Top 10 Stupidest Comments

• Please log in to reply
776 replies to this topic

#61 Francesca

Francesca
  • Professor of Bitchology and Gettin' Ugly

Posted 22 December 2002 - 10:58 PM

My mom asked me what I was thinking because I 'let them' do those things to me.

#62 Guest_Amy_*

Guest_Amy_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2003 - 01:32 PM

Can't believe I haven't replied to this yet.  Duh.
My hubby, when I told him I thought they had probably raped me but I wasn't sure (I'm a repressor):
"I doubt it -- people don't actually do things like that when they're young."
-- how stupid is that?
My mother, when I told her about their abuse:
"Don't tell me you got yourself ruined"
-- yeah, I'm completely garbage now, Mom, thanks for reminding me.
My hubby again, a few months ago, when I was feeling down about what happened:
"I guess we'll be going without dinner tonight"
-- you could always eat sh*t and die, dear.  

Amy

#63 Artemis

Artemis
  • scarred, but not scared anymore

Posted 24 February 2003 - 10:55 AM

Just remembered that whe replying to another thread...not hurtful, just plain stupid and funny as #### (imho)

My 47yo coworker when I mentioned I had been raped "Oh, luckily that hasn't happened to me YET"
I was like wtf??? and had to try really hard not to giggle...it just made no sense even coming from someone who is more stupid than a bag of potatoes

Art

#64 Nikee

Nikee
  • Too many stars and not enough sky...

Posted 19 April 2003 - 11:26 PM

Of the few people I've told about the rape most of them have given me some very stupid comments.

1. Thing that annoys me most is when your around people who feel they need to inform you of the brave kick-ass things THEY would have done in your situation(kick them in the balls, scream so loud someone would HAVE to hear them, bite them) .  Get a clue people!

2. A friend of mine when I first told him: "Well, your not the only rape victim I know." Good to know, thanks.

3. Counceler: "I've never actually been raped, but i speak to so many young women like yourself I know what your going through."  Well, I for one will sleep easier knowing I'm in your capable understanding hands.

4. This is the one that makes me laugh.  Someone once told me that just because I was raped that doesn't mean I should feel like a trollop. Yes, they actually used the word TROLLOP.  The things people say.

#65 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2002 - 05:32 PM

well i was in my health class 2 yrs ago(my freshman yr)....b4 anyone knew anything about all this and we were discussing date rape and sexuality all that fun stuff u learn freshman yr of high school.  So any way ill never forget this one stupid boy stands up  in the front of class durning this presentation he was giving and says...."In conclusion if people didnt want to be r*ped they shouldnt wear certain things....they are asking for it.  And by saying certain things girls give guys the RIGHT to do things to them....no is never a good answer."  um....yea HELLO!!!!!! and the sad thing is people were clapping...and even the teacher (but she was just being polite cuz she was really angry) i could have swore that with the smoke coming off of my head the fire alarm would have sounded off.

#66 Louise

Louise
  • Kicking arsenic

• Administrator

Posted 02 July 2002 - 02:38 PM

LOL.... And cooking, girls, don't forget cooking.

My husband's mother: "Isn't it time you stopped living in the past and found something better to do? The local tech offers Chinese Cookery courses, you know".

Oh! Okaaaaaay....Chow-mein and soy sauce as a cure for ptsd?

Fuckwits indeed.

L xxxxx

#67 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2002 - 06:28 PM

Occasionally when I'm around female friends, the topic arises - what would you do if you were in that situation? And what makes me furious are the girls who just say "That is so NEVER going to happen to me, because they can't hurt you unless you let them. I just wouldn't let them grab me." That isn't stupidity I know, that's just someone who's never been in that situation - and I hope they never are - but hearing stuff like that . . . Some people just have no idea. You don't KNOW what you'd do until it happens.

#68 Guest_choirgirl_*

Guest_choirgirl_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2002 - 08:47 PM

(((( raqueli ))))

or maybe knitting.  I'm got at that!  :)  not so good at crochet.  :(

#69 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2002 - 01:45 PM

After my disclosure to one of my closest friends - "so what?  You think I am happy all the time?  Get over it."

#70 Cira

Cira
  • One Girl Army

Posted 04 March 2003 - 04:36 AM

<i>"Oh, that's not a big deal.  Glad I could help."</i>

WTF is that?!?!  I cannot believe how stupid, & insensitive people can be.  

Or...how about this pearl of wisdom from a normally compassionate friend who apparently lost her brain...I hope to God it's temporary... I told her awhile back that my b/f & I had been having problems because of my inability to communicate with him & give him the things he needs in a relationship.

Her response?  Ummm...forgive me, this may not be an exact quote, but she said something like "You need to just tell him that you're ready, get over it & do it."  IT being sex.  And I really wasn't talking about sex in the first place, but more about emotional intimacy.

Well...now I know...if I just sleep with him, my issues will cease to exist.  Thanks for reminding me just how easy it actually is!!

So, now, I'm off to have meaningless sex (just to get rid of my issues you know), whip up a nice stir-fry, & knit someone a lovely sweater...I'm sure I'll be all healed once I'm done...

#71 Laney

Laney
  • I'll find strength in pain

• Inactive Member

Posted 17 July 2003 - 08:43 PM

after a recent suicide attempt, my ex bf, father of my son's words of wisdom?

(big fat trigger warning)

"next time cut up and down not side to side.  Just die and save us the time."

Thanks, pal.  You give me such hope in humanity.

Laney

#72 NotYetHealed

NotYetHealed

Posted 26 January 2003 - 06:17 PM

The latest and greatest from a another alleged, well-meaning friend, "Lisa, everything happens for a reason.  Life's just that way, there are no mistakes only learning experiences."  Yes, there are mistakes, namely choosing certain friends ~ likewise there is learning, namely knowing when to say goodbye to them.

Lisa  

#73 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2003 - 09:51 PM

My boss and suposed friend, the day of the rape:

Boss: "I think you'll be okay and get throught this. Your strong and I think you'll be one of the people who can cope with this"

I was quiet

Boss: "I think you're like me. I'm strong and I think that if someone drugged me and f*cked me up the ass, I'd be able to cope"

I was quiet

Boss:"In time you might even see a funny side"

Needless to say the WANKER is no longer my boss or friend, and the only funny thing is how pathetic he is!!!
-Sorry its not that funny, but I think you'll all agree it's pretty inappropriate. If I'd carried on working there I reckon he might have suggested I take up knitting!

#74 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2003 - 08:52 PM

A co-worker to me, after I told him his rape "jokes" weren't funny:

"If you don't learn to laugh about it, you'll never get over it."

ugh

#75 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2002 - 05:15 PM

Unfortunately the stupidest (and most hurtful) thing came from my very own mother, when she said to me, almost a year after, of finding out that my father abused me was;

"I hope you're not here to talk about that, (meaning the abuse) because your father doesn't remember any of it happening, but, I'm not saying I don't believe you, because I know YOU believe what you're saying".

Essentially she believes me to be a big fat liar, and my father to be wrongly accused by her psychotic daughter.

I haven't spoken directly to her since.

Liadan

(Edited by liadan at 11:19 pm on July 1, 2002)

(Edited by liadan at 11:36 pm on July 1, 2002)

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.