Aurora_Eve

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:06 PM

I found my soul mate. I opened up to him. He knows everything about me that I know myself. He loves me dearly. And my major accomplishment is that everyday I'm more comfortable thinking that I deserve his love.

#137 enemy

enemy
  • Everybody says time heals everything.....

Posted 08 November 2008 - 03:26 PM

I found my soul mate. I opened up to him. He knows everything about me that I know myself. He loves me dearly. And my major accomplishment is that everyday I'm more comfortable thinking that I deserve his love.

That is mine as well.
You summed it up so beautifully.
I am so grateful for him, because without him, I don't know where I'd be.

#138 blondie2002

blondie2002
  • I'm Awesome. Section Moderator 4mylife.

• Section Moderator

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:29 PM

[quote name='victoria21' date='Aug 5 2008, 11:38 AM' post='759468']
Knowing there are probably always going to be triggers but knowing that I can handle anything becuase I love myself and I am so strong!

That sounds like me. :D I've also learned to relax around guys that I've known for a long time. (I'm still kinda :suspect: of ones that I barely know.)

#139 flame

flame

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:51 PM

I've started my own business - as an artist
overcome my fear of the dark
gone to the police and he's behind bars now.
found my soul mate - still don't know why he puts up with me though
started writing
joined here and chatted to people after finally realizing I was living made up life.
started wearing my hair how I want to - not how my mother did.

asked for help when I needed it.

I hope to soon say I can sleep through the night.

thanks to every-one.
Flame

#140 allthatglitters

allthatglitters
  • I think I need a sunrise, I'm tired of the sunset

Posted 19 April 2009 - 04:42 PM

Face the truth. I'm still working on the self-blame, but it's only been 3 months for me.

Opening up to my friends and a few family members about what happened. Allowing them to support me and validate what happened to me.

I hope there will be more accomplishments for me in the future...

#141 PandaFace

PandaFace
  • Valtristus

Posted 19 April 2009 - 07:18 PM

I've moved out of my abusive grandmother's house and I now live 1000 miles away.

I'm working a full time job and providing for myself and my room mates.

I'm going to a therapist for counseling to work through my depression and PTSD.

I started taking a mild anti-depressant for my emotional unbalance, and it's helping me wonderfully.

I can look people in the eye again.

I'm drawing and writing and being creative again.

I'm less socially crippled and I don't flee the room at the slightest awkward moment anymore.

I went out on a limb and got half of my hair buzzed short in a punk style, despite the lingering thoughts that my grandmother would beat me for doing such a thing.

I've stopped wearing huge, frumpy clothes and I'm showing my curves again.

I've lost 30 pounds since this past November, just by eating healthier and drinking water.

I can cuddle with close friends and not flinch or shy away.

My nightmares have lessened drastically and my sleep has improved.

I don't feel hopeless and useless anymore.

I care about my appearance again. I like dressing up and putting on makeup and looking attractive, like I used to.

I can spend a day in public by myself and not hyperventilate.

SPOILER, highlight to show content
[color=#A9CAA8;background:#A9CAA8]I can touch myself and feel pleasure from it, instead of feeling numb or disgusting. [/color]

I've improved this much in the course of 5 and a half months. :P

Edited by PandaFace, 19 April 2009 - 07:20 PM.

#142 blondie2002

blondie2002
  • I'm Awesome. Section Moderator 4mylife.

• Section Moderator

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:40 PM

Knowing there are probably always going to be triggers but knowing that I can handle anything becuase I love myself and I am so strong!

I'm hopeing for the exact same thing. :yay:

#143 danc345876

danc345876

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:39 PM

at this point, I just want to start feeling FREE and like I am not completely crazy..if thats possible. :down: :oo:

#144 MissE

MissE

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:20 PM

Mine has been time, recently opening up to a counselor and close friends (the past few years), and time. I still have a ways to go because I have never been with a man (since this happened to me when I was 9). At 23, I still have yet to have a relationship with a man. I think the worst part is actually admitting that I have a problem, so many years later, with trying to date, talk, and be intimate with men. But I have come a lot further than I was when I would have a panic attack before a date!

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.