Photo

Top 10 Stupidest Comments

• Please log in to reply
821 replies to this topic

#646 JasHurts

JasHurts
  • Teen Member

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:35 AM

"All she does is whine or pity herself"...and when I tried to commit S "when you're done having a pity party then you can talk to me".....when I told a guy I liked about the rape and why I don't like kissing or hugging "well what can I do that you will like" then goes back to his exgf. Thanks.
.or from my dad "I'm not the guy who raped you"even tho he was he was just too drunk to remember ..or my friend "you need to be in 3b" it's the psych Ward here. From my brother "all guys like to do with u is f*** n ditch. All ur worth" ...from my friend "ur so depressed it's annoying. Suicide. Do it."...from my brother "no one likes you. Especially not me." And "tramp"...last but not least from my mom "couldn't u just push him off u?" All these hurt me so much ...ty for letting me get them out of my head!

#647 jdam

jdam
  • My heart still fluttersby...

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:33 AM

"Are you gonna let this bother you for rest of your life?"....wtf?

#648 yearsoftears

yearsoftears
  • living life one day at a time

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:10 AM

"Are you gonna let this bother you for rest of your life?"....wtf?

Oh I HATE that one jd. I dont know how many times I have been told that one. I, like you, respond by thinking WTF?? UGH

#649 MelK

MelK
  • Grrr

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:37 AM

"Put it out of your mind and think of something else."

yeah, I've had "try to think of something pleasant instead".
would like to suggest back to them "try to think"

#650 Meggy

Meggy

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:51 AM

Out of the mouth of my father in reference to my path of healing following being assaulted.... "Just f@*cking get over it."

Out of the mouth of my mother after finding out I confided in someone I had been abused by my dad as a young child..... "You'd better not come around anymore. It's my job to protect your father from YOU."

#651 fragilebrokenthings

fragilebrokenthings

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:24 AM

"yeah I know it happened, but it happened 2 years ago,"
"can't you just get over it?"
"you were only raped by one guy, it's not that bad"
"just get over it, stop letting it effect you."

These were all from my "friends"
But it feels good to get them out :)

#652 splath

splath

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:58 PM

After talking to a friend and telling her that I just wanted to forget the whole thing, she reminded me that it was an excellent learning opportunity so I should try to take something away from it so it doesn't happen again. Needless to say, I haven't tried talking to anyone about it since. At least she didn't suggest anything about knitting or Chinese food though....

#653 splath

splath

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:01 PM

I was also told by someone on the PostSecret app that I just shouldn't drink so much next time. Clearly that is the solution. Because sober people never get raped. It's my fault for being drunk. Idiot.

#654 Camellia

Camellia
  • Contributing Member

Posted 26 November 2011 - 02:59 PM

These comments are SO MADDENING!!! UGGHHHHH! They are so infuriating!!!
I am sooo sorry that all of you got unsupportive, wrong, untrue comments!!

Take gentle care,

Camellia

#655 punkbabeh

punkbabeh

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:20 PM

Got a great one off my mother (I rang her and told her even though we have no relationship anymore *non situation related*) she came over and all it was: Capitals are the thoughts running through my head.

You know my opinion of him, why were you even hanging out with him? (screaming in my head: BECAUSE HE WAS MY FRIEND! AND I DIDN'T PLAN FOR HIM TO GO OUT AND ATTACK ME!)
Why didn't you push him off? (BECAUSE I'VE BEEN WEAK FROM MY BLEEDING CONDITION AND I HAD BEEN DRINKING, AGAIN, I DIDN'T EXACTLY PLAN IT!)
Where was P****? *my partner* (AT HOME, BECAUSE WE'RE NOT JOINED AT THE HIP)...maybe if he went with you, it wouldn't have happened.
You know we need to talk about the family situation a little more than we need to talk about this. At least ring on Christmas Eve because the whole family will be there, and say sorry to everyone, you've hurt a lot of people. Your grandparents are wondering if they'll die before you ever get in touch. (MY RAPIST COULD HAVE KILLED ME Y'KNOW. SO ME DOING SOME CLEANING IN YOUR HOUSE AND ALSO BEING SUICIDAL IN THE PAST IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN BEING RAPED ON FRIDAY?)

Got a good one from my father-in-law on the way back from the video statement, and these include my answers that I said out loud.

P''l *brother in law* isn't happy that you've put it on facebook. (It's my body and my choice to talk about it, I shouldn't be made to feel ashamed for something I didn't do.) Also a lot of evidence from witnesses has come via my facebook inboxes...almost 60 pages of evidence.

#656 SakuraBloom

SakuraBloom

Posted 13 December 2011 - 05:26 PM

"You've got to put it behind you."
"Can't you have sex yet???"

#657 Luna_Sol

Luna_Sol

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:52 PM

The first friend I told about my experience to was kind of insensitive about it when I tried talking about why it seemed really, off.. I said "I'm not really sure if it was consensual.. he was being really pushy about it" and he just said "it's not rape if you don't say no". I told him I did say no, twice, and he just told me to take it as a learning experience. I wasn't even saying it was rape, and it still feels like too strong of a word for what happened. It was technically the same day it happened. It's not the worst things anyone has said, but I have only told a couple people about it (two were in a class with me that even had a unit on SA and rape, and another had nearly the same thing happen to her). So it's really only that friend who has issues about it, he won't even let me talk about it.

#658 Guest_Telcontar_*

Guest_Telcontar_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:41 AM

My mu found out against my will about my being abused by my brother. I didn't want to give her details, but she insisted.

Mum: As your mother, I think I have a right to know exactly what happened to you.

Me: All right: oral sex, mutual masturbation, and genital contact.

Mum: At least there wasn't any penetration. And are you sure you know what those terms mean? I'm not sure you know what you're talking about, and the "abuse" couldn't have been that bad.

#659 violetsforpersephone

violetsforpersephone

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:28 PM

How about.. "I've been finding it hard to have sex with you since you told me" from my boyfriend, a few weeks after telling him about CSA.
Jerk.

#660 sarahsdelicacy

sarahsdelicacy

Posted 31 December 2011 - 07:34 PM

The first therapist I saw, ten mintues after meeting me --

"You should lose your virginity. You act and talk very much like a child. Starting to have sex will allow you to finally grow up. Do you have a boyfriend?"
"No."
"Do you have a male friend you'd be willing to do it with?"

At this point I left. I cried all the way home and didn't seek help again for two years.

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.