Top 10 Stupidest Comments

• Please log in to reply
851 replies to this topic

#781 Lilyana

• Still Scared

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:50 PM

When, on my escape trip from my "boyfriend's" house in Indiana (if anyone who is that horrible deserves that title...), I told my mom why I was leaving him, she replied, "You don't have to make up excuses for why you're breaking up with him.  If things didn't work out just say so."

Thanks, Mom, for calling me a liar when I'm trying to confide something very terrifying & traumatic to you...

It took 6 years before I could speak with her normally & begin to trust her again.

#782 AMAY

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:02 PM

When meeting with a new psychiatrist and I told him I had been r**ed...

So that was your first sexual experience?

NO! That was an act of violence not sex! A**.

#783 peanuthead

• Mo

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:27 PM

I had a friend address me in front of everyone at a bonfire and say "jane said joe raped you is that true?" (Code names of course) but really youd ask someone that infront of a party full of people. I lied anf quickly said no I didnt want everyone to know and I knew what he would do to me if I told. I didnt even press charges for that reason. I was humiliated once again and couldnt leave that place fast enough.

#784 eeyorestale

• Contributing Member

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:06 AM

As an explanation for why I am having a difficult time dealing with the aftermath of the abuse my wife suggested that perhaps I had eaten to many sugary snacks, thanks but I was a child when it happened; I think I can control the snacks now, UGH

#785 free2speak

• Survivor

• Contributing Member

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:45 PM

I told my counselor on day one that I used my weight to avoid sexual relationships (on account of my CSA).

My t gave me a crazed, incredulous look.  "That's not what r*pe is about!!!"

Sure, invalidate the client.  Use textbooks to invalidate the client.  Talk shit about the client's feelings and invalidate instincts that are common to so many CSA survivors. 

God, that whole conversation wore on me, made my day feel heavy, dark.

Edited by free2speak, 05 September 2014 - 11:49 PM.

#786 howard

• Contributing Member

Posted 14 September 2014 - 12:24 PM

Ugh, free2speak. What a horrible gut punch! Does he/she know anything about CSA? What an imbecilic comment.

#787 germainemarie

• Butterfly to Catepillar & trying to get back there

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:29 PM

Dumbest thing anyone had said to me yet when I was telling them about my recent incident of abuse. ..

"At least you know somebody wanted you"

Yeah. .. wanted to completely demolish me, mind, body & soul. Don't know what people are thinking or where they get these ideas. .. it has nothing to do withany kind of feelings or desire for me & everything to do with his desire to obliterate my will.

#788 8888

• Breaking the Silence

Posted 27 September 2014 - 05:45 PM

"He couldn't have taken it that far, somebody would have noticed"

How do you know?  You weren't there.  I wish somebody would have noticed. 

#789 girl43

• finding compassion through the hurt

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:51 PM

Counselors comment 'he must be dangerous'

I was thinking jeez i think i already know that much.

#790 RosesAndNettles

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:17 PM

My boyfriend earlier told me he'd talked to his friend about my SA (without telling me he had) and he said "The same thing happened to her girlfriend, only she was actually raped"

Oh thanks, so you're basically either calling me a liar without realising or implying that what happened to me wasn't bad. Thanks a lot

#791 Tear_stained336

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:17 PM

My mother once told me in response to the topic of my CSA by my father, "I just don't understand why he chose you over me."

Soooo... You're jealous? Thanks ma! Nothing has ever made me feel so dirty.

#792 Rodean

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:58 PM

Oh Tear_stained336, I'm so very sorry she said that.  I think that definitely rates as a top ten stupid things to say.  Safe hugs if that's okay with you.  hug.gif

#793 Tear_stained336

Posted 02 October 2014 - 06:51 AM

Thank you for the hugs. :)

#794 Bryony

Posted 02 October 2014 - 11:54 AM

On telling the only person who knows. The very first thing he said: ''so you mean you're not a virgin?''

So I've just told you about SA, you know it's something I've never said out loud to anyone before, and the bit that you want to focus on is whether or not I'd technically be considered a virgin. It doesn't even feel right to use the word 'virgin' when you're talking about a six year old. I can't even explain why it bothered me, but it made me feel sick. I think it was the emphasis on me, as though it was something I'd ''done'', that made it feel so bad. Like I was impure or something. That probably sounds like an overreaction...

#795 Frannie

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:14 AM

I just told my partner about the man who attacked me on the street long time ago and his first question was "What were you wearing?"

When I was a child we watched the news on TV about raped women and my mom commented "Why are these women so upset? They should be happy!"

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.