Top 10 Stupidest Comments

• Please log in to reply
750 replies to this topic

#91 the last unicorn

the last unicorn
  • Queen of Confusion

Posted 09 February 2003 - 04:12 AM

an acquiantance of mine  made some stupid comment about r*pe, though I can't remember exactly what it was, this was shortly after my last r*pe, and I was angry, and said "I was just r*ped" and she looked at me (don't you love people) and said

"look at you, you're fat and ugly, you couldn't pay someone to have sex with you, why would anyone have sex with you willingly, much less force you to."

ARGH....jerk

(Edited by the last unicorn at 11:03 pm on Mar. 11, 2003)

#92 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2003 - 04:21 PM

Slipped in the wrong hole?!? My goodness but that was stupid! It doesn't matter what "hole" it goes in, it would have been rape either way. Sheesh, maybe you should fix him a chinese dish. That'll make you feel better. well, maybe it will if you spit in it, anyways. ;)

#93 cubby

cubby
  • Waffles: weapon of choice for a new America

Posted 23 June 2003 - 08:44 AM

A friend told me "you need to stop beating yourself up over mistakes you made in the past."

um... what?  having been r*ped was somehow a mistake I made?  plus, apparently, I just need to get over it.

The saddest thing is that until he made that remark, I really thought he understood, that he "got it."  *sigh*  I hate disclosing 'cause I hate losing friends.

#94 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2003 - 10:25 AM

what did you think was going to happen?  probly you were gonna drink...alone...imagine, a girl who wants only what she SAYS she wants...

i wish i could think of a stupid comment...i dont know any big sports fans or id probly get an earful about how innocent Kobe is, too...

#95 Guest_violet light_*

Guest_violet light_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2002 - 02:42 PM

Quote from my psychologist:

<i>"I know you consider what happened to be rape, but I think what you're doing is masking the real issues by dragging this out."</i>

In other words, I'm using my sexual assault as an excuse for having difficulty, and there's nothing to be so upset about - I'm just dragging it out for attention and avoidance of my "real" issues.  The <b>real</b> problem is my family, because my family situation is just so difficult to think about I decide to focus on something <i>easier</i> to think about - like being held down, mentally and physically tortured and raped with the handle of a knife.  Yeah...that's definitely much easier to think about.  You know, I'll just forget that anything ever happened.  Thank you very much, sweetie, for the wonderful advice - I'll remember that next time I'm in the middle of a flashback, that it isn't a "real" problem.

(((hugs)))
Keli

#96 mouseisa

mouseisa
  • Sweet Whispers

Posted 02 July 2002 - 04:36 PM

I was reading through this and it dawned on me that I had another one...

I called my mom bec., when I saw her last weekend at a memorial service for my Gpa who died on Christmas Eve, she seemed really depressed (I normally don't have much contact w/my family, they're 7hrs away for a reason)... I just wanted to let her know that I was thinking about her... Towards the end of the conversation I said that I understood how hard it is to deal w/depression and to let me know if I could do anything...

She said "there's no was you understand how depressed I am"... I didn't say anything for a minute and then I said "ok, how come?" and she told me I was melodramatic and I make up being depressed just to get attention - I didn't have anything in my life to be depressed about that wasn't my own fault in the first place... I didn't know what to say so I just said "I'm sorry" and we hung up...

I understand that she has problems and sometimes I feel sorry for her... My dad told me that he's wondered if she has MPD because of her bizarre behavior... It's just hard to ignore what she says bec I know it's how she really feels no matter the reason behind it... Anyway.......

I'm sorry all of you have had to deal with so much ignorance from so many "f*ckwits" out there...

Maybe we sould start a Pandy's online "Knitting while you're cooking" or "Cooking while knitting" class??? Then what could "The Stupid People" say???  :shocked: :shocked:

Mouseisa :)

#97 Cherry Blossom

Cherry Blossom
  • answers to goddess

Posted 18 July 2002 - 09:49 PM

Add this special tidbit to the fuckwit mix:

"Rape is terrible, but in the end, it's up to you to defend yourself."

Uh...excuse me?  So because I wasn't able to get away it's my fault for being raped?  Well it all becomes clear to me now!  What on earth was I whineing about?  Thank you for your wisdom oh intelligent one.

"There are those who will take advantage of the drunken ones and influence their decision, but ultimately, YOU GOT YOURSELF THERE, I don't care if someone slipped something into your drink; the slipper did not force you to continue drinking your beverage or whatever the case may be. I'm sure there are those instances where you may be forced into doing it from some threat or whatever, but ultimately: You got yourself there. Period. You chose to go, you chose to hang out with those people, you chose to form the opinion of those people, you chose to trust them."

And they betrayed that trust didn't they?  And exactly what opinion did I form?  Oh my gosh did I forget to take the "please rape me, I'm easy!" sticker off my shirt when I went out?  Stupid me.  I'll have to be more careful who I trust next time, won't I?  Stupid halfwit. ::snort::

But hey, I'll just take up knitting, order me some chinese food and wear a paper bag over my head so my long hair won't show and nobody will bother me, right?

Utter, utter morons.  

#98 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2002 - 03:07 AM

For the most part, my boyfriend was wonderful when I was raped.  But there was one thing ... when I told him a couple of times that I'd like to tell him about what happened, he told me not to, that 'he couldn't handle it'.  I have no reason to believe that he was overstating the case by very much; he's a very honest person and if he said he couldn't handle it I'm sure the least effect he thought it would have was crying, throwing things and being miserable and full of rage for days.  But it still hurt.  Still does hurt.

Ren

#99 bailey

bailey
  • lurker

Posted 11 January 2003 - 10:17 AM

when i told my mom, she immediately assumed i had gone out and slept with the guy on purpose. she assumed that me and my boyfriend would now break up because i had cheated.

whatever.

she gets it now, but it hurt to have her first concern be for my boyfriend, not me.

~bailey

#100 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2003 - 08:51 PM

I got a new one from schoo thursday.....this one guy that is in my lit group (the one that is practicly like babysitting to be with) and he found out from someone that i am a survivor and in lit after he sat down he turns to me and goes "serously i didnt think r*pe actually happend are you sure you didnt dream it or something."
 I told him to Fu*k off (pretty strong language for me) and he thretend to tell the teacher that i cursed at him (not like he hasnt cursed like constantly the whole class every class). So i told him that i had to get hte teacher to sign something (i actually did have to get him to sign my course regestration form) I told her that he was giving me a rough time and she told me that i could go walk around and she gave me a hall pass.

#101 ForeverDancer

ForeverDancer
  • Am I glad to see you! It's more friendly with two.

Posted 22 June 2003 - 12:00 AM

wow....soo many idiotic people in the world, another reminder of why i'm scared to say anything. Ok, well this stupid comment wasn't directed at me, but upset me jsut the same. My mom was telling me about how this guy i know, we'll call him dave, raped his 2 (9 and 11 year old) adopted sisters. He confessed to it and everything, so it's not even a matter of whether or not he did it....and yet the entire community is on his side....he was convicted, his only punishment, 10 years parole *grrr* stupid comment # 1) Those girls are so flirty and seductive (oh right, i'm SOOO sure, i guess they were just asking for it then, those evil little girls) stupid comment # 2) it's soo awful that dave's life is ruined now (HIS life is ruined...ACK) How can someone actually allow those words to come out of their mouth, have they no brain?!?!?!?!

#102 Cira

Cira
  • One Girl Army

Posted 21 July 2003 - 02:37 AM

LOL, Kristen, good for you, letting Jared's cousin have it.

One of my personal favorites (from quite awhile ago) was:  "Your brother, huh?  You must be so ashamed."

Oy.  Thanks a bunch.  Like I didn't feel ashamed already...

Or, after disclosing about one of the date rapes, I got:  "Well, what did you THINK was going to happen, drinking alone w/ him?"

Now, THERE'S a question I haven't asked myself a million times already...

#103 Guest_tkb_*

Guest_tkb_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2002 - 11:54 AM

####! Reading these makes me angry! How stupid are people? No, really. Just how stupid are people? aarrgghh Besides very damned grumpy by reading this, I am also encouraged, because I realize how lame and foolish these people's verbal contributions are.

A few personal examples that anger me:

-My parents believed when as an adult I told them that SA had occured in my childhood, but they thought I was blowing it "out of proportion". (Hmmm. What would appropriate
"proportion" be? I mean short of outright denial?)

-Someone once told me that only by seeing a (conservative Born Again Protestant) Christian therapist, would I ever recover or heal. In other words, the trauma didn't matter; retaining orthodoxy did. (I wonder now if they meant "heel" or "heal"?)

-I told one of my brothers a few years ago that I had been sexually abused and all he said (then or since) was "oh."

I guess there are some more, but they are all similar: stupid!

((((hugs)))))

Troy-Boy

#104 Louise

Louise
  • Kicking arsenic

• Administrator

Posted 02 July 2002 - 02:50 PM

Ah yes, ((((((Keli))))))), shrinks are in a "stupid and invalidating responses" class all of their own.

Shrink to me: "These rape counsellors encourage victims to wallow in it too much, and it allows them to evade responsibility for their lives".

Letters after their names and social prestige doesn't make them any less than stupid assholes. But I think there is a more malign reason behind psychiatry's invalidation of abused women......they are afraid of the power of a woman healing.

L xxxxxx

#105 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2002 - 08:38 PM

LOl You were being melodramatic, but she wasn't? yeah, sure. If only she could live in your shoes for a day or two.

Most of the people who suggest that you should devote your time and energy in actually doing something are the ones who are still living in the fifties. You know, the Donna Reed type.

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.